• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada are allowing 12-15 year olds to have the jab without parents consent. They get a ice cream as a reward. If North Korea had done this 2 years ago the world would have condemned it but now its all acceptable.

Bloody scandalous, I never got a ice cream.

Incredibly selfish I know but I am fed up of spots caused by wearing face masks.
Fair play mate for acknowledging an issue.
I know NHS staff who have acne scars caused by prolonged PPE wearing AND it is a real problem for many others too.
Your pharmacist may be able to recommend some good skin clear creams.

Getting a jab is proving problematic so maybe someone could help.

Been trying to book up a jab somewhere closer than Rayleigh since sat but eventually gave up at thought I may as well just get it done. So decide on a time and date and the go to book a 2nd jab ... which isn't possible unless I want to go to Kent; as it won't let me book one at the rayleigh place. Absolute mental.
Is that the Pfizer or Moderna jab Kev?
Only reason I ask is that we have lots of the AZ available. I know the lower age groups are advised to have the Moderna or Pfizer.

Have you tried looking on the EPUT site as they are currently running the big vaccination centres or even 119

Incredibly selfish I know but I am fed up of spots caused by wearing face masks.
Ditto - I am so cheesed off having to wear all the time and they have caused me some skin irritation on the face as a result.
I have also noticed I am sneezing more when wearing - although we are now in hay fever season

lucky thing - there is a full clinic there tomorrow and Thursday

They called me at 10am, said they'd had a cancellation for 10am tomorrow!.
Do they give the same time to many people, ie 8.30/9am?. Reason i ask is i live opp & when they have the clinic, early morning they are queuing round the corner between these times.
Yet 1/2 hr later, most of the queue has disappeared, which remains the same for the rest of the morning!.

Do they give the same time to many people, ie 8.30/9am?. Reason i ask is i live opp & when they have the clinic, early morning they are queuing round the corner between these times.
Yet 1/2 hr later, most of the queue has disappeared, which remains the same for the rest of the morning!.
Mine was 8.40 and I got there at half past and the queue went right round the corner. I thought the same! To be fair I can’t fault how quick they got everyone seen and I was out before 9! I got the Astra Zeneca.

Mine was 8.40 and I got there at half past and the queue went right round the corner. I thought the same! To be fair I can’t fault how quick they got everyone seen and I was out before 9! I got the Astra Zeneca.

That's what amazes me once it opens. I'm sure there's only 2 rooms (?) to wait in, distanced apart, yet the queues seem to go down faster than a punctured tyre!.
AZ for me as well, no symptoms after 1st one, here's hoping for the same result tomorrow!.

Depends which vaccine is being given on the day.
I know we are using the AZ tomorrow and Thursday so we are able to vaccinate up to 5 people at the same time (providing we have 5 vaccinators on site) so, in answer to your question yes we do give the same appointment time to people and all appointments have 5 minutes between each one.
If it is the Pfizer we have to be mindful that a 10-15 minute observation has to be completed and so we cant get that many people on site

Depends which vaccine is being given on the day.
I know we are using the AZ tomorrow and Thursday so we are able to vaccinate up to 5 people at the same time (providing we have 5 vaccinators on site) so, in answer to your question yes we do give the same appointment time to people and all appointments have 5 minutes between each one.
If it is the Pfizer we have to be mindful that a 10-15 minute observation has to be completed and so we cant get that many people on site

I'll have to look out for you in the morning. I'll be wearing shorts & a 'Tiger' T-shirt ( grrr!! ).

That's what amazes me once it opens. I'm sure there's only 2 rooms (?) to wait in, distanced apart, yet the queues seem to go down faster than a punctured tyre!.
AZ for me as well, no symptoms after 1st one, here's hoping for the same result tomorrow!.
They didn’t book me in for a 2nd dose they told me Highlands would contact me (but to chase if they didn’t). No side effects here either!

They didn’t book me in for a 2nd dose they told me Highlands would contact me (but to chase if they didn’t). No side effects here either!
We have not been giving people dates for 2nd ones as sometimes we don't know which one or how many vaccines we may be getting and felt if would cause more issues if we gave a 2nd date and then if we didn't have the vaccines available we would then have to cancel and re-book which would most likely cause lots of people inconvenience

Is that the Pfizer or Moderna jab Kev?
Only reason I ask is that we have lots of the AZ available. I know the lower age groups are advised to have the Moderna or Pfizer.

Have you tried looking on the EPUT site as they are currently running the big vaccination centres or even 119

You may not have seen my post from earlier but the lady at the cliffs said that they are only getting the moderna one from Monday next week and as I'm below 40, the guidance is to take the moderna due to the very slim potential of getting a blood clot, hence no slots being available for me at the cliffs but she said to give it a week as they are having to re vamp the lay out at the cliffs to allow them to stock both jabs.

Our cleaner has just turned up for the 1st time in about 3 weeks. She's Polish and had to go back to Poland for a funeral, and then had to isolate when she and her husband got back.

She told us that it was taken really seriously. She was called every day to make sure she was in. She was also visited every day to make sure she was in. The same was done for her husband. So between them they received 2 visits and 2 phone calls every day.

How the hell they'll keep that up heaven only knows.

FWIW, I suspect in the next review (on June 7th) HMG will put Spain and Greece's islands in the green zone for international travel but still keep the mainland of these countries (and France too for that matter) in the amber zone for travel.

Our cleaner has just turned up for the 1st time in about 3 weeks. She's Polish and had to go back to Poland for a funeral, and then had to isolate when she and her husband got back.

She told us that it was taken really seriously. She was called every day to make sure she was in.
She was also visited every day to make sure she was in. The same was done for her husband. So between them they received 2 visits and 2 phone calls every day.

That's precisely what worrying a relative of mine (cousin-in-law) atm.She wasn't able to go back for her mother's funeral in Feb. (from France where she lives).Currently she's hoping to go back to the UK in August (with her husband and two young adult sons) to attend a ceremony where her mother's ashes will be buried in the same grave as her father's.But the present restictions on travel from so called "amber" countries are making this diffificult.

She told us that it was taken really seriously. She was called every day to make sure she was in. She was also visited every day to make sure she was in. The same was done for her husband. So between them they received 2 visits and 2 phone calls every day.

It does seem the Police are tightening things up. I was watching "This Morning" last week and Holly what's her face said some of her friends had came back from holiday from an (Amber location) therefore should have been isolating. The police rung ( I'm assuming it was a mob) and asked if they were home, they said yes, so the Police asked them to come to the front door. They wasn't home, BANG, 5k fine. That's enough to ruin anyones day.

Also, I was speaking to an Indian guy in my local corner shop, his family had just returned from India where they attended a funeral. Even though they're British Indian's (not sure that's the political correct phrase these days) and have there own house in Manchester, they had to pay £1700 for a Quarantine hotel.

I'm guessing that's the difference from returning from Amber and Red listed Countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back