• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell the Government are worried about this new strain. They obviously don't know enough about it. 500+ people are dying a day from this virus still. It's not going away anytime soon.

This comes into effect tomorrow which is a first, normally they give people a few days, that says it all. PLEASE PEOPLE, JUST WEAR A MASK AND THINK OF OTHERS.

Thanks @Pubey

That's how I hope it will pan out. By ensuring the majority of the vulnerable are protected the rest of society can get on with somehow paying for it all.

Paying for it will take a while, of course, but don’t forget that we’re still nowhere near the debt that we accrued from bailing out the banks back in 08/09.

That cost us around £500bn. So far this pandemic has cost us half of that.

Paying for it will take a while, of course, but don’t forget that we’re still nowhere near the debt that we accrued from bailing out the banks back in 08/09.

That cost us around £500bn. So far this pandemic has cost us half of that.

Last time around it was the British taxpayer who bailed out the banks.Same again chaps?

You can tell the Government are worried about this new strain. They obviously don't know enough about it. 500+ people are dying a day from this virus still. It's not going away anytime soon.

This comes into effect tomorrow which is a first, normally they give people a few days, that says it all. PLEASE PEOPLE, JUST WEAR A MASK AND THINK OF OTHERS.
It’s not just not wearing a mask, it’s mixing indoors, not distancing and making unnecessary journeys. Even mixing outdoors, you’re meant to keep 2m apart and on the seafront today I saw NO evidence of this. Not sure what it’ll take for some people?

It’s not just not wearing a mask, it’s mixing indoors, not distancing and making unnecessary journeys. Even mixing outdoors, you’re meant to keep 2m apart and on the seafront today I saw NO evidence of this. Not sure what it’ll take for some people?

I believe this is a bigger problem. A lot of people wearing masks seem to think that it negates the need to adhere to the other measures in place which are more effective than mask wearing.

I believe this is a bigger problem. A lot of people wearing masks seem to think that it negates the need to adhere to the other measures in place which are more effective than mask wearing.
Over 25,000 people are still catching this everyday and masks have been mandatory in supermarkets, shops etc. for months. My personal opinion is these masks barely do anything to prevent catching this virus or passing it on, but I'm still going to wear one just in case it does as it's not that difficult to put a mask on. People (mainly celebrities) use this mask wearing as some sort of new virtue signalling and you're the devil if you don't wear one.

This new Tier 4 is pretty crushing. Was just going to be 4 of us round my sisters for Christmas day but that's now cancelled.

If Southend hospital ICU is full then there's more important things in life at the moment and I'll get over it, but still disappointing atm.

The MSM are not going to interview Dr Mike Yeadon former CSO of Pfizer.

Nor will they show you the clip from Canada, where the chief medical adviser and another doctor don't realise they have a 'hot mike' situation and are being recorded. Basically they are confirming with each other they don't even read the data just say what they are told to say.

You can laugh at people who trust in God yet so many of you trust in Gates.
And you trust in conspiracies, which sets off the idiots

Dont recall Boris mentioning about going out for a walk/run etc to keep fit is still ok?.
Yeah it’s still ok as below
~ spending time or exercising outdoors. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your Tier 4 area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)

Yeah it’s still ok as below
~ spending time or exercising outdoors. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your Tier 4 area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)
My understanding is that a daily exercise, alone or meeting up with the 1 person out of doors is permitted.

So is dogging still allowed or not?

I haven't looked on the Government website but I'm guessing tier 4 is more like we had in April eg.

The Government must be worried about this new strain to introduce it from tomorrow.

It will hopefully be under control in the same way the flu is under control but that still kills around 10k vulnerable people evey year.

Why weren't we all wearing a mask before Covid to protect those people?

Maybe we should've been. Interesting how these restrictions seemed to have reduced the spread of flu as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back