• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't queue in the cold......

after about a dozen tries just managed to get into number 20 in the queue, will update on how long it actually takes to get through. is it worth asking them who got my account details email, do you think?

Went down to the ticket office yesterday after work. Got there at 4.40pm, bit of a queue out the door and down the ramp but tickets in hand by 5.10pm - not too bad.

Interesting. If it takes 80 mins to process 20 calls, they can only do 120 a day. Why are they asking people to phone?

''AT LAST'', someone with a bit of common sense.
This is exactly why this system is failing. I also have been phoning for Three days now and after wasting my time and money on about 200 attemps to get through, have given up. Actually heard that recorded message in my sleep.

Mick, we need you to work in the ticket office and explain to them that the maths don't work, here lies the problem. 3 Days to do Thousands of STH's, when you can only do a few Hundred.

Last edited:
This is exactly why this system is failing. I also have been phoning for Three days now and after wasting my time and money on about 200 attemps to get through, have given up. Actually heard that recorded message in my sleep.

Mick, we need you to work in the ticket office and explain to them that the maths don't work, here lies the problem. 3 Days to do Thousands of STH's, when you can only do a few Hundred.

I am available. I could double up as a proof reader for the programme and website but I draw the line at dressing up as one of those mascots.

I am available. I could double up as a proof reader for the programme and website but I draw the line at dressing up as one of those mascots.

Having read the liaison minutes it looks like the mascot costumes are heading for the scrapheap anyway.

I would presume that if people have friends who are going to the TO that they could take their season cards and get their tickets for them aswell.

I dont believe it was specifically stated that this would be the case but am sure it would be allowed as it has on a number of other occassions.

Rang at 9.29 and hit redial a dozen or so times until lines opened. Number 12 in queue
35 minutes later and its a 10 minute conversation whilst the lad there can't find my Ticket (he actually asked , would someone else have bought them for you) Then, he can't send me my wifes ticket without his managers intervention so he will call me back...

I had already emailed them the details but as they hadn't read the email by 1st thing this morning (yet were working 'til 9 last night processing fax requests) and today is the last day to get my seat I thought I had better ring.

I reckon the phone lines would be a lot clearer if people trusted the ticket office (I know I didn't ) and that will only happen if the catalogue of horror stories is stopped.
Also if people who were not supposed to be applying yet didn'yt (The lad in the Ticket office said that loads of people have been ringing when they can't buy their tickets yet)

Rang at 9.29 and hit redial a dozen or so times until lines opened. Number 12 in queue
35 minutes later and its a 10 minute conversation whilst the lad there can't find my Ticket (he actually asked , would someone else have bought them for you) Then, he can't send me my wifes ticket without his managers intervention so he will call me back...

I had already emailed them the details but as they hadn't read the email by 1st thing this morning (yet were working 'til 9 last night processing fax requests) and today is the last day to get my seat I thought I had better ring.

I reckon the phone lines would be a lot clearer if people trusted the ticket office (I know I didn't ) and that will only happen if the catalogue of horror stories is stopped.
Also if people who were not supposed to be applying yet didn'yt (The lad in the Ticket office said that loads of people have been ringing when they can't buy their tickets yet)

RIGHT...Apologies to those who were queueing on the phone behind me, I am a timewaster....The Ticket office processed my email last night so my call this morning was unnessecary. Shame, if I had got a read recepit I would not have wasted their time .

I should have trusted the ticket office :(

after about a dozen tries just managed to get into number 20 in the queue, will update on how long it actually takes to get through. is it worth asking them who got my account details email, do you think?

just got through and ordered. guy on the phone was either half-asleep or had a terrible cold...

arrived at the ticket office this morning around 10.15. About eight people in front of me, all done in about ten minutes.

If I'm just going to collect 14 tickets, do i still have to queue in the cold?

RIGHT...Apologies to those who were queueing on the phone behind me, I am a timewaster....The Ticket office processed my email last night so my call this morning was unnessecary. Shame, if I had got a read recepit I would not have wasted their time .

I should have trusted the ticket office :(

This is without a shadow of a doubt THE biggest problem with the ticket office. No one trusts them. To be fair who can blame us for feeling this way. We are constantly hearing of ST's being re-sold (I would know it's happened to me), tickets going missing in the post, paying for special delivery but yet not actually receieving them special deilvery. Not to mention people who have faxed and emailed first thing for tickets at Stamford Bridge yet found themselves in the more unpopular lower tier etc.

I have sympathy for the people in the ticket office. It must be a hard ask to sell near on 10,000 tickets in 10 days efficiently and at the end of the day we are only human and mistakes are made. Plus the fact that some of them are more than likely working late to help get them processed.

Still - as I said earlier, it's hard not to be trusting and the fact of the matter is that the lack of trust in the ticket office has probably caused a large majority of the jamming of the lines. I for one am guilty of this. I went through my application online yet because I could not see a booking or postage fee, I was convinced that I had to pick my ticket up from the club but wasn't 100% sure. So like many others I called to check this. There are also many people that have taken a chance on alternative methods such as faxing but yet then calling up to check if the fax was recieved. You may aswell have purchased over the phone in the first place without sending the fax. If we were all more trusting and non seasos stuck to the rules etc then we probably wouldn't have half of these problems.

Saying that, I ordered my ticket Tuesday morning and it wasn't in the post yesterday. If it isn't there when I get home tonight then no doubt I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow morning asking questions.......

Just got back from the ticket office after purchasing my Chelsea ticket.

It's nigh on dead in there, only about 5 or 6 people in the queue.

So, if you can get down there, do so.

I ordered mine via the e mail I got, was worried about the delivery as special delivery wasn't offered :stunned: BUT got up this morning ran downstairs and there on the mat was my ticket. Starts to breathe again :goodun:

I ordered mine via the e mail I got, was worried about the delivery as special delivery wasn't offered :stunned: BUT got up this morning ran downstairs and there on the mat was my ticket. Starts to breathe again :goodun:

That's pretty good news for me - hopefully I will get mine when I get home tonight too - fingers crossed.

my bro just rang me from the club shop and he was the front, middle and back of the queue. So nows a good a time as any if you can go down in person.

Season Ticket holder from Hampshire can't get through on the phone so a call is made to the club who said that "they can't get through on the internal lines" so God help anyone continually phoning, best of luck !

They said don't go down there, but my hand was forced.
So glad I did. I was in a queue of Two at 12.05. There was no frustration and smashing my phone, there was no form to fill in, no fax, no post to sweat over. Just handed over my season ticket card and cash and was in and out in 5 minutes holding my ticket and regaining my sanity. Alexandra Burke, Alexandra Burke.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back