• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't queue in the cold......

My Dad just collected my tickets. He said it's a nightmare, tickets not printed correctly, orders being screwed up all over the place by all accounts.

Took a lot of tries to get through yesterday on the phone and once I did, I waited for about 35mins on hold.

Went to get our tickets today and my usual season ticket seat had already been sold!!!!!!!!!! So they either sold it to a Team Card member,a shareholder, or someone has used my on-line email as I never received the email this time.

They did offer to contact the person who now has 'my' seat but told them not to bother & I got seats in next row instead.

I was 20th earlier and queued for about 75/ 80 mins. Didn't bother me though, didn't sign up for the email/ online thing (my fault), can't get down there and had no choice but to just sit here and do some other work while it was queueing. Not ideal but can't do anything about it really.

Went to get our tickets today and my usual season ticket seat had already been sold!!!!!!!!!! .

When are they going to stop doing this ??? Really gets my goat. It isnt rocket science.
They have sold my seat 3 times already this season to others. Last season it happened 4 times. And all I get from the ticket office is sorry.
Well maybe they would like to tell a large thug-like looking bloke that he's sitting in your seat next time.

..... But you need to throw a six to get through on the phones..... and not just one six, but ten in a row before you can even get into the telephone queue!!!

Has anyone else had the same problem, or have you been more successful and actually managed to get past the annoying bloke saying 'the Southend United ticket line is experiencing an exceptionally high volume of calls right now....'

So, it's either die from hypothermia or from a heart attack caused by the frustration of not being able to get through on the phone!!

Grrrr

Had that yesterday and my friend somehow got it for me.

spent an hour at RH from 12:30 today, although 20-30 minutes of it was inside the rather warm ticket office and it wasn't too cold at lunch time today so I'm well happy. Always like to get my tickets in my hand at POS.

Bring on the Chelsea!

I must've just missed you then mate as i got there at 12:20 and was served about 1 ... as i stated yesterday, much better queueing in the cold than having to rely on the phone/fax/email shenanigans

joking, il just pay on the gate.

btw, how much does it cost per minute to call the ticket office ?
bet the club has made a few pounds on phone calls alone for the replay & original cup game.

From a land line it will be 5p per minute. Depending on what package they've gone for, the club will probably be making a profit of between 1.5p and 3p per minute on all calls. Costs from mobiles could be significantly higher depending on your tariff.

I must've just missed you then mate as i got there at 12:20 and was served about 1 ... as i stated yesterday, much better queueing in the cold than having to rely on the phone/fax/email shenanigans

yep, between me, my bro and dad we've queued for all big match tickets

you may have been just inside the ticket office when i got there, the queue was at the end of the ramp and it didn't take long to get to the office.

yep, between me, my bro and dad we've queued for all big match tickets

you may have been just inside the ticket office when i got there, the queue was at the end of the ramp and it didn't take long to get to the office.

Quite possibly ... i too joined the queue at the bottom of the ramp

The only familiar faces i saw were that of callans (so i obviously tried to duck out the way) and Maureen Cave who used to run the coaches in the late 80s / early 90s

I was 20th earlier and queued for about 75/ 80 mins. Didn't bother me though, didn't sign up for the email/ online thing (my fault), can't get down there and had no choice but to just sit here and do some other work while it was queueing. Not ideal but can't do anything about it really.

Interesting. If it takes 80 mins to process 20 calls, they can only do 120 a day. Why are they asking people to phone?

Quite possibly ... i too joined the queue at the bottom of the ramp

The only familiar faces i saw were that of callans (so i obviously tried to duck out the way) and Maureen Cave who used to run the coaches in the late 80s / early 90s

You must of been in the same queue as me, because I saw Callan too!

Went to get our tickets today and my usual season ticket seat had already been sold!!!!!!!!!! So they either sold it to a Team Card member,a shareholder, or someone has used my on-line email as I never received the email this time.

They did offer to contact the person who now has 'my' seat but told them not to bother & I got seats in next row instead.

Be interesting for you to see who it is at the game?

Be interesting for you to see who it is at the game?

It's not his fault but I will ask him how they sold it to him and it's not like a league game where the club in the past have sold the same seat twice.

Bit of an odd seat for someone to buy as well, a single adult seat in the family stand. There were probably loads of better seats to choose from in South Upper or in the East Stand.

Not that worried at least we have got tickets easily, unlike the nightmare people are going to have getting through on the phones Sunday morning.

Which is exactly why Sunday will be chaos because all of those people will now call on Sunday.

The people who didn't get there tickets today, and can't. Sunday.

The man who is trying his like into talking the guy into a ticket. Sunday.

I'd suggest skipping Church.

I got through after 50 minutes to check what had happened to my fax tickets and it turns out they have been having to sift through because non-STs, non-Team Blues and non-shareholders have been sneakily trying to get one.

So fax applications (about 100-200 of them I'm told) are taking a long time to go through.

I'd have had my tickets through the post today otherwise, wouldn't have had to phone to find out where they are, therefore not jamming up the queues.

Been promised them by the end of the week. If not then I won't be happy, going to have to worry a bit till then as well!

I have to say, I was a bit puzzled when I read this thread. If I have got this right, you decided to fax the form over (as did I), presumably to avoid having to use the phone or because you couldn't get through, and have then decided to call anyway to see if the fax had been dealt with simply because you didn't receive the tickets by return post?

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back