• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sorry

SOME OF US DO... the silent majority do....

Phil Brown has been a blessing IMHO

In what way is he a blessing?

Maybe it's the drab football that's played at a snails pace with little or no real attacking threat.

Maybe it could be the fact that he got lucky with literally the last kick of the season and managed to win a penalty shoot out.

Maybe it's his dire man management of players and in particular those who dare to challenge his wisdom .

Or maybe it's my personal favourite. The fact that he goes on national television and practically begs for the Bolton job whilst already employed.

Great we got a good win against a poor sheffield united side. I hope he can take us up the table and prove me wrong, but face facts. He is not a top manager , he is a chancer just waiting to be offered a more prestigious northern based job and he will be off.

Oh and by the way. I here Sokolik is already on his way. Apparently he too had his own opinion.

But enjoy your night.

Maybe it's the drab football that's played at a snails pace with little or no real attacking threat.

Maybe it could be the fact that he got lucky with literally the last kick of the season and managed to win a penalty shoot out.

Maybe it's his dire man management of players and in particular those who dare to challenge his wisdom .

Or maybe it's my personal favourite. The fact that he goes on national television and practically begs for the Bolton job whilst already employed.

Great we got a good win against a poor sheffield united side. I hope he can take us up the table and prove me wrong, but face facts. He is not a top manager , he is a chancer just waiting to be offered a more prestigious northern based job and he will be off.

Oh and by the way. I here Sokolik is already on his way. Apparently he too had his own opinion.

But enjoy your night.

one word PROMOTION sorry but I think this a massive, maybe Portsmouth ( bigger club than us ) would love this to ??

one word PROMOTION sorry but I think this a massive, maybe Portsmouth ( bigger club than us ) would love this to ??

We had class players in a terrible league. We should have sailed to automatic promotion but barely scraped through.

Thanks for the promotion but I'm still not convinced. Loved to be proved wrong but I think we are in for a long hard season.

But enjoy your night.
Can you give any more info on Sokolik please

Hardly lucky, idiots like you forgot we finish with one of our highest points total ever that season and where unlucky not to go up automatically many other seasons we would have have. We deserved to get promoted that season and did so as we player right till the end, maybe it was Brown that encouraged the players to do this?

meant to quote some other tool not you mate.

We had class players in a terrible league. We should have sailed to automatic promotion but barely scraped through.

Thanks for the promotion but I'm still not convinced. Loved to be proved wrong but I think we are in for a long hard season.

I feel "fans" like you would be happier to see us do **** so they can say "I told you so..." Any of this "lucky"'promotion is such a bore now. Nothing lucky about it...highest ever points tally. Players fitter than other clubs and playing right through to the end.

No attacking threat....scored 3 goals away from home last night....no bad for a drab footballing performance.

Great win for Phil Brown FC last night. That might just keep him in contention for the next few 'big' jobs that become available.

We have finished in a superior position at the end of every season PB has been in charge.
That is a fact. That has to, without any doubt whatsoever, be classed as success.
They are the FACTS!!

We have finished in a superior position at the end of every season PB has been in charge.
That is a fact. That has to, without any doubt whatsoever, be classed as success.
They are the FACTS!!

With your beloved manager prostituting himself for any "better" job that comes along. Yes, what a hero.

With your beloved manager prostituting himself for any "better" job that comes along. Yes, what a hero.

He is not particularly loved. that is obvious. However, he has been a success (to date) at Southend United.
Does he court publicity? YES. Does he tout for other jobs? YES.
He is a show-off, ambitious, probably mercenary and appears hell bent on getting up the managerial ladder. Please note that the ONLY way PB will rise up that ladder, feed his ambition and ego will be to SUCCEED at Southend United.
Failure? Then he will rightly be sacked and the demand for his work as a manager, pundit or egotistical voice in football will be in TATTERS!
So, why would I not back the bloke who will feel he simply has to win as many games for Southend United as he can...in order to progress with whoever. wherever and whenever???

Great win for Phil Brown FC last night. That might just keep him in contention for the next few 'big' jobs that become available.

At last. An honest post that implies that PB failing has become more important than Southend United winning 3-0 at Sheffield United.
We win 3-0 at the "pseudo biggest" club in the division and the bitterness that win evokes in NZamba is there for everyone to read. It is clearly disappointing to him that The Shrimpers (err this is SHRIMPERzone) WON 3-0 last night.
It was obviously a bitter pill to see the Blues win Mr NZamba. But never fear, you can cheer under your breath for The Gas on Saturday. They are capable of beating us - so you still have hope!

I feel "fans" like you would be happier to see us do **** so they can say "I told you so..." Any of this "lucky"'promotion is such a bore now. Nothing lucky about it...highest ever points tally. Players fitter than other clubs and playing right through to the end.

No attacking threat....scored 3 goals away from home last night....no bad for a drab footballing performance.

You're seriously deluded if you think people want the club to do badly so they can have a swipe at Brown. The fact is our 2016 form has been utterly abysmal but it has not stopped the manager linking himself to every other job under the sun. He's fallen out with plenty of players along the way and his summer recruitment has been lacking.

Anyone who genuinely thinks people want Southend to fail just so Brown can go needs to have a look at themselves. I would like nothing more than for us to win every game between now and Christmas and for Brown to be knighted in the New Year's Honours list as a result. It's not going to happen, I've seen enough to realise he is not the man to take us forward any longer. One admittedly excellent result (with a tip of the hat to Sheffield United's defending) is not going to change that. However, if it is the platform for a mammoth unbeaten run, I will hold my hands up with no little joy and say I was delighted to be wrong.

They are the FACTS!!

Whilst this is clearly true, so also is the fact that we have just had the longest run of successive defeats in our history of 8 consecutive defeats - if supporters can't voice concerns about the ability of the Manager at that then when can they?

Personally I am not too interested in the personality/likeability of the Manager and am only interested in the quality of the results and performances that the Team produce which are directly linked to the ability of the Manager.

If PB achieves a decent league position based on the resources at his disposal then that is great and we should all be happy but I would be interested to know what RM feels qualifies as a decent league position.

Rest assured that I personally will be providing my full support for the Team as always on Saturday and fully expect all in attendance to do likewise!

You're seriously deluded if you think people want the club to do badly so they can have a swipe at Brown. The fact is our 2016 form has been utterly abysmal but it has not stopped the manager linking himself to every other job under the sun. He's fallen out with plenty of players along the way and his summer recruitment has been lacking.

Anyone who genuinely thinks people want Southend to fail just so Brown can go needs to have a look at themselves. I would like nothing more than for us to win every game between now and Christmas and for Brown to be knighted in the New Year's Honours list as a result. It's not going to happen, I've seen enough to realise he is not the man to take us forward any longer. One admittedly excellent result (with a tip of the hat to Sheffield United's defending) is not going to change that. However, if it is the platform for a mammoth unbeaten run, I will hold my hands up with no little joy and say I was delighted to be wrong.

I truly, honestly believe there are a number of very vocal "followers" of Southend United that have such a personal dislike of PB that any win deflates their argument.
I am not suggesting that includes you Jai but just read back through the countless anti-PB threads going back 41 months and it is a personal dislike for many.
Yes, I honestly believe there are a number of people who follow The Shrimpers that are gutted we won last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back