• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We defo need a few more additions. Certainly this French lad and dru yearwood would boost the numbers if signed, but another experienced CM and CB is a must. Pres season games to date have been less than impressive, but not helped by not having a fully fit squad as yet. Be interesting to see how we perform against Brighton which will be a huge test

We defo need a few more additions. Certainly this French lad and dru yearwood would boost the numbers if signed, but another experienced CM and CB is a must. Pres season games to date have been less than impressive, but not helped by not having a fully fit squad as yet. Be interesting to see how we perform against Brighton which will be a huge test

Indeed - Brighton battered Crawley 6-0 today, so will be interesting to see how we fare, particularly some of the younger players.

PB said tonight that things are in place to bring in one or two players, just need to get things finalised

hoping that one is a creative midfielder and the other a CB. Based on ore season so far they are defo key areas for me

PB said tonight that things are in place to bring in one or two players, just need to get things finalised

hoping that one is a creative midfielder and the other a CB. Based on ore season so far they are defo key areas for me

Agreed Shrimperjon I think those are our priorities, along with offering a year with the option of a second to Ba and resolving the Lenny situation one way or the other.

Where did PB make those comments tonight?

Agreed Shrimperjon I think those are our priorities, along with offering a year with the option of a second to Ba and resolving the Lenny situation one way or the other.

Where did PB make those comments tonight?

it was on Chris Phillips or the Southend twitter feed after the game

PB said tonight that things are in place to bring in one or two players, just need to get things finalised.

Hoping that one is a creative midfielder and the other a CB. Based on ore season so far they are defo key areas for me.

Thanks for that info. I have highlighted the phrase "one or two" as that seems to be quite important. Sign two people of the right quality and we are ready to go come 5th August. Just signing one would leave many of us still wondering if we have an area on the pitch where we are light.

I do hope that Browny is not talking about loan players - I will support these players when on the pitch but I don't think that is what we need at the moment.

We are nearly at the end of July and our first league game is next Saturday (just in case that detail had passed you by) so I would think Mr Brown will be working just as hard this week to secure a name or two.

So I hope there is some positive news during the week.

I think both players want to join but are still under contact. For example Kiernan needs to get Rangers to cancel his contact- Rangers probably would like a fee - danger is they choose to hold on- of course Kieran will threaten to stay and pick up a wage even if not playing..

I think both players want to join but are still under contact. For example Kiernan needs to get Rangers to cancel his contact- Rangers probably would like a fee - danger is they choose to hold on- of course Kieran will threaten to stay and pick up a wage even if not playing..

Sorry if I missed it KB but Kiernan is (we think) one, who is the second you are referring to? Forrester?

Sorry if I missed it KB but Kiernan is (we think) one, who is the second you are referring to? Forrester?

No not Forrester- think the CM is at a Champ club currently? But again think they are under contact. You may remember Jonathan Forte being at Southampton with a year to go on his contract when we wanted him- Southampton were willing to cancel his contract but Forte either wanted Southampton to pick up the difference on his wages or he would stay and play in the reserves (which he did).

this is why these things are complicated
- first the club has to agree to release the contracted player with no or nominal fee
- two the releasing club has to agree to contribute to wages or player agree to drop given we are unlikely to pay champ wages, notwithstanding the player can see out his contract

OR
- player agrees to take pay cut against maybe a longer contract and a return to those levels of wages if we get promoted

Back