• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully The EU's announcement yesterday of a covid passport (for those who 've been fully vaccinated) allowing travel between all 27 EU countries,,available digitally or on paper from 01/07/2021,will give HMG some food for thought when they review the current traffic light system for international travel in a few week's time.
If only we were still in EU. People could have had their pick of destinations in Europe

Hopefully The EU's announcement yesterday of a covid passport (for those who 've been fully vaccinated) allowing travel between all 27 EU countries,,available digitally or on paper from 01/07/2021,will give HMG some food for thought when they review the current traffic light system for international travel in a few week's time.

I'm guessing Spain is desperate to get Brits travelling back this summer, the tourism industry in Spain must be loosing billions.

Try and get a flight and hotel in GIB. Brit's seem to be flocking there right now. The GIB tourism industry are reporting record highs since 2019..

It's really nice, I'd certainly recomend, you get the sun, Apes that pinch all your food..... It's like being at home with a Spanish twist AND THE SUN :Thumbs up:

Tinks has an Apes already that does that. ?

This is obviously a fast moving situation.The Spanish Govt.announced yesterday that all Brits (and most other nationalities) who've been fully vaccinated will be welcome into the country from Monday.Surely HMG present quaratine restrictions on people travelling from Spain can't realistically last much longer?

Last edited:
We are steaming ahead with the second Vaccinations and know from the research that you do need both the vaccinations for maximum protection.
I have to say that we have come across people who have contacted COVID after having their second dose but, the severity of the virus on the person as not been so severe and has not required admission into hospital. Obviously, i can only speak from the area I work in locally.

I think it would be great if the uptake was also high from the younger groups and i know the government are in the process of doing some more PR to push this

My daughter's other half has been trying to get his vaccinations for some time. He was told he is entitled to it earlier than you'd expect as she is vulnerable and they co-habit, however, his doctors' surgery (Kent Elms) refuse to allow him to do so and he can't book on the NHS app.

If there are no shows, then open it up to younger ones (25+) so those who want to can do so. Surely if people don't get the vaccination, this will continue to cause problems for years to come?

My daughter's other half has been trying to get his vaccinations for some time. He was told he is entitled to it earlier than you'd expect as she is vulnerable and they co-habit, however, his doctors' surgery (Kent Elms) refuse to allow him to do so and he can't book on the NHS app.

If there are no shows, then open it up to younger ones (25+) so those who want to can do so. Surely if people don't get the vaccination, this will continue to cause problems for years to come?
That is such a shame and from listening to people some surgeries seem to be doing their own “thing” when deciding

I do know some surgeries are struggling with the younger people as the guidelines suggest they should have the Pfizer or the Moderna but the bulk of the vaccines being sent are the AZ

My view is now we have vaccinated the older people and most vulnerable just open it up to anyone over 18 who would like it or want it.

That is such a shame and from listening to people some surgeries seem to be doing their own “thing” when deciding

I do know some surgeries are struggling with the younger people as the guidelines suggest they should have the Pfizer or the Moderna but the bulk of the vaccines being sent are the AZ

My view is now we have vaccinated the older people and most vulnerable just open it up to anyone over 18 who would like it or want it.

I tend to agree with this, lets just have one last push and get everyone done who want it.

Aren't they doing this in places where the Indian variant is spreading? You see long queues on the TV, people want the jab.

It would make more sense, younger people are more likely to mingle now in pubs eg unlike us older gits.

I tend to agree with this, lets just have one last push and get everyone done who want it.

Aren't they doing this in places where the Indian variant is spreading? You see long queues on the TV, people want the jab.

It would make more sense, younger people are more likely to mingle now in pubs eg unlike us older gits.

Germany has just taken the backward step ,IMO,of banning all foreign citizens (apart from those with residence cards or German nationals into German territory from Monday.That won't affect (I hope) our next door neighbour's daughter (resident in Berlin) ,who's getting married here in June.

Keep your eye on local facebook groups. Our one in Wickford is regularly sending out messages saying if you want a vaccine go to X place (recently been George Hurd centre in Basildon) where they're doing walk-in vaccines for any age. They're often for the same day and sometimes only for the next hour or two.

Getting a jab is proving problematic so maybe someone could help.

Been trying to book up a jab somewhere closer than Rayleigh since sat but eventually gave up at thought I may as well just get it done. So decide on a time and date and the go to book a 2nd jab ... which isn't possible unless I want to go to Kent; as it won't let me book one at the rayleigh place. Absolute mental.

Getting a jab is proving problematic so maybe someone could help.

Been trying to book up a jab somewhere closer than Rayleigh since sat but eventually gave up at thought I may as well just get it done. So decide on a time and date and the go to book a 2nd jab ... which isn't possible unless I want to go to Kent; as it won't let me book one at the rayleigh place. Absolute mental.

Kent, that's crazy. Have you tried ringing up the medical centre in Leigh? I think Tink said she's jabing at that location.

I think Tinks would be better to answer this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back