• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All though the Zone is not a true reflection of what the majority of fans think. There will be a lot of people on here who would love nothing more than a 4-0 defeat on Tuesday.
I often agree with a lot of your posts but that one....... NO just NO....behave lol

Didn't do Portsmouth any good did it, best fans outside the Prem but they are still a complete shower on the pitch

Not when I sat in their main stand about 18 months ago, when we won. Their own team played in fear because 15000 home fans couldn't wait to abuse their own players. No wonder they can't get promoted. Very different to when I went in the 80's.

Yesterday we also had Leeds booing off their players at full time. At Newcastle is was half-time as well as full time. Again when I went to such places years ago the whole town was intimidating not just the ground.

Lots of clubs have the 'modern' fan, who believes the club only deserve their pathetic support if the team are successful first. What ever happened to getting behind the lads and actually being the 12th man, rather than just claiming you are.

For those of you who always point the finger, try looking in the mirror and asking yourself whether you have actually given anywhere near the level of support, that matches your demands from the club.

All though the Zone is not a true reflection of what the majority of fans think. There will be a lot of people on here who would love nothing more than a 4-0 defeat on Tuesday.

I have read SZ for sometime and have recently decided to start posting on it.

In my experience it does contain many different viewpoints on subjects and is a good reflection of what our fans think. Why shouldn't it be???

i can't believe anyone would want us to lose 4-0 on Tuesday that is a bizarre statement!!

In my experience it does contain many different viewpoints on subjects and is a good reflection of what our fans think. Why shouldn't it be???

i can't believe anyone would want us to lose 4-0 on Tuesday that is a bizarre statement!!

Really.... There are people on here that are still bitter that we won at Wembley, as they hoped PB would be sacked if we lost. They can't help themselves and regularly re-post the same things on every thread.

ShrimperZone is a platform for people's opinions, good or bad.

I would just like to add that we never assess our members' mental incapabilities prior to allowing them to post.

Ron has been quick to wield the axe before, just look at Tilson and Luggy, both went at very short notice. So he can be pretty ruthless

Although if PB is dismissed would RM not then have to get rid of GC and BH? I.e.: 3 pay offs? Given the financial perils already faced this could break the bank?

If the Chairman does lose patience with PB and cannot tempt someone like Kenny Jackett, he should give serious consideration to Martin Allen at Barnet. He certainly knows how to fashion a good team on a limited budget and is currently on a rolling contract with Barnet

I'm not sayin I love Phil Brown. In fact as a person in not really a massive fan. But I 100% believe we will not get anyone in who has a better chance of getting us promoted at this point in time. Please stop this nonsense!

Utter nonsense. Just getting someone in who's not a self-absorbed prick and actually commands the respect of his players would get more out of this squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching local boy Max Whitlock win 2 Golds yesterday I reckon we should get him down to Roots Hall - He's a winner ! Obviously not as manager but if we could get him in the dressing room before one of our next games some of his success could rub off...

After watching local boy Max Whitlock win 2 Golds yesterday I reckon we should get him down to Roots Hall - He's a winner ! Obviously not as manager but if we could get him in the dressing room before one of our next games some of his success could rub off...

Great idea! :thumbsup:

Not a bad idea that, Chris Phillips seems to know him pretty well judging by his Twitter. Didn't Stuart Bingham come to one of our games a couple of seasons ago after he'd won the snooker World Championships?

What happens if.....

Lets be clear I am not a fan of Phil brown and never have been.

I find his football slow, methodical, defensive and dull. He has continually picked players in poor form or played players out of position.

All of that said, I want nothing more than to see the club succeed and whether he should have made a better job of it we did get a great promotion day at Wembley.

My question is this.

What happens if we get hammered tomorrow night by a average Sheffield utd side.

For me, I would love to see a passionate manager who is a great motivator come in and try and get the team scoring goals. Its excruciating watching how lacklustre our forward play is at times.

I hope we pick up a great result tomorrow night and sign a few more and get some more fit and go from strength to strength, but I honestly cant see Phil being able to turn things around.

Lose tomorrow night and start getting bossed on Saturday and the atmosphere will be toxic for sure.

It doesn't matter who we sign, the players that are here do not want to play for him! When was the last time you saw one of our players playing with a smile on his face enjoying his career? A happy player is an in form player and unfortunately we are a miserable team!

I think tomorrow could be the turning point. If we put in a brilliant and much improved performance, but narrowly lose 1-0 to a better side, he may be okay. If we turn up and look absolutely clueless, getting battered in the process, I think Ron may call it a day.

He can't say he's not had the support of the chairman and it wouldn't shock me if Ron had already started drawing up a list of potential suitors towards the end of last season, just in case the poor form transferred over.

It doesn't matter who we sign, the players that are here do not want to play for him! When was the last time you saw one of our players playing with a smile on his face enjoying his career? A happy player is an in form player and unfortunately we are a miserable team!

Leonard is now a shadow of the player that was literally bossing sides home and away. His development has stalled big time under brown. For me he should be a player scoring and shooting at goal in every match.

Its a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back