• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Southend Fan Protest Group · ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo
Snow is falling, all around us
Southend playing, having fun
It’s the season, that Justin’s taking over
Merry Christmas…. F*** OFF RON!
🎶
🎵
💙
🎄
💙

Go on then, I'll add the next verse:

Time to Party, In The West Bank,

Shrimpers Chanting, all match long,

Time for Crosses and exchanging passes,

Roots Hall Rocking, F*** OFF RON!

🎉 🎄🎅🥳

Last edited:
I think I've got some kind of RSI disorder after all these months. Can't stop pounding F5 😭

Wonderful news although it is yet to really sink in as it all still seems somewhat unreal in my mind. I will not feel we are a proper football club again until we physically bring in players. When that happens I will regard the nightmare as over and only then will I be raising my glass.

Hard to believe we could have held on long enough for this to happen without the efforts of Tom Lawrence. Take a bow Tom, we all owe you a debt of gratitude. Without Stan it is hard to see how Tom would have been in the right place at the right time to do his thing. Thank you Stan for that.

Needless to say the players and coaching staff deserve our undying thanks in ensuring that somehow we kept things going on the field. Not only but despite all that has been thrown at us we have remained competitive.

In 2040 when we approach our first appearance in the Champion's League final Blues supporters will still be still be talking about the legends of 2023/24 and the wins against Oldham and Chesterfield.

Finally,!!! Football can dominate this forum again , and i sincerely hope its the last we hear of Ron Martin and his shenanigans.
I just want to add my sincere thanks to everyone involved in seeing this through
Firstly the players and the three amigos, you all deserve medals for the pride ,togetherness and team spirit youve shown during this long drawn out sorry saga.
To Tom Lawrence and Stan, Dealing with a total shyster like the Rat cant have been easy so fair play for all youve done.
To the unsung heros of the club , qudos for sticking with Southend thru which must have been extremely trying and stressing times for both you and your family's
Thank to the fans of other clubs who stuck with us an offered assistance in many forms during Southend Uniteds darkst hour.
To the trust, the fans groups, the protest group thanks for the effort you all put in to finally make this dream of a rat free roots hall a reality.
To all us fans for supporting the club in huge numbers for a non league club through these bad times , hopefully the storm is now over and we can look forward to brighter skys.
and Finally to Justin and the consortium, thankyou for getting involved and making sure that one man cant kill our brilliant club, looking forward to your plans for the future with hope and a great sense of optimism.
And to end this off, i hope every shrimper , whether they by home, away, abroad, new or old have a great Christmas and new year.
Heres looking to a great 2024 and a brighter Future.
Up the Blues

I

I don't think it's fully sunk in yet! Maybe it will when the embargo gets lifted in a couple of days.

Absolutely over the moon. I knew it would be "conditional exchange" for now rather than full completion just yet, but I had lost a little hope when nothing was announced on Friday like I expected. All three parties need the permission over Fossetts to happen, so you'd be forgiven for thinking that it'd take something monumental to **** it all up now.

Huge debts of gratitude to everybody who has been involved in pushing this along and getting it to the finish line.

A bright future lies ahead.

Merry Christmas, all!

Last edited:
Back