• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Bolger, who was unfairly targeted by our fans. The reason being that he was the only player PB had paid money for and Bolger knew that.

Bolger was only targeted by the fans when he was playing poorly; when his game improved he was unfairly treated by someone else.
What a load of rubbish rigsby. Bolger was criticised when he signed because he was awful. He then improved and fans stopped criticising him. Are you going to say the same applied to Anthony Straker?

Its not about who signs or not, there's a much bigger picture that players pick up on but I am concerned with fans signing about Oxley. That will do him and us a world of good.

Bentley and Payne both had their best games away from RH and we have had plenty of other young players, not just under PB, who have felt pressure at RH for different reasons.

Take Bolger, who was unfairly targeted by our fans. The reason being that he was the only player PB had paid money for and Bolger knew that.

Sorry but I don't buy into this at all. Not condoning it in any way but we are no different to any other club in this respect, it is part and parcel of being a footballer.

Have we sacked Brown yet? Come on Ron you will love the publicity the club gets on SSN 'First casualty of the season'

I must admit watching PB's Southend is even putting me off watching football. Excuse after excuse and I cannot condone publicly telling the team they're not good enough. He has killed our season before it started and there appears to be only one outcome.

At least we may have the local derbies to look forward to and relegation would almost certainly see the end of PB.

What a load of rubbish rigsby. Bolger was criticised when he signed because he was awful. He then improved and fans stopped criticising him. Are you going to say the same applied to Anthony Straker?

The point is he wasn't awful. As some of us tried to point out on here. Because PB had paid money for Bolger, some were determined to target him.

Sorry but I don't buy into this at all. Not condoning it in any way but we are no different to any other club in this respect, it is part and parcel of being a footballer.

That's just it, every club is different. I often sit in the main stand at away games and you can get a good idea how a home team will play by the way the crowd is even before the game. If not certainly by the way they react to the first mistake or two.

We are not the worst I have witnessed but we are along way from the best. For example Port vale last season on the Friday night game. They aimed all their abuse at PB and our players and it was vile at times. Howled with fake rage at a couple of tackles and got Atkinson and Timlin booked very early on for nothing. We struggled in mid-field after that. The crowd even got a free kick that lead to one of their goals.

Jack Payne got booted in the air twice by Millwall at RH, not even a booking or barley a moan by the same people who are happy to shout abuse at their own manger and players.

Its all very well sacking Brown but who could we get to replace him? the likes of Jackett and Hollaway are unlikely to be interested as better jobs will come up.
There may only be one man that we can go to and that's Paul Sturrock. He worked a miracle before keeping us in the football league and it may need a similar miracle to keep us up this season. Maybe Rons ego may prevent him going back to Sturrock but he might be our only hope.

Its all very well sacking Brown but who could we get to replace him? the likes of Jackett and Hollaway are unlikely to be interested as better jobs will come up.
There may only be one man that we can go to and that's Paul Sturrock. He worked a miracle before keeping us in the football league and it may need a similar miracle to keep us up this season. Maybe Rons ego may prevent him going back to Sturrock but he might be our only hope.

His illness has got worse over time, so I can't see any League club taking him on at the moment.

There may only be one man that we can go to and that's Steve Tilson.

The Messiah returns!

Paul Sturrock wouldn't take the job out of principle.

Clearly we should try and get Stanley.

Unfortunately when we can't get Steve Walsh as the former Leicester assistant manager is now Everton's Director of Football, Stan pulls out and we instead make Kevin Maher caretaker manager. Maher, using his experience of playing for us for a decade or so, the local non-league scene and the Southend youth set-up drops David Mooney and the results keep coming, taking us to an unexpected LDV cup final and keeping us up and eventually Ron relents and makes him permanent manager. Next season, we sign a young non-league forward and go up via the play-offs. The following season we storm the division and win the title, (a particular highlight being going 3-0 up away from home v W*** H** inside 30 minutes in the effective title decider). The less said about the following League campaign the better, but knocking Man U out of the cup would more than make up for it.

Actually scrap that, appointing an unproven manager who seems too soft would be a terrible idea and would never work.

Its not about who signs or not, there's a much bigger picture that players pick up on but I am concerned with fans signing about Oxley. That will do him and us a world of good.

Bentley and Payne both had their best games away from RH and we have had plenty of other young players, not just under PB, who have felt pressure at RH for different reasons.

I would love to see some passionate fans who could do the same......Lets see who gets lucky.

In the Second Gills match W block/West V was singing when Gills scored their second . The singing sidn't stop as is a normal human reaction when the oppostion scores but continued and actually got lounder as we 'did our bit'to help the team. What more can we do? If other people/blocks dont want to join in that is their perogative- HOWEVER I do agree with your point . You may not feel confident singing/clapping , you may not like doing it BUT it does help the team. If people have the energy to come on here and moan then please put the same energy into supporting the team whilst at the match- you might even enjoy it. The onloy other thing we as supporters can do is to sing 'Brown Out' songs during the game. That might motivate the players but I am guessing you would not be in favour :winking:

you say you want to see some passionate fans- I give you a clear example and then you move the goal posts :dim:

what is the much bigger picture you refer to?

Not sure why people keep passing over Chris Powell - currently an assistant at Derby County. I'm almost certain he'd want to be in the number 1 spot again sooner rather than later, and would provide us all with the boost we need at this time.

Now he's insinuating the players are a bit thick, just can't keep his mouth shut !!!!

https://twitter.com/CJPhillips1982/status/765150459300642816?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

more here

Amazed a player hasn't punched him in the mouth yet.

more here
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/14...essure_after_defeat_at_Port_Vale/?ref=mr&lp=5
“If anyone wants to put the pressure on me I’ll accept it and if anyone wants to blame anyone, blame me.

“I’ve been asked about the end to last season but there was a reason for that after three years together.- happy for somoene to translate this for me

more here
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/14...essure_after_defeat_at_Port_Vale/?ref=mr&lp=5
“If anyone wants to put the pressure on me I’ll accept it and if anyone wants to blame anyone, blame me.

“I’ve been asked about the end to last season but there was a reason for that after three years together.- happy for somoene to translate this for me

Mən keçən mövsüm sonu haqqında xahiş etdik , lakin birlikdə üç il sonra bir səbəb var idi .

See post 425

So we play badly at home because we dont give the opposition enough grief? I have heard it all now . On that basis we should havee thrashed Gills in the second game as we loudly took the **** out of their keeper for a good 20-30 minutes- and they definately heard it

more here

His shelf life is up?

3 years 4 months was the longest he's managed to stay in any manager job and he was sacked after 1 win in 15 in his final 4 months in that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back