• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonard is now a shadow of the player that was literally bossing sides home and away. His development has stalled big time under brown. For me he should be a player scoring and shooting at goal in every match.

Its a joke

What this post ?

Come on Mods, surely this should be on the super moan thread

Lets be clear I am not a fan of Phil brown and never have been.

I find his football slow, methodical, defensive and dull. He has continually picked players in poor form or played players out of position.

All of that said, I want nothing more than to see the club succeed and whether he should have made a better job of it we did get a great promotion day at Wembley.

My question is this.

What happens if we get hammered tomorrow night by a average Sheffield utd side.

For me, I would love to see a passionate manager who is a great motivator come in and try and get the team scoring goals. Its excruciating watching how lacklustre our forward play is at times.

I hope we pick up a great result tomorrow night and sign a few more and get some more fit and go from strength to strength, but I honestly cant see Phil being able to turn things around.

Lose tomorrow night and start getting bossed on Saturday and the atmosphere will be toxic for sure.

I would love to see some passionate fans who could do the same......Lets see who gets lucky.

I have supported Brown the whole time he's been here, but if we lose tomorrow night I'd want a change. 9 losses in a row is unacceptable.

I have supported Brown the whole time he's been here, but if we lose tomorrow night I'd want a change. 9 losses in a row is unacceptable.

I can't see anything but a loss against the other SUFC. If it's the straw that breaks the Ronny's back, I hope it's a heavy one.

Time to go.

Thanks for promotion and giving me the best day of my life supporting this club at Wembley. For that I will always be grateful. However, enough is enough. 8 competetive loses in a row is just not on and I would put a lot of money on other chairmen not putting up with this.

Thanks for the memories, especially that 0-0 at home to Daggers

I would say that if Phil Brown were to be given the sack we would have a great chance of attracting Phil Brown to the post, given he is touting himself for every job.

After watching local boy Max Whitlock win 2 Golds yesterday I reckon we should get him down to Roots Hall - He's a winner ! Obviously not as manager but if we could get him in the dressing room before one of our next games some of his success could rub off...

Not a bad idea that, Chris Phillips seems to know him pretty well judging by his Twitter. Didn't Stuart Bingham come to one of our games a couple of seasons ago after he'd won the snooker World Championships?

Entirely possible that Max Whitlock doesn't give two hoots about SUFC though seeing as he lives in South Essex but is actually from Hemel Hempstead.

Which, given by the shirts I see around the town centre, means he is more likely to be an Arsenal fan...

I would love to see some passionate fans who could do the same......Lets see who gets lucky.

In the Second Gills match W block/West V was singing when Gills scored their second . The singing sidn't stop as is a normal human reaction when the oppostion scores but continued and actually got lounder as we 'did our bit'to help the team. What more can we do? If other people/blocks dont want to join in that is their perogative- HOWEVER I do agree with your point . You may not feel confident singing/clapping , you may not like doing it BUT it does help the team. If people have the energy to come on here and moan then please put the same energy into supporting the team whilst at the match- you might even enjoy it. The onloy other thing we as supporters can do is to sing 'Brown Out' songs during the game. That might motivate the players but I am guessing you would not be in favour :winking:

Just get Jeremy Kyle back in to let rip at the players. Call them all lowlife scum, should work a treat to get them fired up.

Just get Jeremy Kyle back in to let rip at the players. Call them all lowlife scum, should work a treat to get them fired up.

I'm pretty sure the DNA test results with show that Will Atkinson IS Phil Brown's biological child.

I'd be terrified of what PB would say about Southend in his media roles if he were to be sacked by us!

I think the only way that he will leave would be by 'mutual consent'.

In the Second Gills match W block/West V was singing when Gills scored their second . The singing sidn't stop as is a normal human reaction when the oppostion scores but continued and actually got lounder as we 'did our bit'to help the team. What more can we do? If other people/blocks dont want to join in that is their perogative- HOWEVER I do agree with your point . You may not feel confident singing/clapping , you may not like doing it BUT it does help the team. If people have the energy to come on here and moan then please put the same energy into supporting the team whilst at the match- you might even enjoy it. The onloy other thing we as supporters can do is to sing 'Brown Out' songs during the game. That might motivate the players but I am guessing you would not be in favour :winking:

Its not about who signs or not, there's a much bigger picture that players pick up on but I am concerned with fans signing about Oxley. That will do him and us a world of good.

Bentley and Payne both had their best games away from RH and we have had plenty of other young players, not just under PB, who have felt pressure at RH for different reasons.

Take Bolger, who was unfairly targeted by our fans. The reason being that he was the only player PB had paid money for and Bolger knew that.

Managers come and go,it's football !

Phil has had his time,hasn't he set two unwanted records,most defeats on the spin and longest winless run.

Take Bolger, who was unfairly targeted by our fans. The reason being that he was the only player PB had paid money for and Bolger knew that.

Bolger was only targeted by the fans when he was playing poorly; when his game improved he was unfairly treated by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back