• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
I don't think it's fully sunk in yet! Maybe it will when the embargo gets lifted in a couple of days.

Absolutely over the moon. I knew it would be "conditional exchange" for now rather than full completion just yet, but I had lost a little hope when nothing was announced on Friday like I expected. All three parties need the permission over Fossetts to happen, so you'd be forgiven for thinking that it'd take something monumental to **** it all up now.

Huge debts of gratitude to everybody who has been involved in pushing this along and getting it to the finish line.

A bright future lies ahead.

Merry Christmas, all!
Someone I spoke to thought it would have been announced earlier but hey ho it’s a nice Xmas gift. Merry Xmas Mr S

Will embargo be lifted in time for tomorrow or the away game?
Doubt tomorrow - I'm thinking money needs to be moved to pay off debts, that won't have been possible since the announcement - unless they have suitcases of cash. Im not itk though so only a guesd

I wasn't going to post until next week, but this is well worth a change of plan.

Obviously there is still a little way to go, but this is good news for anyone who cares about the health of English football.

Our game thrives precisely BECAUSE of clubs like Southend United. You are part of a tapestry that is unrivalled anywhere in the world. So your joy is our joy too.

I look forward to seeing you compete without one arm tied behind your back. If people are looking for a Manager of the Year come May, they could do a lot worse than look at yours. His dignity, skill and grace under pressure has been a wonder to behold.

Will embargo be lifted in time for tomorrow or the away game?
Kev said in his post match interview at Kiddie that nothing could be done before the next game.

He's hopeful that they can negotiate to get one of the "right" players in they want after that but other clubs don't necessarily want to let them go at this time of the year. He mentioned fans wanting a influx of players but they wont bring in just a body & he said they've missed out on dozens of possible targets.

We don't wat shed loads of players mabe 3 at most for now The team has gone through a brick wall for our club
This squad, with as you say up to 3 reinforcements, could well get into the playoffs and maybe, just maybe, gain promotion. Any more newcomers right now could spoil the team spirit which is clearly there.

Back