• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
It's not a planning application as such that needs to be rubber stamped, it's the principle of developing another 500 houses on that site. It will need to be legally watertight so as to prevent problems further down the line when full planning permission is sought. The council will be doing background work on this at the moment, which takes a few weeks, then it will need to be ratified in public by committee.

That's how I assume it will work anyway, having covered plenty of council business during my time with the Echo.

It's not a planning application as such that needs to be rubber stamped, it's the principle of developing another 500 houses on that site. It will need to be legally watertight so as to prevent problems further down the line when full planning permission is sought. The council will be doing background work on this at the moment, which takes a few weeks, then it will need to be ratified in public by committee.

That's how I assume it will work anyway, having covered plenty of council business during my time with the Echo.
the way it reads is the plans are for 1300 home which includes the 500 houses you speak about , i expect we will all get the answers tomorrow

Doubt it - no planning application has been submitted has it?
think you will find that just before christmas The leader of the council met withRon and the new planed move of the propetys from roots to fossetts had been agreed So i guess that is the planing that is needed .

think you will find that just before christmas The leader of the council met withRon and the new planed move of the propetys from roots to fossetts had been agreed So i guess that is the planing that is needed .
I think that's the financing agreement - not planning.

I think that's the financing agreement - not planning.
not sure it was the extra houses just need planning approval The meeting between the to was to agree to move the build from roots to fossetts Why would el stupid drag his heels on ta large windfall for him and his siblings little ron .

Reading Chris Phillips article in the echo it’s saying the plans will be rubber stamped by the council in February at which point the consortium will take control , so that answers a lot of questions 👍
Just seeing if there is any update on this? All the talk seems to be that it will be a 'formality', however until the sale is actually completed there's still the fear that something could go horribly wrong at the 11th hour. So much positivity going on and I'm loving it, but will only be able to completely relax when that 'sale completed' club statement comes out...

We should definitely have a sweepstake for this. Bring back some of the angst to SZ which has been missing for the last month or so…

Reactions: GBJ
We’re now into February and everything has gone really quiet on the completion of the sale of the club.

Can the Shrimpers Trust or Anna Firth put pressure on the Council/the rat to outline what exactly needs to happen to get the sale completed and what the timeline is for this?

I think they’re all content now the club has survived, however the real business of rebuilding can’t continue until the deal is finally and completely over the line. There are also businesses and charities that are waiting patiently to be paid.

I’m fed up with it dragging on and on, and also fed up with the radio silence from our local council. I wrote to Councillor Matt Dent about this several weeks ago, as he was very vocal about saving the club. I didn’t even receive the courtesy of a reply.

We’re now into February and everything has gone really quiet on the completion of the sale of the club.

Can the Shrimpers Trust or Anna Firth put pressure on the Council/the rat to outline what exactly needs to happen to get the sale completed and what the timeline is for this?

That was one of my questions for the consortium, wasn't answered at the evening so should receive a written response at some point. But as the consortium are 'passengers' at this point (ie they are not party to the agreement) not sure they'll answer fully.

Back