• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he's insinuating the players are a bit thick, just can't keep his mouth shut !!!!

https://twitter.com/CJPhillips1982/status/765150459300642816?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Amazed a player hasn't punched him in the mouth yet.

In Brown's defence, I don't think he's insinuating that here and they'll know that. You can be guilty of trying to coach players through games - telling them what to do under each and every circumstance - especially during poor form. Brown comes across as the kind of manager to do just that, and there's been a couple of reports from the training ground on here about Brown's style being very much to intervene and issue instructions quite frequently.

You'll see how much the players have bought into Brown in the next two games. The pressure's on now and if they've no time for him, it'll be fairly evident.

ZxAN-INv_normal.jpg
BBC Essex Sport (@BBCEssexSport)

[TD="colspan: 2"] 16/08/2016, 09:15 #Southend Phil Brown on trip to Sheff U:

'We're not running away from it.'

'We're paid to win football matches.' pic.twitter.com/VORmONnG1O
[/TD]

Doesn't appear that PB has been paid for 4-5 months then.....

So was it Prosser or Bolger ?

That would be my guess.

Prosser got called out in front of the whole team by Brown following a dismal away display and apparently responded by calling him a see you next Tuesday.

And Bolger's departure was just plain bizarre. Straight out on loan, despite being low on centre backs and allowed to leave at the end of the season.

Safe to say that Brown is no stranger to falling out with people.

Look, let me just say that a certain player getting bombed last season wasn't strictly for footballing reasons

I assume you are sworn to secretcy as posting some facts would certainly be of interest to many, and would also change some peoples view of Brown

ifs that true then I don't see why you wouldn't just post what you know

Last edited:
I assume you are sworn to secretcy as posteing some facts would certainly be of interest to many, and would also change some peoples view of Brown

ifs that true then I don't see why you wouldn't just post what you know

Well, the Irish are known for being a bit fiery aren't they? :whistling:

Not sure I care anyway, people fall out, he is their manager not their BFF.

Out of interest, if your boss told you 'don't ever show your ****ing face here again' how would you react?

Prosser was well out of his depth in this league as a player but to be spoken to like that was disgusting. A player who had put his body on the like for that shirt a hell of a lot more than most of the dressing room and taking 2, possibly 3 concussions in the process! I don't blame him one bit for kicking off

I reckon if someone kicked a boot at me I wouldnt be happy either, but Beckham seemed to deal with it.

Depends what Id done to get that comment. I dont know the full story of what happened in the dressing room so not in a position to comment, but if Brown was that unhappy with him he is the manager, he aint there to just give out cuddles.

If he is that bad at man management why do players that played for him before sign for him again?

I reckon if someone kicked a boot at me I wouldnt be happy either, but Beckham seemed to deal with it.

Depends what Id done to get that comment. I dont know the full story of what happened in the dressing room so not in a position to comment, but if Brown was that unhappy with him he is the manager, he aint there to just give out cuddles.

If he is that bad at man management why do players that played for him before sign for him again?

Beckham dealt with it by buggering off to Real Madrid the season after.

You can't get the best out of people by bullying and yelling at them and if that's Brown's management style, its no wonder players leave.

What players has Brown signed for us that have played under him before? I genuinely can't think of any off the top of my head

I'm more concerned that the better players that have been here that have let their contracts run out and get out from under his management

Prosser is well capable at L1 level, T Smith stated that to me recently, Brown is a poor man manager, its professional to have a go at a player or staff on a one to one not in front of your fellow players. That's a basic management skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back