• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can already see it... the front page of Thursday’s papers will be emblazoned with half dressed youngsters revelling in their final night before lockdown.

That train is never late.

Yep, it's just so predictable.

On a lighter note, you watching the boxing tonight mate? Del boy to add the 2020 madness would be a laugh wouldnt it

Yep, it's just so predictable.

On a lighter note, you watching the boxing tonight mate? Del boy to add the 2020 madness would be a laugh wouldnt it

Oh I meant to post in the boxing forum earlier tbh, but I’ve been fairly busy today, so completely forgot about it.

I won’t clog this thread up taking about it, so I’ll pop over there now

Its not all bad news, Covid has cured the flu. Hardly any seasonal cases so far.

(Assuming you're not just being ironic),it's a little early to make this claim since most people have only started to have their flu jabs in October and flu oubreaks (even in the UK) would start to have major effects from November ie later this month..Additionally there is the factor of people wearing masks ( perhaps mostly outside the UK) which will undoubtedly reduce the number of flu cases this year.

I went out for a meal last night and the owner of the restaurant looked like a broken person because of the latest lockdown.

Apparently we're still open at work.

Looking at the list it would appear that most is still open with the biggest hit being leisure and tourism hit the hardest. How do you define what is essential? As what is essential to one person is not an essential to another and I don’t really see this as a lockdown.

This is going to be a long bleak winter for some and my heart goes out to those that have families/mortgages/rents and other things to pay

(Assuming you're not just being ironic),it's a little early to make this claim since most people have only started to have their flu jabs in October and flu oubreaks (even in the UK) would start to have major effects from November ie later this month..Additionally there is the factor of people wearing masks ( perhaps mostly outside the UK) which will undoubtedly reduce the number of flu cases this year.

Nope in 2020 deaths have gone up slightly here in GB but stats show not in respiratory illness. the main increase is the 45 to 65 aged group with cancer, heart etc. Which is not helped by a reduced access to hospitals, with cancellations and delays.

If you go to hospital your are tested for covid if its positive and you die within in 28 days, which happens quite a lot in hospitals.....Then you died of covid related illness....No matter what you came in with.

"If you go to hospital your are tested for covid if its positive and you die within in 28 days, which happens quite a lot in hospitals.....Then you died of covid related illness....No matter what you came in with. "

That's my understanding too, as it's a notifiable disease.

"If you go to hospital your are tested for covid if its positive and you die within in 28 days, which happens quite a lot in hospitals.....Then you died of covid related illness....No matter what you came in with. "

That's my understanding too, as it's a notifiable disease.
That is absolutely correct along if you RIP in the community or a care home

Looking at the list it would appear that most is still open with the biggest hit being leisure and tourism hit the hardest. How do you define what is essential? As what is essential to one person is not an essential to another and I don’t really see this as a lockdown.

This is going to be a long bleak winter for some and my heart goes out to those that have families/mortgages/rents and other things to pay

Yes, it's all very vague on the government website what can remain open or not.

• all non-essential retail, including, but not limited to clothing and electronics stores, vehicle showrooms, travel agents, betting shops, auction houses, tailors, car washes, tobacco and vape shops.
It's the highlighted part which is unclear as you quite rightly pointed out, what is deemed essential.

A detailed list needs to be published but I doubt that will be published until after the vote in the house of us commoners on Wednesday.

Nope in 2020 deaths have gone up slightly here in GB but stats show not in respiratory illness. the main increase is the 45 to 65 aged group with cancer, heart etc. Which is not helped by a reduced access to hospitals, with cancellations and delays.

If you go to hospital your are tested for covid if its positive and you die within in 28 days, which happens quite a lot in hospitals.....Then you died of covid related illness....No matter what you came in with.

if I were you I'd take the flu a bit more seriously.I had a bad dose about 10 years ago now, when I was working at the UAB.It laid me low for over a week (only got up to do a couple of classes at Uni. and alsoa few high paying company ones).Had a few students asking me why I bothered to come in at all (as any freelance knows if you don't work you don't get paid). Ever since I've had an annual flu injection.Never bothered before.Reason I mention it at some length is that given the nature of the gig economy I think we can expect quite a few low paid workers (you know those people delivering stuff from supermarkets or Amazon) to work this winter even when they're not feeling well from flu or covid symptoms.

I read today that holidays abroad or in UK are banned for the next month come Thursday. But no mention of whether foreigners are still able to fly to UK, & wander free from airports without 2 weeks isolation?. Anyone know what the situation is regarding this?. Seems pointless we cant fly abroad, yet allow those from Europe or where-ever to come here & not having to isolate before having their holiday?.

I read today that holidays abroad or in UK are banned for the next month come Thursday. But no mention of whether foreigners are still able to fly to UK, & wander free from airports without 2 weeks isolation?. Anyone know what the situation is regarding this?. Seems pointless we cant fly abroad, yet allow those from Europe or where-ever to come here & not having to isolate before having their holiday?.

I think i read that anyone coming from a country on the 'safe' air corridor list won't have to isolate when they get here but will have to abide by the lockdown rules, anyone from other countries will have to isolate for 14 days as it is at the moment.

10's of millions of people have come through our borders since March while we have all been restricted on what we can do. Shut the ****ing borders and make the lockdown worthwhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back