• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd have looked to sign someone last January who we could begin bedding in and developing, like Tilly did with Mark Bentley.

I'd look to initially play them as a squad player so off the subs bench and/or in wide midfield (as Sturrock did with the man he may be replacing, and as Ricky Duncan did with Dru Yearwood) so that it's an easier transition.

But we did not know what division we would be in or that Lenny would be wanted by Sheff U. The question is what would you do at present, without knowing if Lenny will definitely be with us come September.

But we did not know what division we would be in or that Lenny would be wanted by Sheff U. The question is what would you do at present, without knowing if Lenny will definitely be with us come September.

I guess that's why they pay him the big bucks.

Interesting. We are probably talking to players who have more than one offer ..... but as the clock ticks away it is possible that clubs look to other targets. I have not seen many players coming down a division so far (other that Kightly, Turner and Beckford) so perhaps there is still plenty of time and options for Browny to consider.

So my first ever post and this is a complete guess based on what has been said about the wow signing but what about Paul McShane. One year left on his contract. Was signed by Brown whilst he was at Hull. Only played 30 times for Reading last season and they are looking to bring in a central defender themselves.

So my first ever post and this is a complete guess based on what has been said about the wow signing but what about Paul McShane. One year left on his contract. Was signed by Brown whilst he was at Hull. Only played 30 times for Reading last season and they are looking to bring in a central defender themselves.

And a good one to start with Jasrod. We have been lucky with ex Reading boys before, so who knows?

I would suggest that another "marque signing" at CB would be unlikely given that Ferdinand and Turner are already here. More likely a cheaper CB option for us with the "wow" target being either a CM or FW (and more likely a midfielder as that's where we desperately need to strengthen). Spending big wages on another CB would be crazy in my book....

McShane is Irish and was at Hull with Brown, so he would certainly fit the usual mould. At 31 he's a decent age. Wages would be the stumbling block though I would think, and that's if he's even available

Am I alone in being quite happy to find out who the targets are once they are long way down the path to signing, rather than speculate and announce to others our interest on social media...?

Am I alone in being quite happy to find out who the targets are once they are long way down the path to signing, rather than speculate and announce to others our interest on social media...?

You're not alone. I don't know about the others but I'm just indulging in some pointless speculation in a vain attempt to gloss over the total lack of footie action in the close season

You're not alone. I don't know about the others but I'm just indulging in some pointless speculation in a vain attempt to gloss over the total lack of footie action in the close season

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Although I do have a tendency to keep checking Chris Phillip's twitter feed on a regular basis in the hope of 'breaking news'!

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Although I do have a tendency to keep checking Chris Phillip's twitter feed on a regular basis in the hope of 'breaking news'!

More chance of breaking wind at the moment.

So we have a mightily impressive 18 year old French striker named Amadou on trial. PB very impressed so far.
Given the claimed love of young exceptionally malnourished strikers on here I am somewhat surprised at the apparent, and inexplicable, lack of excitement..

Thanks s because he/she isn't posting .
continental ( therefore good) young ( therefore good) hungry ( therefore good) , none of us have seen them ( therefore very good). What is there not to like ?

we are going up , WE ARE GOING UP

Last edited:
So we have a mightily impressive 18 year old French striker named Amadou on trial. PB very impressed so far.
Given the claimed love of young exceptionally malnourished strikers on here I am somewhat surprised at the apparent, and inexplicable, lack of excitement..

A....Ma...dou dou dou

the French striker was quite impressive very speedy and a good target man .Missed a couple of sitters but won most things in the air . Worth another look in my view .

Amadou Soumah? Reims striker... 18 years old
Amadou_Soumah.png

http://formation.stade-de-reims.com/les-equipes/u19-nationaux/

Back