• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching the Daily Politics on BBC2 at lunchtime and mid-Feb was what they were saying as HMG's current policy .Mind you that is subject to almost daily change atm. :Smile:

They need to get the Army involved to vaccinate. One in eight soldiers are qualified medics to NVQ level, it's a no brainer.

Chemists have been given the green light as from next week and mass vaccination sites will be set up at big venues and football grounds. It's a big task but do-able.

It's only the first shot though which makes sense to me, give everyone some sort of protection straight away and quickly as possible.

Not entirely convinced about the evidence for just one shot of the vaccine oor delaying the second dose for more than 21 days though.

Not entirely convinced about the evidence for just one shot of the vaccine oor delaying the second dose for more than 21 days though.

I think it's a case of giving some protection. This new strain has forced there hand to get the first needle in the arm as soon as possible, I sort of get it. If it works or not, we'll have to wait and see.

They need to get the Army involved to vaccinate. One in eight soldiers are qualified medics to NVQ level, it's a no brainer.

Military! The RAF and Navy also have some very well qualified medics and Plenty who have been battlefield medics and can administer injections. They’ve been busy helping with the testing and I know a lot of RAF individuals from my old unit have been on secondments as paramedics.

Military! The RAF and Navy also have some very well qualified medics and Plenty who have been battlefield medics and can administer injections. They’ve been busy helping with the testing and I know a lot of RAF individuals from my old unit have been on secondments as paramedics.
Military medical qualifications aren’t recognised by the NHS. I think Massimo explained this earlier.

Agreed. The medical training the forces get is first class, it has to be. I'm a medic at NVQ level, I can give someone a jab, no problem. I bet the Military Chiefs are chomping at the bit (Army term) to help out.

You don't really need the military, although there's no denying that (to a certain extent) the more the merrier. There's plenty of people that are trained to give injections. Even if they're not, my understanding (from speaking to some medical people) is that it's not too difficult to learn.

You don't really need the military, although there's no denying that (to a certain extent) the more the merrier. There's plenty of people that are trained to give injections. Even if they're not, my understanding (from speaking to some medical people) is that it's not too difficult to learn.

Learning and actually giving with confidence is the difference. Most of the Military medical personnel are ex NHS anyway. The best hospital treatment I've ever had in my life was in Woolwhich (Military hospital).

Sorry, I was going off track a bit, we're talking about the troops, they can do it and get the job done with confidece.

The organisation involved with this roll out is so far complex that it appears.
Unfortunately, it is not a case of just rolling up your sleeve and then having the injection - giving the injection is the easiest part.
It’s the logging of the vaccine , the pre-medical checks, the observations and the medical inPut and knowledge known to nurses and doctors when asking questions. For the care homes we have to complete a 14 page documentation and the Pfizer vaccine is quite sensitive and needs to be hand,Ed very carefully.
I had to undertake 4 training modules just to be part of the vaccinating teams and all of the staff where I work have all agreed to work extra hours and put in extra to get this done for our patients.
We just can’t get the vaccine quick enough

Unfortunately, it is not a case of just rolling up your sleeve and then having the injection - giving the injection is the easiest part.
It’s the logging of the vaccine , the pre-medical checks, the observations and the medical inPut and knowledge known to nurses and doctors when asking questions. For the care homes we have to complete a 14 page documentation and the Pfizer vaccine is quite sensitive and needs to be hand,Ed very carefully.
I had to undertake 4 training modules just to be part of the vaccinating teams and all of the staff where I work have all agreed to work extra hours and put in extra to get this done for our patients.

Thanks for all your input.

The Oxford jab must be a lot easier right?

I get, care homes have to have a different process, still hard work though.

Thanks for all your input.

The Oxford jab must be a lot easier right?

I get, care homes have to have a different process, still hard work though.

All of us vaccinating are praying we get the Oxford more as it is so much easier to give
Your right it is hard work and feeling shattered again but the sooner we can give and protect people the sooner we can all hopefully get back to some normality

All of us vaccinating are praying we get the Oxford more as it is so much easier to give
Your right it is hard work and feeling shattered again but the sooner we can give and protect people the sooner we can all hopefully get back to some normality

I pray you get it soon too. Keep up the good work.

Learning and actually giving with confidence is the difference. Most of the Military medical personnel are ex NHS anyway. The best hospital treatment I've ever had in my life was in Woolwhich (Military hospital).

Sorry, I was going off track a bit, we're talking about the troops, they can do it and get the job done with confidece.

So can a multitude of other people. As I said, they're one solution, but there are others that are equally as valid. That said, whoever it is, they need to get on with it!

You’re not wrong there Tinks. Transporting the porters are a logistical nightmare. It’s not just the temperature concerns, but the fragility of them is beyond belief.

Can we just get the vaccine done and worry about paperwork and stuff afterwards!
Numbers are worrying, red tape absolute bollocks! It's not like we're in a pandemic or anything!
Someone dying on the battlefield wouldn't care if you were trained by the NHS !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back