• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Imagine being Ron now watching on as someone else runs the club you technically still own (just) and in the space of a week they have exchanged contracts, signed up Kev and Co, got the embargo lifted and now signed up JD, Ralph and Bridgey, must be cringing pretty hard
I honestly don't think the Rat gives a crap. If he did he would have done the right thing by the club months, if not years ago. He may have allowed himself to believe as though he cared once upon a time but he's so deep in the mire and dependent on the Fossetts development override any feelings he may have had for the club.

In any case, this isn't about him any more. Hopefully the final Is can be dotted and Ts crossed before too much longer and he really will be a thing of the past (apart from the £20m of course!).

Does anyone know how early in 2024 the takeover will be completed?
After the council ratify thats its ok to move the houses fron RH to FF subject to planning approval at a later date..
No idea when the council meet though to sort this i thought it was in January, anybody else know?

After the council ratify thats its ok to move the houses fron RH to FF subject to planning approval at a later date..
No idea when the council meet though to sort this i thought it was in January, anybody else know?

There are two Cabinet meetings in Jan, so presumably it will be discussed at one of those. 11th and 17th I think.

And suddenly it has all gone quiet.

Nice not to have the abusive comments & continually repeated insults of course - Shrimperzone is getting back to being a nicer place I think and we all have our fingers crossed for the "right" outcome but the deal isn't completed yet, is it?

Matt Slater in the forefront of football club news again, also makes me glad that our consortium is made up of successful businessmen that are fans too, except Justin of course.

Does anyone know how this strange no mans land we’re in works ? We’ve paid off debts, signed players so on the other side is all income now for the new owners ? Will their accounts start December 2023 or from when the sale is completed ? If the East Stand burnt down tonight would it be the new owners responsibility to have it insured ?

I know councils are amateur hour personified (literally), but I don’t think it can be beyond the wit of SBC to call one earlier, if necessary, to approve a specific item.
Quite. I was optimistic for the 'special' meeting this week - but that appears to be about the a127

Does anyone know how this strange no mans land we’re in works ? We’ve paid off debts, signed players so on the other side is all income now for the new owners ? Will their accounts start December 2023 or from when the sale is completed ? If the East Stand burnt down tonight would it be the new owners responsibility to have it insured ?
I think the clubs accounts just continue - there's no start and stop date. The club will insure the East stand - not the shareholders

And here we are. Thought this could do with bumping up to the top again as a reminder that there is still very important unfinished business.
Yep - I checked the council meeting agendas again last night - no meetings on the calendar in the next 7 days with agendas that include us/FF

And here we are. Thought this could do with bumping up to the top again as a reminder that there is still very important unfinished business.
I suspect I won't be the only one, but one of my questions that I submitted for the consortium q&a was around when will they complete and what they need to happen for completion - so hopefully more info on Thursday night

Back