• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
more here
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/14...essure_after_defeat_at_Port_Vale/?ref=mr&lp=5
“If anyone wants to put the pressure on me I’ll accept it and if anyone wants to blame anyone, blame me.

“I’ve been asked about the end to last season but there was a reason for that after three years together.- happy for somoene to translate this for me

Some players had been playing under his "big I am" attitude and stifling tactics for 2-3 years and decided they'd rather go elsewhere than sign new contracts to continue playing under him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we play badly at home because we dont give the opposition enough grief? I have heard it all now . On that basis we should havee thrashed Gills in the second game as we loudly took the **** out of their keeper for a good 20-30 minutes- and they definately heard it

Try reading post 425 properly.

Tilson/Maher partnership. Champions League here we come. :smile:

TBH I would take that every day of the week over the current set up.

So what, exactly, would these two bring to the party that would help us out of our current state? The best that Tilly can manage now is Basildon Ladies and Maher has driven the bus at Chelmsford.

Atkins was in charge of SUFC last time we, SUFC, played them. Atkins has an ok record as manager when he has limited budget........................................just saying.

Atkins was in charge of SUFC last time we, SUFC, played them. Atkins has an ok record as manager when he has limited budget........................................just saying.

Interesting thought...and one that I would personally be in favour of.
His Scunthorpe team certainly played with an attacking intent. He is an excellent man manager and is always a very positive. He let's his players play with freedom too which I'm sure would go down well with the likes of Demetriou,Leonard and Coker.
He saw the potential in Gary Hooper...signed him and completely turned his career round.

Interesting thought...and one that I would personally be in favour of.
His Scunthorpe team certainly played with an attacking intent. He is an excellent man manager and is always a very positive. He let's his players play with freedom too which I'm sure would go down well with the likes of Demetriou,Leonard and Coker.
He saw the potential in Gary Hooper...signed him and completely turned his career round.

Hooper became decent once he was away from his dad.

Tilson... No thanks, there's a reason managers drop down the leagues and never get back up there again. (Look at Browns fall from grace and a lot of our opinions of his management style)... I'd take Chris Powell with Maher as assistant!

CP has just tweeted our record for the whole of 2016 is 22 points out of 25 league games so far.

When you see figures like that it is shows how bleak things have been for some time.

CP has just tweeted our record for the whole of 2016 is 22 points out of 25 league games so far.

When you see figures like that it is shows how bleak things have been for some time.
Yep, over a season that would average at 40 points, which is bottom of the league form. In the last 5 years, only Rochdale in 2011/12, Portsmouth in 12/13 (with a points deduction) and Crewe last season have managed less.

Exactly, tells you all you need to know in a nut shell, thank you PB & GC but time for a change to stop the rot now, not at Christmas when the die may well be already cast.

Massimo, that is an interesting thought. Atkins is an extremely accomplished manager with a strong record, particularly at Scunthorpe and Southampton.

CP has just tweeted our record for the whole of 2016 is 22 points out of 25 league games so far. When you see figures like that it is shows how bleak things have been for some time.

Yes. And when Brown does get sacked, it's this sort of of statistic that he should get sacked for. Not because we played three lost three this season. Jackett, Cotterill, or Warnock for me, although I suspect the latter will get the first championship job that becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back