• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Correct, Tom said the plan was to have the New training ground open, for the beginning of pre season training.
Might be plan but if by then situation regarding the club ownership isn't resolved I can't see how they can. Currently there isn't any actual facilities.

Incidentally the report is quite interesting. Changes are not just moving housing from RH to FF. The financials are changing as well - leases increasing to 55yrs for example. I really hope council can agree to the changes, but the more thats changing the more chance the council cannot agree

I am slightly concerned that there are changes to the length of the leases before Southend Council own the housing at FF. If they are being changed from was it 25 years to 55 years that it a significant change as the council will be paying probably in excess of £500,000 a year to rent them. Every year over the original agreed lease term is a large cost to the council. With this issue plus the details not yet fully agreed on the mix of housing to move from RH to where the stadium was going to be built at FF, we are some way off this all going ahead. I now understand why the council are doing their Those words are banned.

I am slightly concerned that there are changes to the length of the leases before Southend Council own the housing at FF. If they are being changed from was it 25 years to 55 years that it a significant change as the council will be paying probably in excess of £500,000 a year to rent them. Every year over the original agreed lease term is a large cost to the council. With this issue plus the details not yet fully agreed on the mix of housing to move from RH to where the stadium was going to be built at FF, we are some way off this all going ahead. I now understand why the council are doing their Those words are banned.
Agree, this isn't a simple change. Serious financial implications, and Govt, local authorities don't exactly have a great track record with pfi type deals

I heard that not only does the Rat want to move the properties from RH to FF but he also wants to add additional units (to the ghetto)

I heard that not only does the Rat want to move the properties from RH to FF but he also wants to add additional units (to the ghetto)
I would imagine he'll be asking for all sorts, especially at the start, ask for way more than you want/need and then compromise to what you want/need if you get pushback.

It comes as no surpise to me that he wants to change the plans to benefit him more. He has held all the cards for far to long and once again is holding all parties to ransom.

I feel we are in for a long ride here because of that ****.

Last edited:
I was just thinking a similar thing - why on earth did Ron start the training ground construction when it must've been obvious he wasn't in a position to start the housing. What a waste of money
Exactly. And to think people asked a question to the JR of how he can put the club on a more stable footing. Planning permission again and again and legal fees are expensive. For me though, Ron would spend £100k in a month rather than £50k tomorrow. Whether he had too many plates spinning I don’t know, but it has seemed for many years that he has the financial brain of either a small child or a spend thrift billionaire.

It comes as no surpise to me that he wants to change the plans to benefit him more. He has held all the cards for far to long and once again is holding all parties to ransom.

What happens if SCC and RM do not agree?

I worry on timescales as this could take many months, possibly a year plus of negotiation between the council and Ron if he is doing his usual brinkmanship of keep asking for more and more. With him still owning the club, how long will the consortium keep putting in money without owning the club?
Good & valid point. On a lot lesser scale 2 years ago i had to use a Solicitor for a scenario i was getting screwed on ( not literally! ).
He advised me to set an amount i was prepared to spend, & if not sorted by then ( it was ) to call it a day.
Obviously the consortium have a lot more capital than me, but there must be a limit they are prepared to spend, before walking away if the 'Rat' continues to 'change the goalposts'?.
And IF that happened, i dread to think of the implications him & his pack would face?.

Right! I've emailed all three of my local Councillors with the template, and even it it only brasses them off, I feel a bit better. So if you are in the Council's voting areas, then get sending the template, what have we got to lose?
Disappointingly I have only heard from one of my local councillors. The one that has responded has provided some further info for us, so it's not all bad, but I would have thought I would have at least been given an acknowledgement of my emails.

Has anyone else asked their councillors for an update?

But but but everyone told me I was a silly boy when I dared challenged the deal ? Remember folks only 6 weeks and another 6 weeks January turns to February 2024 turns to 2025

Good & valid point. On a lot lesser scale 2 years ago i had to use a Solicitor for a scenario i was getting screwed on ( not literally! ).
He advised me to set an amount i was prepared to spend, & if not sorted by then ( it was ) to call it a day.
Obviously the consortium have a lot more capital than me, but there must be a limit they are prepared to spend, before walking away if the 'Rat' continues to 'change the goalposts'?.
And IF that happened, i dread to think of the implications him & his pack would face?.
Yep there will be

You do understand that the council then rent the units to residents- so if the rent covers the lease cost (which presumably over a longer period is a reduced annual amount) then the council is net net not paying out anything, fixing a housing crisis, and ultimately owning significant social housing stock? What am I missing?

And by the way heads of terms were agreed so why would SBC have a problem with it now?

Look I understand a combination of the Martins and SCC brings immediately to mind a festival of incompetence but headline terms such as this are agreed?

It's a good question. I imagine it will cost a **** load of money to fix the training ground. The pitches themselves look dead and obviously the site needs water and electricity connecting, plus the portakabins as a minimum. That will be more eye watering sums for the Consortium when they currently own nothing.
Do you remember the hammering I got when I suggested there was no mains water or power

There has to be a point where someone calls his bluff, and says ‘take it or leave it’. He in theory holds all the cards, but if the council doesn’t give him planning permission he is bankrupt. It’s just whether he would be willing to take the club down with him out of spite.

Reactions: jnl
Back