• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future COSU, Communications & Future

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion

Do you think it reasonable that COSU give us an update on progress.

• Yes

Votes: 168 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 11.3%
  • Not bothered either way.

Votes: 82 29.1%

• Total voters
:Clap:

After listening to fan feedback, we have managed to take steps as an interim measure to increase our capacity in the West Stand bar to assist with the volume of supporters attending this season.

The increased capacity will be enforced with immediate effect from tonight’s game against Eastleigh.

This evening, the bar will be open from 6pm to 9pm.

Cruzcampo and Amstel will be available on draught, as well as bottled Desperados, Moretti, Madri, Heineken (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), Bulmers and Old Mout.

There will also be a selection of real ales, wines and spirits.
Brilliant. A collaborative relationship.

Agree John as the old adage goes "If you don't ask you don't get" but there has been some that would do well to think "It's not what you say, it's how you say it" There has been some snide and unappreciative rubukes towards COSU, we just need to give them time to achieve across all aspects of the football club, because achieve they will.
Very much agree but would suggest in equal measure there's been some unnecessarily sneidy , sarcastic, and unpleasant remarks towards Zoners who risk offering a positive critique or dare to seek a bit more communication
it works both ways

Is this thread still going?

Majority poll suggests that yes, it is reasonable that COSU give an update on progress. But, that's only if there is an update to give! People seem to want a statement for every little thing.

Should a statement be released - "we have now financially secured a bar of soap for the toilets".

Updates that needed to have been given, have. I find the Internet and Southend website/twitter releases really useful for this.

Cardwell has gone, release clause activated - I read this whilst out of the country so amazed if no one knows!

JD has gone - I read this whilst out of the country so amazed if no one knows!

Keenan Appiah-Forson has joined. - I read this whilst out of the country so amazed if no one knows!

Aribim Pepple has joined on loan.
- I read this whilst out of the country so amazed if no one knows!

Kensdale - pretty sure I read our manager saying he was not available for selection and his situation involves an internal investigation?? I guess then nothing more to say unless he leaves the club. Private matter which would involve legalitees and an appeal process.

Ground - until there is anything to say I can't imagine they'll be anything released. When there is, I'm sure it'll be announced.

Have I/ the rest of the supporter base missed any other news?

A lot was said at the Cliffs about the proposed structure and fan involvement. COSU, though, have barely got their foot in the door.
I’d much prefer you telling us how Zack brunt is

Very much agree but would suggest in equal measure there's been some unnecessarily sneidy , sarcastic, and unpleasant remarks towards Zoners who risk offering a positive critique or dare to seek a bit more communication
it works both ways
Yes, well pointed out. I have see some posters who have calmly put their observations or suggestions in a well thought out and well meaning way but have received short shrift undeserving of where they are coming from. People's opinions need to be evaluated on an individual basis and not subject to condemnation by rule of thumb.

Any reports from the West bar from those that went yesterday evening? Any better or same old?

Queue seemed to be moving a bit quicker tbf. Still had to pretty much down the pint to get in in time for kick off mind you

This is what Justin told me last week that he was thinking of doing, glad he's done so. Believe he's a guest on Shrimperscast this weekend too.
Maybe because i have been badgering him on LinkedIn for awhile about it... Bad me. :Sad:

You know i am never impatient James. :Smile2:

Sorry Justin you cannot do an in depth interview, gosh mate as one Aussie to another the moaners wont have anything to moan about what are you thinking ..

Maybe because i have been badgering him on LinkedIn for awhile about it... Bad me. :Sad:

You know i am never impatient James. :Smile2:
You are known throughout all of space and time for your patience, level-headedness and ability to avoid making rash decisions when you don't get what you want, when you want it, my friend! :Worthy::Winking:

Back