• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
I am confident. If the deal collapses it will be ruinous for Ron. Not only will the FF houses not get built (causing his creditors like CBRE to come for him and his money) but COSU will also go after him for all the money they've sunk into the club they weren't able to own.

Ron is in an unimaginable level of debt; so much so that even IF all the homes at FF were to be built, it might not be enough to get him into the black. He cannot let this deal collapse. He will lose everything.
There's not much, asset wise, in Ron's name anymore is there?

Sorry KB - really think you've gone too far with your derogatory remarks this time.

What you've said is highly insulting and unfair.

In fact, on reflection, you may see fit to withdraw some of what you've said.

I mean, how would you feel if you ran a fish and chip shop? :Whistling:
On reflection you are right- I should have said certain retail outlets- not least because I enjoy a nice fish and chip supper immensely. I humbly apologise to the many fish and chip shop owners who undoubtedly frequent our forum in vast numbers…

Broadly fine. The city is not bankrupt (Thurrock, Birmingham, Nottingham etc.) and they have found enough money to save our football club.
Well parking the political debate (which would be fun but not the place) they are not needing to find money for this transaction- it’s self funding and they end up owning substantial social housing stock. That said it’s understandable there needs to be Those words are banned to ensure there is no hidden exposure. What remains the case is the process is taking way, way to long. Which is AF’s point and she is their side of the fence.

Back