• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What players has Brown signed for us that have played under him before? I genuinely can't think of any off the top of my head

I'm more concerned that the better players that have been here that have let their contracts run out and get out from under his management

Atkinson, Oxley, Sokolik also re-signed, along with Thompson and McLaughlin. Fagan also came back to train with us.

Problem is, a one size fits all approach doesn't work with all players. Some need a bollocking and some need an arm round the shoulder. I think Brown likes his bollockings and mind games too much.

No he wouldn't - obnoxious, vile individual! I'd seriously have to think about going along if he came in as manager. Don't want the crook anywhere near my football club!
I also would not like Evans, however I believe we have to be careful how we comment on another's morality as we have signed a player this season whose morality and behaviour is also extremely questionable!!!!

What players has Brown signed for us that have played under him before? I genuinely can't think of any off the top of my head

I'm more concerned that the better players that have been here that have let their contracts run out and get out from under his management

Bentley and Payne left to play in the Championship. If Brown had given them flowers every game they would still have left.

They had nothing to do with his style of management.

Plenty of players have re-signed for him, named above for me. He may well be hated by everyone who plays for him, but as those who knew him all signed, and the likes of McQueen tweeted what a great club it was recently maybe thats just a nice simplistic way to portray and beat up Brown for just because he did fall out with a couple of players.

Its also possible he isnt actually the demon some want him to be.

Beckham dealt with it by buggering off to Real Madrid the season after.

You can't get the best out of people by bullying and yelling at them and if that's Brown's management style, its no wonder players leave.

Ferguson was renowned for his hairdryer treatments, you dont hear many United players whining about what a bully he was.

Who is to say thats what Brown is like every single game anyway. He is certainly entitled to shout at players and Id be flabbergasted if anyone thinks a manager shouldnt.

Prosser is well capable at L1 level, T Smith stated that to me recently, Brown is a poor man manager, its professional to have a go at a player or staff on a one to one not in front of your fellow players. That's a basic management skill.

In an office.

Are you telling me that, for example, if a player is putting no effort in a game a manager is not able to call him out in the changing room? He is meant to call each one in to a room for a one to one ? Nonsense.

God forbid a player is not trying on the pitch, I mean the manager cant shout anything out in front of the 6,000 supporters, he might offend the little petal.

Just for Riggers

Edinburgh just said " its been a fantastic week " A lot of credit has to go to the Chairman, especially over the past couple of weeks, he has worked hard to bring JET, O Hara and Pask , who Southend were interested in. " I would still like a couple more before the window closes ( nine brought in to date, ) another centre back and midfielder. Everyone connected with the Football club can be proud.. " I did a lot of soul searching last year when we drifted away, the chairman and Head of recruitment worked tirelessly to make us a better squad to take us forward" " Once again we have brought more players of premiership class to the club
Chairman Scully praised those who helped put this seasons exciting squad together adding quality to the ranks, especially new Director of Football Keith Burt. More signings are expected. Burt spent 7 years as head of recruitment at Notts Forest
I happen to live in Gillingham, I get to know a lot about them from season ticket mates and my rivalry with them is intense as it gets especially when you are significantly outnumbered!, I like to learn from comparisons and think about our opponents and what helps them succeed. BUT the one side I am desperate to stuff every year is not Colchester, although thats second best ., for me its Gillingham. It means every thing to me and my shareholding family!! Sorry Riggers , but I am not a Gillingham fan but why does it not surprise me that only you can come up with such sneidy little commnets. We are fast learning just what a piece of work you really are

Bentley and Payne left to play in the Championship. If Brown had given them flowers every game they would still have left.

They had nothing to do with his style of management.

Plenty of players have re-signed for him, named above for me. He may well be hated by everyone who plays for him, but as those who knew him all signed, and the likes of McQueen tweeted what a great club it was recently maybe thats just a nice simplistic way to portray and beat up Brown for just because he did fall out with a couple of players.

Its also possible he isnt actually the demon some want him to be.

Ferguson was renowned for his hairdryer treatments, you dont hear many United players whining about what a bully he was.

Who is to say thats what Brown is like every single game anyway. He is certainly entitled to shout at players and Id be flabbergasted if anyone thinks a manager shouldnt.

In an office.

Are you telling me that, for example, if a player is putting no effort in a game a manager is not able to call him out in the changing room? He is meant to call each one in to a room for a one to one ? Nonsense.

God forbid a player is not trying on the pitch, I mean the manager cant shout anything out in front of the 6,000 supporters, he might offend the little petal.

Judging by the way the players are playing at the moment would you say that his management style is working ?

Seperately I appreciate that I dont know the full story at all so I can only go on past history and gut feel , but I didn't like the way Brown got rid of Prosser at all.

Judging by the way the players are playing at the moment would you say that his management style is working ?

Seperately I appreciate that I dont know the full story at all so I can only go on past history and gut feel , but I didn't like the way Brown got rid of Prosser at all.

His management style worked fine when we got promoted with record points.

I think our problems since March are down to more than just his personality and management style.

CP has just tweeted our record for the whole of 2016 is 22 points out of 25 league games so far.

When you see figures like that it is shows how bleak things have been for some time.

Could be worse, we could have Pardew in charge, only 2 wins for Palace in their last 22 PL Games - and with all that money at his disposal.

At least PB has lack of money as an excuse. And he hasn't headbutted anyone...

Oooh, up to 45% now.

Watch out "sack" fans. We're creeping up on the rails! :smile: :winking:

Boooo! :thumbdown:

Just think what a 4-0 win tonight would have done to the floating voter!

I don't think Brown can be criticised for giving a few bollocking's in the dressing room, he's probably a saint compared to Neil Warnock but he should keep his mouth shut when it comes to the press, slating players in public is not on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back