• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ROFL: But I thought they said you can still catch and spread COVID if you've been vaccinated? Either the vaccine works or it doesn't. No vaccine is 100% safe, nothing in life is 100% safe. But given the tiny numbers of cases and deaths at the moment, it's clearly pretty effective.

Also, there is limited evidence of asymptomatic transmission.

In response to your earlier post calling me 'selfish', I don't think it's selfish to care about the economy, to care about the ever-growing NHS waiting lists, to care about the countless other illnesses which are currently killing far more people than COVID is, to care about the long-lasting damage of these restrictions. Yes people are worried, but that's because we've had 15 months of fear being pumped at us by the media and the government.

I'm not quite sure why you find it funny.

One day you'll want to go away on holiday or a business trip, or even go to the theatre, sporting events eg and you'll need a vaccine to gain entry.

Again it's your choice, but, you do come across as "I'm alright Jack".

I'm not quite sure why you find it funny.

One day you'll want to go away on holiday or a business trip, or even go to the theatre, sporting events eg and you'll need a vaccine to gain entry.

Again it's your choice, but, you do come across as "I'm alright Jack".

There was an article in the Telegraph explaining why the so call vaccine passport wont be happening for events etc in Britian.

The main reason a lot of the 40-60 age group are having the 'vaccine' is to go on holiday. Surely traveling by air to another country for a holiday is the most selfish act you could do right now.

Thanks for the assurance but I think we need a tad more info than just the personal experience of Mr and Mrs Tangled.

There's been 1.91 billion vaccines given globally. I would hope any potential short term impacts have been discovered by now.

No, as I said earlier I am not having this experimental vaccine. Young, healthy people do not need it. I suspect many are having it because of peer pressure or because they want to go abroad, rather than for medical reasons.

There was a report in April that Britain has already achieved the threshold for herd immunity, when you combine the vaccine with the number of people who have antibodies from having had the virus.

I find it impossible to reconcile your definition of the vaccines as being experimental. All those currently being used around the World have all been approved by various Medicines Regulators worldwide and by the World Health Organisation and therefore cannot be described as experimental.

There was an article in the Telegraph explaining why the so call vaccine passport wont be happening for events etc in Britian.

The main reason a lot of the 40-60 age group are having the 'vaccine' is to go on holiday. Surely traveling by air to another country for a holiday is the most selfish act you could do right now.

Do you have a source for that? Most people I know are getting the vaccine to reduce the personal risk and impact of contracting covI'd, reduce the impact on the NHS and hopefully allow things to get back to 'normal' quicker. Nothing to do with getting on an aeroplane this summer.

I could be wrong, Wembley are (have) only allowed people in who have been vaccinated, that goes for the Euro's as well. I could be wrong though.

The GOV won't introduce a vaccine passport, however, I can see a lot of big companies, be it flights, sporting events, theatre's eg eg introducing a scheme where you're only allowed in if you have proof of a valid vaccination.

The GOV are leaving it up to the event organisation to take responsible precautions.

I can see in the future, those who haven't been vaccinated not being permmited into a lot of places.

Last edited:
I find it impossible to reconcile your definition of the vaccines as being experimental. All those current being used around the World have all been approved by various Medicines Regulators worldwide and by the World Health Organisation and therefore cannot be describes as experimental.
Only approved under emergency procedures. Otherwise I think it will be 2023 before approval. I call that experimental.

No, as I said earlier I am not having this experimental vaccine. 1.Young, healthy people do not need it. I suspect many are having it because of peer pressure or because they want to go abroad, rather than for medical reasons.

2.There was a report in April that Britain has already achieved the threshold for herd immunity, when you combine the vaccine with the number of people who have antibodies from having had the virus.

1.That is so very wrong on so many counts.

2.I'm sure you've heard the mantra "none of us is safe until everyone is safe".I'd say the planet is some way away from herd immmunity just yet.

Only approved under emergency procedures. Otherwise I think it will be 2023 before approval. I call that experimental.
I have yet to see or hear any medical Authority describing the vaccines as experimental. But we could play 'Oh no it's not, oh yes it is' all afternoon so we will have to agree to differ.

I have yet to see or hear any medical Authority describing the vaccines as experimental. But we could play 'Oh no it's not, oh yes it is' all afternoon so we will have to agree to differ.

Well they are 'experimental' in as such they are newly formed with no ability to gauge long term side effects but they are based upon previous vaccination methods which quite clearly are safe so it can be argued both ways.

Are they likely to be safe? Almost certainly yes.

Can we be sure? Absolutely not

Well they are 'experimental' in as such they are newly formed with no ability to gauge long term side effects but they are based upon previous vaccination methods which quite clearly are safe so it can be argued both ways.

Are they likely to be safe? Almost certainly yes.

Can we be sure? Absolutely not

This post made me chuckle and probably the best post I've ever seen and correct on both counts.

It's hard to argue either way..... Covid is a big (I haven't got a clue what's coming next) dilemma.

Which also applies to the yearly flu jab (since each year's vaccine is targeting different viruses compared to the last), but that doesn't have the attention of conspiracy theorists so people don't tend to worry about it.

But I don't think that's right, which is also one of the reasons I'm not having it.

I've got tickets for England v Scotland at Wembley and I've not seen anything about having to prove vaccine status. You just have to wear a mask. Maybe it will happen in the future, in which case I might give in and get the vaccine once more is known about the long-term side effects. For now I'm waiting to see how it plays out.

Don't think I'll need to be vaccinated to get into Altrincham next season anyway :Hilarious:

But I don't think that's right, which is also one of the reasons I'm not having it.

I've got tickets for England v Scotland at Wembley and I've not seen anything about having to prove vaccine status. You just have to wear a mask. Maybe it will happen in the future, in which case I might give in and get the vaccine once more is known about the long-term side effects. For now I'm waiting to see how it plays out.

Don't think I'll need to be vaccinated to get into Altrincham next season anyway :Hilarious:

How long term? It'll take a lifetime to be completely sure of the proper long term side effects. If I were you, I would wait until you're re-incarnated before deciding as you can't be too careful.

Blimey, make your mind up, one minute you're totally against it, the next, you might get it.

Good news on deaths today!
To put a downer on the good news, my mate and golfing partner has had both jabs and guess what? Has had a positive lateral flow and having a pcr tommorow!
I knew vaccine wouldn't stop you catching covid but starting to wonder how effective it really is? Time will tell I guess.

Do you have a source for that? Most people I know are getting the vaccine to reduce the personal risk and impact of contracting covI'd, reduce the impact on the NHS and hopefully allow things to get back to 'normal' quicker. Nothing to do with getting on an aeroplane this summer.

Just ask anyone who is going to have it.

I could be wrong, Wembley are (have) only allowed people in who have been vaccinated, that goes for the Euro's as well. I could be wrong though.

The GOV won't introduce a vaccine passport, however, I can see a lot of big companies, be it flights, sporting events, theatre's eg eg introducing a scheme where you're only allowed in if you have proof of a valid vaccination.

The GOV are leaving it up to the event organisation to take responsible precautions.

I can see in the future, those who haven't been vaccinated not being permmited into a lot of places.

They won't be able to discriminate against those of us who cant have the vaccine for medical or religious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back