• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Thanks @Holy Joe - well spotted. That last screenshot is the key one with Tony Cox confirming:

• Council due diligence underway
  • Cabinet meeting to approve.
Now we need a timescale!
Is a cabinet meeting a full council meeting? I'm not sure it is. Will it need cabinet meeting to approve and then full council meeting to approve?

Dent has said the council are doing their due diligence on the deal (with Ron/developers I assume). They are not a ruthlessly efficient body corporate, but a council (councils being generally famed for the precise opposite). So don't be surprised if it drags on..and on..and on..

At this point not sure SCC see there being a drop-dead date...consortium are paying the bills, they've (SCC) returned to the background, normal funereal pace of progress resumed. And I'm not sure what makes them hurry up.

In the end it may not matter- but accusations of undue haste won't be flying around for sure.

I hope it will be a full council meeting rather than cabinet. This is such an important thing for the town that it does require all councillors to be part of the decision. Not that I'm that worried about this as this is IMHO a non party issue and should be unanimous. Just need officers to cover all possible snags in their report and we should be good to go.

Personally I think it's time we all apply some pressure on SCC. History tells us they aren't exactly swift in dealing with things. Keeping it at the forefront of their minds is no bad thing. I've tweeted my feelings to Mr Cox and other Cllrs.

We can't expect Justin & Co. to continue bank rolling or progressing things with no ownership or assets to show. It's dreamland for the Martins right now. They still own it all and have offloaded all their liabilities. It's a joke.

This situation needs resolving now, before it drags into and starts affecting yet another pre-season. It will do if we go to sleep on this. No more.

Justin's little comment of "I wouldnt want anyone to protest against the council to hurry them up 😉" was telling...

Surely Anna can lean on some people to get this done?
It might be getting to the stage a large group of us supporters need to start shouting outside the civic centre to get some publicity and hurry things up ( put my name down)

As a matter of interest, there is a Council Meeting on 22nd Feb where questions from the public can be submitted and asked. might be worth a number of us asking the council what is going on regards their agreement with the Martins..

see details below:
🗣PUBLIC QUESTIONS AT SOUTHEND COUNCIL - 22 FEBRUARY🗣

Did you know that any resident of the City of Southend can ask questions to the cabinet of Southend-on-Sea City Council at full council meetings?

Your question could be on any subject within the Council's remit, and will be put to the relevant cabinet member. You can ask your question in person, in the Council chamber, and receive an answer there and then.

Questions must be submitted in writing nine clear working days ahead of the meeting, which for the full council meeting on 22 February means that 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝟭𝟮.𝟬𝟬 𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟴 𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆. In order to submit your question to be asked, you should email it to committeesection@southend.gov.uk.

A maximum of two questions per person per meeting can be asked.

We are out of the embargo, have signed players, contracts extended, they have put in 1.5 million.

What else are you expecting?

Ron to be fully gone and a footnote in our history, them to fully take over, pay the rest of the debts off.

From there over time; them being able to start doing rather than just talking about all the wonderful things they want to do such as the fanzone.

Plus you asked what @Rattus Norvegicus point was, their point was exactly what they said. It is and has been dragging on. Regardless of what has been done and is going to be done this thread is about the ownership of the club, they still do not own the club. It has been dragging on.

As a matter of interest, there is a Council Meeting on 22nd Feb where questions from the public can be submitted and asked. might be worth a number of us asking the council what is going on regards their agreement with the Martins..

see details below:
🗣PUBLIC QUESTIONS AT SOUTHEND COUNCIL - 22 FEBRUARY🗣

Did you know that any resident of the City of Southend can ask questions to the cabinet of Southend-on-Sea City Council at full council meetings?

Your question could be on any subject within the Council's remit, and will be put to the relevant cabinet member. You can ask your question in person, in the Council chamber, and receive an answer there and then.

Questions must be submitted in writing nine clear working days ahead of the meeting, which for the full council meeting on 22 February means that 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝟭𝟮.𝟬𝟬 𝗼𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟴 𝗙𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆. In order to submit your question to be asked, you should email it to committeesection@southend.gov.uk.

A maximum of two questions per person per meeting can be asked.
Thousand of us asking the same question could really focus the mind that evening 😂

The final leg of this saga is painfully slow, and as a result it's all going to get a bit twitchy. I totally agree with @Smiffy that we should put our local councillors and the Chair of the Council under pressure to resolve this but that alone will probably not be enough as individuals are often easily ignored.

So, is there any update from @Shrimperstrust, or Anna Firth (especially her, given the colour of the Council leadership), and maybe the combined supporters Protest Group. We probably need to start laying collective gloves on this situation, whereby the pressure can't be ignored. And where are Chris Phillips and the Echo in all of this?

Of those that have already written to their councillors, are you prepared to share what you wrote to enable it to become a template for others on the Zone to copy and paste, thus speeding up the bulk enquiries to our councillors?

The final leg of this saga is painfully slow, and as a result it's all going to get a bit twitchy. I totally agree with @Smiffy that we should put our local councillors and the Chair of the Council under pressure to resolve this but that alone will probably not be enough as individuals are often easily ignored.

So, is there any update from @Shrimperstrust, or Anna Firth (especially her, given the colour of the Council leadership), and maybe the combined supporters Protest Group. We probably need to start laying collective gloves on this situation, whereby the pressure can't be ignored. And where are Chris Phillips and the Echo in all of this?

Of those that have already written to their councillors, are you prepared to share what you wrote to enable it to become a template for others on the Zone to copy and paste, thus speeding up the bulk enquiries to our councillors?
Will council elections in May get in the way - is their a date in advance where council business like this will stop/slow? I know planning applications continue unaffected during elections, but this isn't a planning matter (yet)

Back