• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future COSU, Communications & Future

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion

Do you think it reasonable that COSU give us an update on progress.

• Yes

Votes: 168 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 11.3%
  • Not bothered either way.

Votes: 82 29.1%

• Total voters
Fan zone in October
Final decision needed on where to start with RH...feeling is East stand first as that's the money maker.
West stand facilities re furb before real upgrades happen.
Time frame variable due to decisions pending on plans being finalised.

I would welcome COSU confirming architects have been instructed/planning permission being applied/plans being tendered for etc. Appreciate things take time but we’ve endured decades of Ron when things took decades - would be reassuring to hear things are actually underway.

I think little updates like these would really boost morale amongst fans.

I wouldn't spend a penny on the ground unless it were vital, fans can bring their own sanitiser, but put a few copies of the Guardian for anybody who is desperate. There are better things to spend money on especially increasing the capacity and profitability, they know what they can afford and achieve. I assume they have more on their mind now than being transparent to the fans' satisfaction. A sustainable future is the most important thing.

Perhaps COSU want to get their ducks in a row ready to start something like a fanzone rather than do a Ron and come out with a statement confirming the stadium will start in the summer and then just tumbleweeds

:Tumbleweed:

This week the new training grounds were made available to use. All we got was a YouTube video with them kicking the ball on the grass.

Why didn't they make a bigger deal and explain what they have had to do to get it to that point? For all I know all they've done is mow and water the grass.

That's not announcing what they will do, it's telling us what they have done but would do so much to continue the wave of positivity to post Ron era should have.

As pointed out above by others, we now have sensible, successful people in charge, they won't come out with any old bull plop, fantasy statements. They are finalising plans and strategies for the big long term project of a sustainable football club after Ron killed the club on many levels. Info will be forthcoming, when it's factual, relevant and necessary.

As pointed out above by others, we now have sensible, successful people in charge, they won't come out with any old bull plop, fantasy statements. They are finalising plans and strategies for the big long term project of a sustainable football club after Ron killed the club on many levels. Info will be forthcoming, when it's factual, relevant and necessary.

They had an evening at the Cliffs, which is also available on line. The same people who haven't bothered listening wont listen to small segments here and there. Especially the ones who have always doubted COSU and made false, whilst hinting they were in the know, claims on here that the takeover was never going to happen......Even as it was happening.

Justin certainly has no need to appease the small but loud minority. The rest of us just need to chill and let those who are paying for it make the decisions.

They had an evening at the Cliffs, which is also available on line. The same people who haven't bothered listening wont listen to small segments here and there. Especially the ones who have always doubted COSU and made false, whilst hinting they were in the know, claims on here that the takeover was never going to happen......Even as it was happening.

Justin certainly has no need to appease the small but loud minority. The rest of us just need to chill and let those who are paying for it make the decisions.
Since the event at the Cliffs one poster has said that they had spoken to Justin recently and they were now thinking of doing the East stand first so for all we know all the other plans mentioned have changed too.

Since the event at the Cliffs one poster has said that they had spoken to Justin recently and they were now thinking of doing the East stand first so for all we know all the other plans mentioned have changed too.

Yes I did read that. I'm sure if they do change plans and not just thinking about all options we will be informed of the change/final decision. If anything that means its essential to have the West and North operating at full capacity.....If we are going to have restricted crowds whilst they rebuild the east attendance then surely now is the time....According to some on here we need to spend like FGR to get back in the EFL.....Then what?.. Struggle on limited budget because we are rebuilding RH.

In the mean time I will be focusing on Tuesday nights game. I will be in the East because it doesn't matter to me when and in what order COSU decide to knock it down......Before its closed for fire safety reasons.

I wouldn't spend a penny on the ground unless it were vital, fans can bring their own sanitiser, but put a few copies of the Guardian for anybody who is desperate. There are better things to spend money on especially increasing the capacity and profitability, they know what they can afford and achieve. I assume they have more on their mind now than being transparent to the fans' satisfaction. A sustainable future is the most important thing.
I would have thought half hour to put out a statement that will make portions of their customer base happy was probably a reasonable use of time.

This week the new training grounds were made available to use. All we got was a YouTube video with them kicking the ball on the grass.

Why didn't they make a bigger deal and explain what they have had to do to get it to that point? For all I know all they've done is mow and water the grass.

That's not announcing what they will do, it's telling us what they have done but would do so much to continue the wave of positivity to post Ron era should have.
Maybe they are waiting for the King to be over his health scare so he can officially open it?

I would have thought half hour to put out a statement that will make portions of their customer base happy was probably a reasonable use of time.
Fans aren't customers, everybody knows that including owners. That's why we aren't treated the same way and why boycotts are virtually impossible to organise.

Fans aren't customers, everybody knows that including owners. That's why we aren't treated the same way and why boycotts are virtually impossible to organise.
Not sure i 100% agree but i get your point.

Maybe its time for that ethos to change.

I get the point you are aiming to make but would suggest if Southend are registered as a Business and sell anything from burgers to season tickets we are by definition definitely customers. under the law. People keep saying football is a business, that also makes us Customers as well as fan and supporters

Secondly if and when the new Regulator gets to implement anything in theory the relationship changes more as official powers can enforce Fan engagement

The Regulators duty Places fan engagement requirements on clubs and requiring clubs to comply with heritage protections.

This will require clubs to have a framework in place to regularly meet a representative group of fans to discuss key strategic matters at the club, and other issues of interest to supporters (including club heritage).

Most clubs have a strong relationship with their fans, consciously engaging them in decisions about the club’s heritage. However there have been some notable exceptions.
I expect COSU are planning for this future but some feel they could have got a bit more practice in

Is this thread still going?

Majority poll suggests that yes, it is reasonable that COSU give an update on progress. But, that's only if there is an update to give! People seem to want a statement for every little thing.

Should a statement be released - "we have now financially secured a bar of soap for the toilets".

Updates that needed to have been given, have. I find the Internet and Southend website/twitter releases really useful for this.

Cardwell has gone, release clause activated - I read this whilst out of the country so amazed if no one knows!

JD has gone - I read this whilst out of the country so amazed if no one knows!

Keenan Appiah-Forson has joined. - I read this whilst out of the country so amazed if no one knows!

Aribim Pepple has joined on loan.

- I read this whilst out of the country so amazed if no one knows!

Kensdale - pretty sure I read our manager saying he was not available for selection and his situation involves an internal investigation?? I guess then nothing more to say unless he leaves the club. Private matter which would involve legalitees and an appeal process.

Ground - until there is anything to say I can't imagine they'll be anything released. When there is, I'm sure it'll be announced.

Have I/ the rest of the supporter base missed any other news?

A lot was said at the Cliffs about the proposed structure and fan involvement. COSU, though, have barely got their foot in the door.

Back