• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
#hadenoughblue and your post.
£5k fine, reads straight forward but I expect the fine won't be paid, summons will be issued, a fines court appearance, some words from a solicitor about hardship, naivety, emergency, ignorance etc and the fine will be reduced to 50pence and a stiff finger wagging.

Currently being harassed with texts from the NHS to book 'my' vaccine despite telling them I don't want it. While people who are actually ill can't get face-to-face doctor's appointments...

I have a back problem right now so am unable to get out and get vaccinated, I've had a few text but I'd hardly call it harrased. Those text are to protect your health and well being. Would you complain if the NHS text you to tell you, you have an appointment for surgery if you needed it? Stop being a drama queen.

Last edited:
I have a back problem right now so am unable to get out and get vaccinated, I've had a few text but I'd hardly call it harrased. Those text are to protect your health and well being. Would you complain if the NHS text you to tell you, you have an appointment for surgery if you needed it? Stop being a drama queen.

No of course I wouldn't complain, but that's completely different. I don't need the vaccine, I don't want it, I have told them that. You think this is just about health?

They should just open it up to anyone who wants it now and stop pressuring people who refuse. There is no need for healthy young people to have this experimental vaccine.

No of course I wouldn't complain, but that's completely different. I don't need the vaccine, I don't want it, I have told them that. You think this is just about health?

They should just open it up to anyone who wants it now and stop pressuring people who refuse. There is no need for healthy young people to have this experimental vaccine.

My point is that you're complaining you're being harrased and you're not.

So many people come on this thread who are desperate to get the jab and believe in it, I just don't know why you felt the need to post this.

I have no problem you not wanting it, that's your choice.

Last edited:
My point is that you're complaining you're being harrased and you're not.

So many people come on this thread who are desperate to get the jab and believe in it, I just don't know why you felt the need to post this.

I have no problem you not wanting it, that's your choice.

I know of people who have had endless text messages and calls to book them in for the vaccine even though they have informed them they don't want it. I'm making no judgement here on whether people should have it or not, I have.

However why keep chasing people who have made it clear they don't want it?

I have my first one booked 8th June. Strangely enough, I am looking forward to it! I would have happily have had as soon as possible.

Just a quick question, I am 30, so having the Pfizer, I have my honeymoon booked 19th august to Orlando (not that it is looking likely I will be able to go) if my second dose is 12 weeks, it would be booked when we are in Orlando. Can they move it forward? Not that I expect them to as it is my honeymoon, but has anyone had their Pfizer earlier? I have heard of some having it 3 weeks after their first dose but think that may be NHS workers or elderly? Not so sure.

I have heard Wickford announced in the past on certain days that anyone who has had their first jab after a certain amount of weeks to just turn up and have their second.

Thank you for your help in advance!

I'm 37 and had the AstraZeneca in March. Think the guidance may have changed since i had mine so you may get Pfizer or the Moderna.

I'm sure i read somewhere that they was going to start to shorten the weeks between vaccines to deal with the Indian variant, although this may just be in areas where they have lots of cases of the variant (Bolton etc)

I have my first one booked 8th June. Strangely enough, I am looking forward to it! I would have happily have had as soon as possible.

Just a quick question, I am 30, so having the Pfizer, I have my honeymoon booked 19th august to Orlando (not that it is looking likely I will be able to go) if my second dose is 12 weeks, it would be booked when we are in Orlando. Can they move it forward? Not that I expect them to as it is my honeymoon, but has anyone had their Pfizer earlier? I have heard of some having it 3 weeks after their first dose but think that may be NHS workers or elderly? Not so sure.

I have heard Wickford announced in the past on certain days that anyone who has had their first jab after a certain amount of weeks to just turn up and have their second.

I did read somewhere that because of the Indian variant, the GOV are moving the second jab to 8 weeks rather than 12, it's definitely worth looking into.

Fingers crossed for you.

I did read somewhere that because of the Indian variant, the GOV are moving the second jab to 8 weeks rather than 12, it's definitely worth looking into.

Fingers crossed for you.
Thank you, whilst it would be great to go on our honeymoon, there are other things to worry about right now.

It would be nice to have both doses sooner rather than later though, especially working in a school, though our cases are pretty low.

In Wickford when the call goes out that there are spare vaccines, for a 2nd jab you normally need to be at least 8 wks after 1st.

Currently being harassed with texts from the NHS to book 'my' vaccine despite telling them I don't want it. While people who are actually ill can't get face-to-face doctor's appointments...

Those are two separate issues. I doubt doctors in the GP surgeries are manually texting people to get a vaccine instead of seeing patients.

Thank you, whilst it would be great to go on our honeymoon, there are other things to worry about right now.

It would be nice to have both doses sooner rather than later though, especially working in a school, though our cases are pretty low.

:Off Topic:

Reminds me of my wife. When she heard about the Tsunami in the Indian Ocean at Christmas 2004 she burst into tears. Turns out she was worried it would impact our honeymoon in the Maldives in Feb 2005.

I should add, however, that that only lasted about 10 seconds, and then she was upset at the devastation it caused to the point that she emailed the resort we were staying at to see if there was anything they wanted us to bring with us to help their staff out.

Those are two separate issues. I doubt doctors in the GP surgeries are manually texting people to get a vaccine instead of seeing patients.

Yes, they're obviously computer generated text messages. I feel very fortunate that we have a health care system like the NHS.

Indeed, I have shared no upset about our honeymoon that was moved from last year to this year, as I said, I would love to go, but being able to see my family, and being extremely lucky that not many of my family have suffered from Covid is the most important thing. I consider myself to be in an extremely lucky position.

Well said you, we're all very lucky thanks to the NHS. I can't speak highly enough of them.

I'm 37 and had the AstraZeneca in March. Think the guidance may have changed since i had mine so you may get Pfizer or the Moderna.

I'm sure i read somewhere that they was going to start to shorten the weeks between vaccines to deal with the Indian variant, although this may just be in areas where they have lots of cases of the variant (Bolton etc)
At the moment we have been advised that if given the AZ as the first we cannot give the Pfizer as the second dose although we can do it the other way around - Pfizer first and then AZ second but, that should only apply where the Pfizer cannot be given.
Strange I know and no doubt the guidelines will again change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back