• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
My best mate has has a really tough year going through a messy separation, so my wife and I took him to London for a Christmas day out. We had just sat in the Christmas market with a beer in hand when I had a quick look to see the score. It was then I saw the long-awaited news. I couldn't help but shout "it's happened" with tears in my eyes! My wife and mate were so happy at the news and it was all cheers and smiles!

What a brilliant Christmas gift!

Shortly after my player sponsor scores ... Oli Coker! Seriously, what an amazing few minutes.

Justin did tell me last weekend it was highly likely to be done just in time for Christmas but didn't want to publicly give a date in case it didn't happen again, so I knew it could be as close as yesterday.

I immediately wattsapped Justin, Tom and Rylee to congratulate them, not knowing Justin had made it to the game, and then continued to order another celebratory round of drinks!
With going to games with Harrison Neal, is there anyone you don't know at SUFC?!

I
May be an image of rat and text
I've been thinking for a while how there could be a tale or folk lore style story written about Ron the Rat... So this tickled me.

Tipple of choice this evening, said I would hit when there was the announcement we all wanted. Tops of and ain't going back on!
Can confirm it is a done deal, all finished and contract entered into between Mr Paracetamol and myself, on-going dialogue will continue with Mr Guinness during the course of today and hopefully will see the lifting of the Sausage Roll embargo imposed by the wife!

My best mate has has a really tough year going through a messy separation, so my wife and I took him to London for a Christmas day out. We had just sat in the Christmas market with a beer in hand when I had a quick look to see the score. It was then I saw the long-awaited news. I couldn't help but shout "it's happened" with tears in my eyes! My wife and mate were so happy at the news and it was all cheers and smiles!

What a brilliant Christmas gift!

Shortly after my player sponsor scores ... Oli Coker! Seriously, what an amazing few minutes.

Justin did tell me last weekend it was highly likely to be done just in time for Christmas but didn't want to publicly give a date in case it didn't happen again, so I knew it could be as close as yesterday.

I immediately wattsapped Justin, Tom and Rylee to congratulate them, not knowing Justin had made it to the game, and then continued to order another celebratory round of drinks!

I'm so delighted for the club staff who have been through hell and back, the players and coaching staff, and above all, the supporters. It's our time!!!

What a brilliant day!

Merry Christmas everyone!! 🎅 😀View attachment 30413
Give Brunty a text and let him know we are coming for them..

Fabulous news and many thanks to ALL at the club for their efforts over the past months.

Also not forgetting the excellent contributions from the football family when we were raising funds to try and support our unpaid staff. Chairmen, fans of many clubs helped us out and should not be overlooked.

UTB

Merry Christmas to all Shrimpers

When the news filtered round at Kiddie yesterday, it seemed to me there was an air of disbelief at first - people didn't quite know how to react and didn't want to go overboard after so many false dawns.

That didn't last long and what a great atmosphere ensued.

And as the news has gradually sunk in further today and I've caught up on the radio interview etc, I'm beginning to think there really is a Santa Claus !🎅

Thank you Stan, thank you Tom - we couldn't have got here without you two. Thank you to those other clubs who have been so supportive, I know there have been plenty but I will single out Wrexham and York for their particular efforts on our behalf. Thank you to Kev, Darren and Benno for sticking with things, thank you to all the long suffering staff (playing and non) for their efforts throughout and thank you Justin and the consortium for finally giving us our club back.
Thanks OBL, you've put into words just what many of us were thinking. thanks indeed to all of those mentioned.

I suppose I'll have to buy a half season card now.... if there's any spaces left!!

Come on you Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Glad to see it’s finally all but over the line for you - and great that the announcement came just before Xmas.

Happy Christmas Shrimpers - look forward to renewing the rivalry on the pitch before too long.
Many thanks for the kind words mate. Kismet dictates that you will sadly be relegated this season and we will win the NL Play-off Final at Wembley. So the rivalry may have to wait a season or two more.

Back