• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a case of giving some protection. This new strain has forced there hand to get the first needle in the arm as soon as possible, I sort of get it. If it works or not, we'll have to wait and see.

Indeed - I posted this on a different thread at begninning of Dec. It shows the impact of the Pfzier vaccinne starts around day 10-14 after the first jab. I guess what we don't know is what happens if you don;t get the second jab 21 days later

1609963205152.png

Indeed - I posted this on a different thread at begninning of Dec. It shows the impact of the Pfzier vaccinne starts around day 10-14 after the first jab. I guess what we don't know is what happens if you don;t get the second jab 21 days later

View attachment 13903
Interestingly the advice now coming out is that the second vaccine should be given at the GP discretion on whether to give 3 weeks after first or longer.
Speaking among my colleagues most are in favour in giving 3 weeks after first.

Interestingly the advice now coming out is that the second vaccine should be given at the GP discretion on whether to give 3 weeks after first or longer.
Speaking among my colleagues most are in favour in giving 3 weeks after first.
I cannot see how a GP could make any decision other than give the 2nd jab after 3 weeks given that is the WHO and manufacturers recommendation

But surely they can be allowed to administer an injection. They jabbed the **** out of me and 1000’s of others during basic training.
No one is denying that. I gave my wife injections after her c-section and that took 5 mins of training. It's not hard and a military medic will be more than capable of administering the vaccination.

Tinks has outlined the practical considerations, but ultimately it comes down to liability, if the NHS don't recognise military qualifications then what happens in the very rare chance of there being an issue, is that the fault of the NHS or the military?

Vets would be good at providing these injections as well, as this is part of their day job, but they can't for the same reason.

I think it's a case of giving some protection. This new strain has forced there hand to get the first needle in the arm as soon as possible, I sort of get it. If it works or not, we'll have to wait and see.

I get this but I'm still not sure about the efficacy of just the one one dose.The WHO doesn't want to commit itself any further than the 21-28 days gap between doses that Pfizer has already trialled .As far as I'm aware, there's no information whatsoever (yet) as regards the effects of just one dose of the Oxford-Zenca vacccine either.Nor on the Moderna vaccine which has just been approved for use in the EU today.

No one is denying that. I gave my wife injections after her c-section and that took 5 mins of training. It's not hard and a military medic will be more than capable of administering the vaccination.

Tinks has outlined the practical considerations, but ultimately it comes down to liability, if the NHS don't recognise military qualifications then what happens in the very rare chance of there being an issue, is that the fault of the NHS or the military?

Vets would be good at providing these injections as well, as this is part of their day job, but they can't for the same reason.
I take it the same for dentists?
Ones that used to be NHS?

Unfortunately the NHS is taking a kicking because of the misinformation and lies that have been allowed to rip through social media over the last few days, especially.

From fake pictures, to first hand anecdotes of the big empty hospitals... in some people’s minds it is conclusive proof that the NHS are lying about how much strain they’re under.

They didn't help themselves with those TikTok videos in empty wards during the first lockdown. We have basically been asked to stay at home for most of the last 11 months in order to protect the NHS, which got £145bn of funding last year and is the fifth largest employer in the world, so I think it's fair for people to question whether it's fit for purpose.

I'm not denying hospitals are busy, but they are busy every winter and we always hear scare stories about the NHS being "overwhelmed". They had all summer to prepare for this and to catch up on some of the huge backlog of cancelled treatments etc., but you still can't even get a face to face doctors appointment.

Anyway, you can all go back to clapping religiously for it every Thursday now.

I take it the same for dentists?
Ones that used to be NHS?
Dentists are able to do this, but are having to jump through hoops to get set up as providers. My understanding is that it isn't a lack of manpower which is the bottleneck, but I'd like us to be doing everything possible to accelerate vaccinations.

They didn't help themselves with those TikTok videos in empty wards during the first lockdown. We have basically been asked to stay at home for most of the last 11 months in order to protect the NHS, which got £145bn of funding last year and is the fifth largest employer in the world, so I think it's fair for people to question whether it's fit for purpose.

Of course you can ask whether it’s fit for purpose. All I’d ask is what alternative do you suggest?

I think we can all agree that while the NHS has its faults, thank **** we’re not like America, or some third world countries.

It’s amazing how much we take the NHS for granted, where other parts of the world look at our health system with envy.

I'm not denying hospitals are busy, but they are busy every winter and we always hear scare stories about the NHS being "overwhelmed". They had all summer to prepare for this and to catch up on some of the huge backlog of cancelled treatments etc., but you still can't even get a face to face doctors appointment.

“Prepare” for this? They tried to. Those at the top, constantly tried warning us that a second wave would likely occur, and that not only would it be much worse, but they didn’t have the infrastructure to cope with it. Those people were derided by many and looked upon as doom mongerers, and lockdown merchants..., even to the point that some quarters of society were calling for their resignations ?

How much additional funds were pumped into the NHS budget, to aid the preparations?

How much red tape was removed, to allow additional staff onto the workforce?

The NHS is woefully short on staff at the best of times, and I know that Basildon & Southend are suffering as a result of lack of staff.

Anyway, you can all go back to clapping religiously for it every Thursday now.

You seem more bothered about these meaningless gestures, than the fact that we’ve been woefully let down and lead by incompetence, throughout this pandemic. It’s been the blind leading the blind from the very start.

But sure, really it’s the fault of nurses dancing in Tik Tok videos.

If it's a hoax or conspiracy I fail to see who's benefitting from it. I've had patients in who work at queens in romford and tell me it's unbelievably busy. Some wards are quiet because the staff have been re tasked to other wards to help out and all non essential treatment cancelled.

I think the biggest problem is the actual manufacturing and distribution of so many vaccines..

I was speaking to a nurse who works at the Wellesley this morning and although I am aware they share a lot of staff with Southend they have heard nothing at all about doing any vaccinations yet but have cancelled all operations. They have their beds on standby for any overspill from Southend but apart from that are not doing anything.. That seems odd to me unless it is because of lack of vaccines.

Last edited:
Reactions: GBJ
If it's a hoax or conspiracy I fail to see who's benefitting from it. I've had patients in who work at queens in romford and tell me it's unbelievably busy. Some wards are quiet because the staff have been re tasked to other wards to help out and all non essential treatment cancelled.

Anyone that has shares in any of the companies that are involved in supplying a vaccine

I think the biggest problem is the actual manufacturing and distribution of so many vaccines..

I was speaking to a nurse who works at the Wellesley this morning and although I am aware they share a lot of staff with Southend they have heard nothing at all about doing any vaccinations yet but have cancelled all operations. They have their beds on standby for any overspill from Southend but apart from that are not doing anything.. That seems odd to me unless it is because of lack of vaccines.

A few places I know of are shutting down their “regular” service, and will become vaccination hubs, where for the next six-months they will focus solely on the vaccinations.

I *think* I’m right in saying this is Government protocol, but happy to be corrected.

I couldn’t say if Wellesley are one of those though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back