• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying these updates of people out of their homes surprised that other people are also out of their homes.

Because obviously your reasons are valid and they shouldn't be doing it.

(Neither of you should be)

I know you're aiming that at me, never miss a chance, do you? Actually we walked from where we parked a way from their house, which is actually allowed, same as the people on the seafront - we just happened to be dropping something off on the way. But, hey, you carry on being sanctimonious and judgmental.

We need to lock the whole lot down, this is getting out of control.

20 countries now have stopped UK travel,

We need to lock the whole lot down, this is getting out of control.

20 countries now have stopped UK travel,

A real shame too as we started to pick up at work and we’re getting some decent flight and passenger numbers. When they were announced the flights cancellations came through very quickly. I’m seriously concerned for my job again!

Everyone wanting 2020 over and get 2021 started thinking it’s going to be much better, I really don’t think it is. Certainly not the first quarter anyway! Fingers crossed the vaccine gets rolled out as quickly as possible.

A real shame too as we started to pick up at work and we’re getting some decent flight and passenger numbers. When they were announced the flights cancellations came through very quickly. I’m seriously concerned for my job again!

Everyone wanting 2020 over and get 2021 started thinking it’s going to be much better, I really don’t think it is. Certainly not the first quarter anyway! Fingers crossed the vaccine gets rolled out as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry to hear about your job worries. I'm gutted for Southend airport, it was really becoming a great airport.

I agree, this ******* isn't going to go away anytime soon, if ever.

Got an email from my eldest son's school saying he has to isolate for 10 days because one of the girls in his year has returned a positive test. He actually sits next to her in one of his lessons. The self isolation is for 10 days, but is backdated to the 16th so he only has to isolate until the 26th.

We were supposed to have my mother in law over on Christmas day, but we're going to postpone to the day after (which might mean I can't watch the Southend game).

@Pubey : Can you clear something up for me as my wife and I don't agree. If we get my son tested (say, today - 5 days after his contact) and it comes back negative, does that mean he won't have to isolate and my mother in law can come over on the 25th? So far he's shown 0 symptoms.

Got an email from my eldest son's school saying he has to isolate for 10 days because one of the girls in his year has returned a positive test. He actually sits next to her in one of his lessons. The self isolation is for 10 days, but is backdated to the 16th so he only has to isolate until the 26th.

We were supposed to have my mother in law over on Christmas day, but we're going to postpone to the day after (which might mean I can't watch the Southend game).

@Pubey : Can you clear something up for me as my wife and I don't agree. If we get my son tested (say, today - 5 days after his contact) and it comes back negative, does that mean he won't have to isolate and my mother in law can come over on the 25th? So far he's shown 0 symptoms.
No unfortunately my understanding is that because your son is deemed to have had close contact to the girl in his class then he has to complete the 10 days even if he tests negative. However you should check because it’s a **** situation for you all.

I'm sorry to hear about your job worries. I'm gutted for Southend airport, it was really becoming a great airport.

I agree, this ******* isn't going to go away anytime soon, if ever.

Southend airport are struggling but I think they’ll be fine because of the cargo element. That Amazon contract will help them.

I don’t work at Southend I work at London City and we are passenger only.

No unfortunately my understanding is that because your son is deemed to have had close contact to the girl in his class then he has to complete the 10 days even if he tests negative. However you should check because it’s a **** situation for you all.

Thanks. We'll get him tested...and tell my MiL to come after the football!

So the uk border is now shut, I wonder what that'll mean for the supply chain. Cue mass panic at the supermarkets, especially when people cant get their brussel sprouts!

Shut for the passengers of some EU countries I understand (including France,Italy ,Begium and Holland not Spain from last night's Spanish news.

Edit.This is a fast moving situation & MSM may not have the latest updates.

Last edited:
This new variant of the virus has been first detected in the UK, or likely, more accurately, first dissemination of the new strain and it's contagion strength.
Would, for example, China have shared info?
Have other countries been looking for mutations to the same degree?
Have other countries already got "it" but don't know it?

There is an old saying that in a crisis you find out who you friends really are......................

I know you're aiming that at me, never miss a chance, do you? Actually we walked from where we parked a way from their house, which is actually allowed, same as the people on the seafront - we just happened to be dropping something off on the way. But, hey, you carry on being sanctimonious and judgmental.
It's a valid point though. This virus doesn't just spread through 'naughty people' who are completely ignoring the rules. It also spreads through people thinking they're doing infrequent and exceptional contacts/trips which are safe, but the fact is that lots of people/probably all of us are doing these trips, and it adds up in terms of transmission and the effects of that. I'm not innocent, I've been taking my son to grassroots football and nipping to shops and seeing the inlaws on their driveway. Yesterday we bought a puppy and that involved 10 mins in someone's house (everyone in masks) which wasn't ideal, but we made that decision.

The photos of everyone at Euston on Saturday night will have been lots of people caught out by the tier 4 announcement and understandably wanting to get home (and maybe a few MPs escaping back to their constituencies). Each person will have had their own 'valid story' but the lesson of this pandemic is that it's about collective effort and behaviour and there are a lot of people are 'blaming others' but not necessarily looking at their own actions, which aren't very different.

Enjoying these updates of people out of their homes surprised that other people are also out of their homes.
Because obviously your reasons are valid and they shouldn't be doing it.
(Neither of you should be)

Excuse me, dont comment on situations you know nothing about?.
FYI my partner & me are Carers for her 93 yr old mother, who has been housebound for the last 8 years.
We get her weekly shopping & take it to her home in Stanford Le Hope, & do her housework as well. Maybe we should just shrug our shoulders, & let her starve??.

Excuse me, dont comment on situations you know nothing about?.
FYI my partner & me are Carers for her 93 yr old mother, who has been housebound for the last 8 years.
We get her weekly shopping & take it to her home in Stanford Le Hope, & do her housework as well. Maybe we should just shrug our shoulders, & let her starve??.
That's not the point he was making and you know it, stop spinning this into something it's not.

If you're moaning about people 'out and about' while you're out, then maybe consider why you're out and wonder if they might be in a similar situation to you?

That's not the point he was making and you know it, stop spinning this into something it's not.

If you're moaning about people 'out and about' while you're out, then maybe consider why you're out and wonder if they might be in a similar situation to you?
Think moaning isn’t necessarily what most people are doing, more commenting .. I commented on how busy Iceland was yesterday, more to let others know to avoid it and take care .. like RHB did with Tesco today. Food shopping is all I’m going out for and daily walks. Do I blame others for enjoying the fresh air? No, but I do wish they’d keep their distance. Some are flouting rules blatantly and that’s a shame. Can’t blame people for being annoyed at that if they’ve stuck to them.

Yeah but there is being out for exercise or to do your essential shopping and there is being out and having complete disregard to the rules.

Maybe they are in a similar situation, but people are feeling so low at the moment. Nothing wrong with letting them get something off their chest and vent. How about just let them vent without the sarcastic and condescending comments from people?

Start of 2020 Caroline Flack took her own life and the #bekind movement began, then Coronavirus changed our lives and that was soon forgotten.

Holland, Denmark and Italy state they had already detected new strain of virus.

Kept that quiet didn't they?

Will France close it's borders to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back