• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future COSU, Communications & Future

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion

Do you think it reasonable that COSU give us an update on progress.

• Yes

Votes: 168 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 11.3%
  • Not bothered either way.

Votes: 82 29.1%

• Total voters
A great idea, but what about the fans who don't take their phone to a game ( i don't! ) , and those who don't use their phone to scan a QR code?.

QR codes have a bad rep for fraud and so I'd assume these QR locations are going to be well signposted around the ground.

If you don't take your phone to a game, then I'd expect the results of the QR scans to be posted here anyway.

Things, as people have been suggesting, are moving behind the scenes.

There is a blue Notice pinned to the telegraph pole next to the West Stand Ticket Office. It is headed 'Licensing Act 2003'. Sub heading 'Notice of Application for a variation of Premises Licence'.

I'm afraid I'm not clever enough to post a picture of the Notice! However, Dadds LLP Solicitors acting for and on behalf of Southend United have applied to Southend Council for the following:

1. Amend the plan attached to the premises licence to add two bar servery arears within the curtilage of the Stadium serving the West Stand.
  2. To make no other alterations to the hours or conditions of the premises licence.
All representations to be made in writing by 11th October 2024.

The times they are a-changing...

There is a blue Notice pinned to the telegraph pole next to the West Stand Ticket Office. It is headed 'Licensing Act 2003'. Sub heading 'Notice of Application for a variation of Premises Licence'.

I'm afraid I'm not clever enough to post a picture of the Notice! However, Dadds LLP Solicitors acting for and on behalf of Southend United have applied to Southend Council for the following:

1. Amend the plan attached to the premises licence to add two bar servery arears within the curtilage of the Stadium serving the West Stand.
  2. To make no other alterations to the hours or conditions of the premises licence.

Is there an application number shown on the notice? If so we should be able to get a link to the application which may enable us to support it during the consultation period.

Is there an application number shown on the notice? If so we should be able to get a link to the application which may enable us to support it during the consultation period.

No, unfortunately there is no application number. It just says:

"Interested parties and responsible authorities may make representation to the Licensing Authority (Southend-on-Sea City Council). All such representations shall be made in writing, by 11th October 2024. Representations should be sent to the Licensing Authority, Southend-on-Sea City Council, Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6ZG or emailed to licact2003@southend.gov.uk"

This is all positive news and shows that the club are taking notice of concerns from fans. Nice to see they added two new doors to the bar for yesterdays game.

I spoke to TL when he popped over to the West about the Fanzone and apparantly they haven't agreed a spot for it yet.

One thing I really like that they’ve done, and something I’ve never seen in all my years attending at Roots Hall. During the first half, someone comes around with a selection of fizzy drinks and chocolate bars for all the stewards in front of the East from the dug out to the away end.

I assume it goes all the way around the stadium, but I only have clocked it in front of me and this season.

It’s little things like that that make Southend United a much better place to work.

This is all positive news and shows that the club are taking notice of concerns from fans. Nice to see they added two new doors to the bar for yesterdays game.

I spoke to TL when he popped over to the West about the Fanzone and apparantly they haven't agreed a spot for it yet.
Assuming the FanZone will be situated somewhere in the East Car Park, it would be a great idea and a help to the less mobile if the West Stand fans could get to the West Stand via the stadium, rather than having the long hike back up to St Mary's Church, along West Road and then down Shakespeare Drive. With the handheld kit the stewards now use I couldn't see it being a major problem.

Assuming the FanZone will be situated somewhere in the East Car Park, it would be a great idea and a help to the less mobile if the West Stand fans could get to the West Stand via the stadium, rather than having the long hike back up to St Mary's Church, along West Road and then down Shakespeare Drive. With the handheld kit the stewards now use I couldn't see it being a major problem.
It's a nice idea, but not sure how feasible it is. The South is too congested, the only possible way may be behind the North (up the slope) but this will very much depend on whether they want to use this area for away fans.

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 12.42.18.png

Back