• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
This is my point. If we are as a fanbase/fan groups going to attempt to apply some pressure it needs to be done sharpish, or it will be even more futile.
Let’s get outside the council entrance on a Monday morning with flares and drums…should focus some minds.

Certainly frustrating. There has to be a limit to what the Consortium are prepared to finance without being the Legal Owners. Think we will all have to be patient and not go into meltdown after every poor result. The important thing is we still have a football club to support. That seemed unlikely back in August.

We also have a Consortium that care and will succeed.
I agree with all that, future looks bright. But we simply cannot get relegated to non league south......

Ron could sell the club today if he wanted, the council hold no control over the sale of Southend however Ron wants to use the club in his blackmail plot … don’t give me what I want then I walk away from the deal and the cities football club goes bust … this is still very much on Ron Martin
I thought we had exchanged contracts ,complete when council get their work done ?🤨🤨🤨🤨

I've now received two replies from one of my local Councillors. I've anonymized them with just the text visible now. Potentially good news!!

Thanks for this

I have forwarded this to our Group leader for his attention and am sure your comments will be noted;

Please be assured that everyone here is trying to get this matter concluded as soon as ever possible

Best wishes

Hello again

I have spoken to the leader of the Council and I understand that he had a meeting

with our new Chief Executive, Ron and Jack Martin and Justin Rees on Friday. They all

agreed to the due diligence process, which is being paid for by the Martins, and this is all happening very speedily

We are hoping for a resolution before May

Best wishes

I've now received two replies from one of my local Councillors. I've anonymized them with just the text visible now. Potentially good news!!

Thanks for this

I have forwarded this to our Group leader for his attention and am sure your comments will be noted;

Please be assured that everyone here is trying to get this matter concluded as soon as ever possible

Best wishes

Hello again

I have spoken to the leader of the Council and I understand that he had a meeting

with our new Chief Executive, Ron and Jack Martin and Justin Rees on Friday. They all

agreed to the due diligence process, which is being paid for by the Martins, and this is all happening very speedily

Best wishes
Good work @RHB but before May 😮

Thanks for this

Best wishes

Hello again

Best wishes
ho is our new ceo if not Tom ???

Slight concern in that I thought due diligence started after the cabinet vote in Nov(?). One of those email replies makes it sound like the due diligence process has just been agreed and started.

Thanks for this

Best wishes

Hello again

Best wishes
Nice work @RHB thanks for doing that :Clap: :LoyalSupporter:

As when the takeover was in process. Doing all the checks take It's no surprise the council doing due diligence takes so long But as our takeover was complet .So the council will pass all the checks After all only yesterday the government said of the urgency of social houses

Slight concern in that I thought due diligence started after the cabinet vote in Nov(?). One of those email replies makes it sound like the due diligence process has just been agreed and started.
Due diligence wouldn't have been started until Dec 23rd when the agreement was made. And it would be reasonable to imagine that it wasn't a particularly productive period over Christmas.

One thing that's probably worth mentioning is that councils across the country have basically no money. I am not suggesting a political discussion take place on why, merely that SCC staff will be stretched extremely thin with many people working their arses off for years and years.

There is not a single person in the world that doesn't want this to go through ASAP but the council need to cover their arses because this is public money, our money, and they should be looking to spend it in the most efficient manner possible.

Back