• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2024

It is interesting that when some people pass away that to you they may seem very well known but a stranger to others.Bob Hoskins passed away about 10 years ago and I was at a gym and talking to a lad about 25 and he had no idea who he was which to me seemed mad as he was one of Britain's finest actors but he would have heard of reality stars and You Tubers that wouldn't register to myself
I remember when Bob Hoskins died, a younger female colleague of mine hadn't heard of him either. Several of us older ones started listing things he'd been in but she still didn't know. In the end someone said that he played Danny DeVito in 'Twins' just to wind her up. Still makes me laugh.

It is interesting that when some people pass away that to you they may seem very well known but a stranger to others.Bob Hoskins passed away about 10 years ago and I was at a gym and talking to a lad about 25 and he had no idea who he was which to me seemed mad as he was one of Britain's finest actors but he would have heard of reality stars and You Tubers that wouldn't register to myself

I loved him on Blockbusters

Camila Batmanheidjh founder of Kids -company dies aged 61.RIP.Wonder if DC will be going to her funeral ? Probably not. :Winking:
It was a shame as when she first came to light she looked like an angel for the children. Loads of young people in difficult circumstances with terrible histories were helped. This brought in £43Million inGovernment funding and private donations in the £Millions. Then she used much of that money for her lavish lifestyle, paying herself and her friends crazy amounts of money. Imagine if a private company had just done what Camila Batmanghelidjh has done to the thousands of children and their families who rely on the services of Kids Company. Imagine if a for-profit company was woefully mismanaged, deceived its shareholders by obfuscating performance stats and financial results, and then shut up shop with next to no notice, unceremoniously dumping all of its “service users” on the doorstep of local government and other local charities who have neither the resources or the expertise to pick up the strain. So she definitely made Thousands of young people have a better life. But she also helped herself to the riches the charity brought in.

It was a shame as when she first came to light she looked like an angel for the children. Loads of young people in difficult circumstances with terrible histories were helped. This brought in £43Million inGovernment funding and private donations in the £Millions. Then she used much of that money for her lavish lifestyle, paying herself and her friends crazy amounts of money. Imagine if a private company had just done what Camila Batmanghelidjh has done to the thousands of children and their families who rely on the services of Kids Company. Imagine if a for-profit company was woefully mismanaged, deceived its shareholders by obfuscating performance stats and financial results, and then shut up shop with next to no notice, unceremoniously dumping all of its “service users” on the doorstep of local government and other local charities who have neither the resources or the expertise to pick up the strain. So she definitely made Thousands of young people have a better life. But she also helped herself to the riches the charity brought in.
Not according to the judge she didn't. No wrongdoing found to have been done by her.

Not according to the judge she didn't. No wrongdoing found to have been done by her.
The lavish spending was proved before the court case. She hired the top Super lawyers in the land for her case. The ones that normally win. The case was more about the collapse of the charity and whether she had failed to operate it on a proper and financially sustainable basis. Of which she was found not guilty.
One of her closest people in the charity claimed this....
  • A group of young adults known as "Camila's kids" had inordinate amounts of money lavished on them. These payments were made solely at the discretion of Batmanghelidjh.
  • Money was sent by Kids Company to clients living overseas in Nigeria and possibly Jamaica.
  • Batmanghelidjh spent over £79,000 on private clinics for a 29-year-old man who confessed to stealing £15,000 from the charity.
  • Money was sent to prison inmates every month by postal order.
  • A Kids Company employee took a client to a spa for two or three days of pampering.
  • A client in his mid-20s was given a first class ticket to New York so he could see his girlfriend.
  • A £200 pair of trainers were given to a 12-year-old.
  • Over £700,000 was spent at a Harley Street clinic treating the wife of man known as "Tony the Driver" who worked for Kids Company.
  • Batmanghelidjh wanted to send a man who had recently been released from prison for knife crimes to China for a year so he could study martial arts. She wanted to do this because she believed the young man to be "spiritual."
  • Since the charity has closed, some clients have been receiving cash delivered to them by Camila Batmanghelidjh's North London driver Steven.
  • Over £50,000 was spent on taxis for a Christmas party.
I think she was basically a good person that helped Thousands of young people. I think she was a people pleaser, so she used some of the money to do that.

See Benfleet's post For an answer about the judge (as mentioned in the Obit I liked to)."the high court exonerated Batmanghelidjh, and rejected the claim that Kids Company had been mismanaged and charitable funds misspent" FWIW,I ageee with some of your final commentsinreplyto him

Last edited:
The lavish spending was proved before the court case. She hired the top Super lawyers in the land for her case. The ones that normally win. The case was more about the collapse of the charity and whether she had failed to operate it on a proper and financially sustainable basis. Of which she was found not guilty.
One of her closest people in the charity claimed this....
  • A group of young adults known as "Camila's kids" had inordinate amounts of money lavished on them. These payments were made solely at the discretion of Batmanghelidjh.
  • Money was sent by Kids Company to clients living overseas in Nigeria and possibly Jamaica.
  • Batmanghelidjh spent over £79,000 on private clinics for a 29-year-old man who confessed to stealing £15,000 from the charity.
  • Money was sent to prison inmates every month by postal order.
  • A Kids Company employee took a client to a spa for two or three days of pampering.
  • A client in his mid-20s was given a first class ticket to New York so he could see his girlfriend.
  • A £200 pair of trainers were given to a 12-year-old.
  • Over £700,000 was spent at a Harley Street clinic treating the wife of man known as "Tony the Driver" who worked for Kids Company.
  • Batmanghelidjh wanted to send a man who had recently been released from prison for knife crimes to China for a year so he could study martial arts. She wanted to do this because she believed the young man to be "spiritual."
  • Since the charity has closed, some clients have been receiving cash delivered to them by Camila Batmanghelidjh's North London driver Steven.
  • Over £50,000 was spent on taxis for a Christmas party.
I think she was basically a good person that helped Thousands of young people. I think she was a people pleaser, so she used some of the money to do that.
It's always east to spend other people's money!

Back