• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
There has to be a point where someone calls his bluff, and says ‘take it or leave it’. He in theory holds all the cards, but if the council doesn’t give him planning permission he is bankrupt. It’s just whether he would be willing to take the club down with him out of spite.
He has taken it? Heads of Terms are agreed- i.e. Ron has agreed and the council has agreed? The issue is SCC completing Those words are banned, not anything to do with the terms of the deal?

anyone heard rumours that we will be a type of feeder club for rangers helping with some of their young players also setting up something similar with Charlton’s youngsters
Well we had Kanu on loan seemingly out of nowhere so the Charlton rumour might be true - some Rangers loanees might be nice

At the moment signings are sufficiently unlikely it seems that the transfer page has dropped off the first page of the feed. So I am guessing nothing expected any time soon.
That said we have a very decent squad even with one or two gaps.

At the moment signings are sufficiently unlikely it seems that the transfer page has dropped off the first page of the feed. So I am guessing nothing expected any time soon.
That said we have a very decent squad even with one or two gaps.
Not much point in making signings right now unless they are youngsters we expect to integrate slowly.

I see NLS side Torquay are going into administration. And I see Taunton have come to arrangements with HMRC, over an outstanding tax bill. Think someone has dug Deep.
Don’t think they will be the last to get into bother this season.
Add Rochdale to the list. Looking for for £2 million to survive beyond the end of March. They have an EGM arranged for 7th March. Apparently if funds are not forthcoming, then the Club could be Liquidated.

I might be reading too much into it. But she says that following meetings with the consortium her opinion is the process is taking too long - consortium need it done quicker? Problems if it goes past April?

Last edited:
Back