• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so another new variant discovered, it won't be long before one is discovered that isnt covered by the vaccine and we're back to square one again.

Time to start dscussing a way out of this without a vaccine in case this happens or are they thinking that lockdowns are the future for ever and a day?

We don't have to implement anything yet but the discussions need to be had

More children under 10 have been murdered indoors by their own parents, step father/guardian than of Covid in 2020. That includes that wonderful term "covid related"

More young "promising footballers" have been stabbed to death than have died of Covid in 2020. Turns out playing football and all it involves, contact on the pitch changing rooms and transport is much safer than walking through certain areas of London.

Those that allow that situation are the ones that should already hold their head in shame. Not the people who question our government and the MSM.

Anybody who is not going to rush out and be vaccinated at the first opportunity will do so because they have made an informed decision not because of what rigsby has said on Shrimperzone.

To suggest that they would, always comes from the same condescending we now best group on here. The ones go out of their way to insult or belittle those that don't agree and demand their posts are removed.

So to those who you who speak to me by other means. It is also your forum and many of you are well ahead when it comes to being a fan rather the part timers who bully you off these sort of threads.

To those that still come on here, then now is the time to say your piece and not suffer in silence.

Vastly more elderly people or those with underlying health issues have died from Covid than have met violent deaths.

The reason the country has been shut down is to protect these people and prevent them overwhelming the NHS.

There are better forums than this to discuss conspiracy theories.

And so another new variant discovered, it won't be long before one is discovered that isnt covered by the vaccine and we're back to square one again.

Time to start dscussing a way out of this without a vaccine in case this happens or are they thinking that lockdowns are the future for ever and a day?

We don't have to implement anything yet but the discussions need to be had

Maybe it will get similar to the flu - we have a vaccine for that, but there are many diffferent variations and it hasn;t been possible to reduce deaths to zero. For Covid, even without the current mutations, the vaccine wouldn't have prevented every death or illness. I guess it's about reducing risk rather than eliminating.

Well, there are around 500 people with Covid in Basildon and Southend hospitals combined - not much difference between the two, considering Basildon is supposed to be the Covid dedicated hospital. I've been told that the Brentwood hospital has also now been commissioned exclusively for Covid patients.

Still there are no plans to give front line staff the vaccination until January.

I assume that the current trading restrictions apply to the dodgy firework traders by The Blinking Owl and Swallows? Not that I'm interested but hopefully keep NYE more peaceful.

Drove past the Swallows branch today and the **** is open. Add that to someone in the area letting the things off at 5.30pm the last three evenings!@

Drove past the Swallows branch today and the **** is open. Add that to someone in the area letting the things off at 5.30pm the last three evenings!@
For the majority of the year, it is illegal to set off or throw fireworks (including sparklers) between 11pm and 7am. If you want to set them off in a public place for events, such as for a wedding or a street party, you will need to obtain permission from the local authority.

Police can issue on the spot fines of £90 for anyone using fireworks illegally. You could also be fined up to £5,000 and imprisoned for up to six months for selling or using fireworks illegally.

For the majority of the year, it is illegal to set off or throw fireworks (including sparklers) between 11pm and 7am. If you want to set them off in a public place for events, such as for a wedding or a street party, you will need to obtain permission from the local authority.

Police can issue on the spot fines of £90 for anyone using fireworks illegally. You could also be fined up to £5,000 and imprisoned for up to six months for selling or using fireworks illegally.

Sadly our under resourced police force wouldn't be interested in such trivial matters mate!

Try ignore it with another beer in my new virtual pub quiz glass....cheers!

Well, there are around 500 people with Covid in Basildon and Southend hospitals combined - not much difference between the two, considering Basildon is supposed to be the Covid dedicated hospital. I've been told that the Brentwood hospital has also now been commissioned exclusively for Covid patients.

My Flat backs onto the A13 in Leigh. Last couple of days, there has been a consistent stream of Ambulances flying past, sirens blaring towards Southend Hosp throughout the day & evening.
Question for 'Tinks' or anyone else who works at Southend Hosp, are most of these Covid patients?.

Sadly our under resourced police force wouldn't be interested in such trivial matters mate!

Try ignore it with another beer in my new virtual pub quiz glass....cheers!
I was only quoting you the regs. We have had the idiots letting stuff off before and over Xmas. For what it's worth up till 11pm it's seems its open season for fireworks

My Flat backs onto the A13 in Leigh. Last couple of days, there has been a consistent stream of Ambulances flying past, sirens blaring towards Southend Hosp throughout the day & evening.
Question for 'Tinks' or anyone else who works at Southend Hosp, are most of these Covid patients?.

From talking with colleagues both in the community and within Southend/Basildon Hospital it would seem there is a mixture of reasons for admissions.
There has been a slight increase in notable people coming in with respiratory problems.
What is being seen is some people are being admitted for other conditions and testing positive for COVID on admission and then hence being treated for COVID.

As you may recall, hubby is currently working on the ambulances. There are constant queues of ambulances with Covid cases, but, as Tinks says, there are also many with respiratory issues. There are also many elderly folk falling and requiring hospital treatment, as happens all the time - it's mostly these type of admissions that hubby is dealing with, particularly as some doctors' surgeries seem to be washing their hands of doing anything practical with them, it's a case of telling them just to phone an ambulance.

Seems NHS Hospitals are at breaking point according to the News with hospital admissions now exceeding highest levels in March

Why then is the Nightingale facility still closed? Makes no sense.

Seems likely that it will get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Seems NHS Hospitals are at breaking point according to the News with hospital admissions now exceeding highest levels in March

Why then is the Nightingale facility still closed? Makes no sense.

Seems likely that it will get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
Shortage of staff, regular hospitals are short staffed and certainly they don't have excess for Nightingales.
NHS has offered incentives to try to get recently, still qualified, retired staff back until the spring but this has not been a success.

Shortage of staff, regular hospitals are short staffed and certainly they don't have excess for Nightingales.
NHS has offered incentives to try to get recently, still qualified, retired staff back until the spring but this has not been a success.
I really don't understand why they've not called on the armed forces medics to assist. Surely there are personnel there who could be used in Nightingales.

I really don't understand why they've not called on the armed forces medics to assist. Surely there are personnel there who could be used in Nightingales.
Armed forces medics are not, generally, "qualified " in that their training is not recognised by civilian organisations. That is true be it medics or mechanics.
The main qualification that is, is for pilots, aircraft and marine.
The services are torn between Upping their training at a cost and then losing trained personnel or not doing so and losing personnel as they, the individual, see little future in being unable to gain access to a later civilian career path.
This is the exact reason my daughter left RAF medics and became civilian student for 3 years to be, now, a nurse.
Incidentally when, after she stated her reasons for not signing on for a further term the RAF did offer to help her get proper, civilian nursing degree, over 5 years while being a medic but too late.

I was only quoting you the regs. We have had the idiots letting stuff off before and over Xmas. For what it's worth up till 11pm it's seems its open season for fireworks

I'm now starting three days of rain and storms of biblical proportions dances from sunset on Thursday to sunrise on Friday.

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
I see this morning they’re drafting in the military to help with testing in secondary schools. Hopefully that’ll help things go slightly more smoothly but we’re in for a tough Jan I think.

Regards the Nightingales, the Govt must’ve known there were no staff to work in them. Without getting political it’s a bit of a shambles innit?

Last edited:
I see this morning they’re drafting in the military to help with testing in secondary schools. Hopefully that’ll help things go slightly more smoothly but we’re in for a tough Jan I think.

Regards the Nightingales, the Govt must’ve known there were no staff to work in them. Without getting political it’s a bit of a shambles innit?
PR stunt, basically. Since day one NHS trusts said it was pointless as no trust would give up staff to go and work there. The retired staff recall programme was a disaster as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back