• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I see Dominic Iorfa is left out of the Wolves squad and is looking certain to move? Am I right in thinking we would have a sell on and ££££ for the war chest?

Yes we do.

Although we want him to be sold due to being in demand rather than being unwanted or might not get a lot.

Reo Coker probably should retire. He got a contract at Start in the Norwegian equivalent to the Championship, and got his contract terminated after 3 months. After he struggled to make an impression in their second team (4th level)

I was trying to make sense of this, then realised you are talking about Nigel Reo-Coker. Unusual first post, but welcome and keep them coming now you have broken the ice.

Yes we do.

Although we want him to be sold due to being in demand rather than being unwanted or might not get a lot.

I think I saw £5m mentioned- even at that rather low level for him we could be talking up to £750k- puts Lenny into perspective- sell on fee for a inter-Championship transfer from Wolves to Leeds/Derby/Notts Forrest (if Twitter to believed) equals potentially over twice the embarrassingly meagre offer from Sheff U foe Lenny..

Anyway may the £££ if it happens could help with the CB/CM

I think I saw £5m mentioned- even at that rather low level for him we could be talking up to £750k- puts Lenny into perspective- sell on fee for a inter-Championship transfer from Wolves to Leeds/Derby/Notts Forrest (if Twitter to believed) equals potentially over twice the embarrassingly meagre offer from Sheff U foe Lenny..

Anyway may the £££ if it happens could help with the CB/CM

I think we have 10% sell on. Let's hope he goes for 5 million +

Phil said tonight after the game, that he "still has 2 or 3 deals on the go". Bit of a vague quote, as he didn't specify if they were contract renewals or new signings.

I'm wondering if the "wow" signing is Jack Payne....

I'm starting to wonder the same. It's no secret we need an attacking midfielder and was interesting to see that he didn't play any part in their pre-season friendly today. Quick look on their forum says that he was a fringe player last season and is absolutely nowhere near the standard required for the Premiership.

Wondering if Brown and Ron are working on a season long loan deal for him. CP hinted it was an ex-player and he could hit the ground running seeing as he knows most of the squad anyway.

I don't think Jack Payne would be considered a "Wow" signing. However, would welcome him back either as a loan or permanent move. Would prove it was too early to leave us and still needs to develop.

I'd say that Jack Payne would be a WOW signing. Brown never rated him the first time....

I'd take him back. One of a few players who can make things happen and has gained a years experience in Championship at a successful club.

It's also a deal that would suit all parties.

Payne gets a solid season playing regular football in League One in an area where all his friends and family are; we get a quality player who already knows and is friends with most of the squad and Huddersfield get Payne some first team action with a manager who knows how to get the best out of him.

I don't think Jack Payne would be considered a "Wow" signing. However, would welcome him back either as a loan or permanent move. Would prove it was too early to leave us and still needs to develop.

Given a chance to play in the Championship and a huge increase in salary , I would argue otherwise

I would say for us a young player who cost £500k just last year would have the wow factor.
Danger would be Huddersfield would likely prefer to loan him to Championship but not completely impossible.
Can't to see him getting games in the Prem this season

How would he fit into our team now? Cannot see him taking cox's place or the playing up top with him? Too lightweight for CM

Back