• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no case for delaying. This has already gone on far too long than it needed to. The only people who want to delay are the celebrity scientists who would have us in permanent lockdown.

There were ZERO deaths recorded in England today and we're seriously talking about extending restrictions? We've had the Indian variant for a few weeks now and there has no been no significant increase in hospitalisations/deaths. And it appears the vast majority of those who are being hospitalised refused the vaccine, which is their choice and their risk to take.

Viruses mutate all the time, normally into almost identical versions of the original. We have to live with this thing and stop being terrified by meaningless 'case' numbers and scary new variants.

I think you're having a little dig at someone who is just following the news and doing a little bit of internernet research. You have no clue what the future holds, no more than the rest of us.

You come accross a little selfish, people are worried, just because you're not, Think about others who are.

There is absolutely no case for delaying. This has already gone on far too long than it needed to. The only people who want to delay are the celebrity scientists who would have us in permanent lockdown.

There were ZERO deaths recorded in England today and we're seriously talking about extending restrictions? We've had the Indian variant for a few weeks now and there has no been no significant increase in hospitalisations/deaths. And it appears the vast majority of those who are being hospitalised refused the vaccine, which is their choice and their risk to take.

Viruses mutate all the time, normally into almost identical versions of the original. We have to live with this thing and stop being terrified by meaningless 'case' numbers and scary new variants.

You sound like someone who's been fully vaccinated (like me). There are millions of younger people who haven't.Even in Spain they're not talking about 70% herd immunity being achieved until the end of June.

You sound like someone who's been fully vaccinated (like me). There are millions of younger people who haven't.Even in Spain they're not talking about 70% herd immunity being achieved until the end of June.

I don't think it's the old who are worried now, younger people want the jab as well.

London seems to be the Capital of the stupid these days, protesting against everything....... The latest was the anti Vac (apparently) a million people marching the streets and spreading the love.

That's a million thicko's, I should be shocked, but I'm really not.

I don't think it's the old who are worried now, younger people want the jab as well.

London seems to be the Capital of the stupid these days, protesting against everything....... The latest was the anti Vac (apparently) a million people marching the streets and spreading the love.

Where did you get a million from? At most there were a couple of thousand protesters.

Do you know what the longterm side effects of the Injection are?

Don't think anyone does.But I can assure you that there are no short term effects whatsoever of the pfiser jab (at least in my own experience and that of my wife's).

Thanks for the assurance but I think we need a tad more info than just the personal experience of Mr and Mrs Tangled.

No, as I said earlier I am not having this experimental vaccine. Young, healthy people do not need it. I suspect many are having it because of peer pressure or because they want to go abroad, rather than for medical reasons.

There was a report in April that Britain has already achieved the threshold for herd immunity, when you combine the vaccine with the number of people who have antibodies from having had the virus.

No, as I said earlier I am not having this experimental vaccine. Young, healthy people do not need it. I suspect many are having it because of peer pressure or because they want to go abroad, rather than for medical reasons.

There was a report in April that Britain has already achieved the threshold for herd immunity, when you combine the vaccine with the number of people who have antibodies from having had the virus.

The problem I have with that attitude (totally your choice) is those you could infect, bearing in mind the vaccine doesn't give 100% protection.

The problem I have with that attitude (totally your choice) is those you could infect, bearing in mind the vaccine doesn't give 100% protection.

:ROFL: But I thought they said you can still catch and spread COVID if you've been vaccinated? Either the vaccine works or it doesn't. No vaccine is 100% safe, nothing in life is 100% safe. But given the tiny numbers of cases and deaths at the moment, it's clearly pretty effective.

Also, there is limited evidence of asymptomatic transmission.

In response to your earlier post calling me 'selfish', I don't think it's selfish to care about the economy, to care about the ever-growing NHS waiting lists, to care about the countless other illnesses which are currently killing far more people than COVID is, to care about the long-lasting damage of these restrictions. Yes people are worried, but that's because we've had 15 months of fear being pumped at us by the media and the government.

Don't think anyone does.But I can assure you that there are no short term effects whatsoever of the pfiser jab (at least in my own experience and that of my wife's).

I didn't have any side-effects with the first Pfizer jab but following the second, I had some dizziness on standing (which I suspect was postural hypotension) which lasted for a couple of weeks and when at its worst, some nausea and vomiting too. Apologies to anyone who might be eating as they read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back