• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win. Now let's get back behind the team and manager. We are a few signings away from a good squad and still have time to make them. Players to come back from injury. It's not as bad as people make out.

Whilst tonight is a great result and without wanting to be a pessimist moaner...

Tonight is a great result BUT it doesn't paper over the cracks of some grave concerns regarding Phil's management, his failure to rebuild the squad with sufficient depth and our failure to defend set pieces primarily. With Ranger and Mooney both off injured, the first of those two problems could prove costly on Saturday.

But **** it we just beat one of the division's biggest clubs 3-0 away from home, we're going to win the league!!

Look its simply embarrassing that the Victors and Victorias wanted the manager sacked after two games- and a hint of desperation by starting early fearing the chance would be fleeting..

In the same vain I thought I would have a quick look at one or two other clubs who must surely sack their managers immediately..

First of course my old favourites Portsmouth. many on here waxed lyrical about how Paul Cook was by far a superior manager to Brown.. sitting 20th in L2.... surely sacked in the morning?

In L1 Sheff U 22nd..20,000 gates....Chris Wilder (another one who PB has been unfavourably compared with)...sacked in the morning?

Coventry 18th..sacking surely in the morning...?

Millwall 12th 1 point above us..but hold on stuffed 5-1..poor old Neil Harris surely sacked in the morning?...

Lording it up after one win isn't any better than calling for a sacking after three games (we lost in the cup too remember).

Morale is surely not to jump to any judgements without a little more to go on, either way.

Lording it up after one win isn't any better than calling for a sacking after three games (we lost in the cup too remember).

Morale is surely not to jump to any judgements without a little more to go on, either way.

Agreed, that would be a pleasant change..

Look its simply embarrassing that the Victors and Victorias wanted the manager sacked after two games- and a hint of desperation by starting early fearing the chance would be fleeting..

In the same vain I thought I would have a quick look at one or two other clubs who must surely sack their managers immediately..

First of course my old favourites Portsmouth. many on here waxed lyrical about how Paul Cook was by far a superior manager to Brown.. sitting 20th in L2.... surely sacked in the morning?

In L1 Sheff U 22nd..20,000 gates....Chris Wilder (another one who PB has been unfavourably compared with)...sacked in the morning?

Coventry 18th..sacking surely in the morning...?

Millwall 12th 1 point above us..but hold on stuffed 5-1..poor old Neil Harris surely sacked in the morning?...
We had lost 8 games in a row, it's not 'embarrassing' that people wanted the manager sacked I think at that point it was a fair discussion to have.

This 100 % it has been laughable hysteria on here for the last fortnight.....and why??? because Southend lost a couple of games. I'm 35 years in with our beloved little club.....we have lost a few games plenty of times and guess what folks, we will lose a few games again. We will win some games too, it's kind of been a theme for over a hundred years now. Chill out a bit peeps its early season and is often crazy for everyone....lets back the boys and see where we are at the end of September and have a chat about the good bad and ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back