• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would say for us a young player who cost £500k just last year would have the wow factor.
Danger would be Huddersfield would likely prefer to loan him to Championship but not completely impossible.
Can't to see him getting games in the Prem this season

I did wonder about that, but at his age the most important thing for him is to be playing games. I'm not sure he would be guaranteed that in the Championship.

How would he fit into our team now? Cannot see him taking cox's place or the playing up top with him? Too lightweight for CM

I've never really bought into this idea that Payne can't play CM. It was, after all, his track back and tackle at Wembley which won back possession for Weston to tee up the pig. The rest is history.

I've never really bought into this idea that Payne can't play CM. It was, after all, his track back and tackle at Wembley which won back possession for Weston to tee up the pig. The rest is history.

Seen so many goals , can't really recall that one .......

Personally I wouldn't want him back, he doesn't fit into our system. He's not a wow man for me, we were lucky to get 600k for him. we have better players than him at the club now.

To play JP in his position, we would have to stick one forward up front and play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 or 3-4-3 etc. Our real strength is 4-4-2!

It's gone so quiet on the signings front. Not a peep from chris phillips. Other than talks are on going.

We are well under way in ore season now. My worry is that with Wordsworth out injured and Lenny still at risk of a move away it would leave is with no midfield going into an opening day fixture against a champions elect.

It's gone so quiet on the signings front. Not a peep from chris phillips. Other than talks are on going.

We are well under way in ore season now. My worry is that with Wordsworth out injured and Lenny still at risk of a move away it would leave is with no midfield going into an opening day fixture against a champions elect.

If Lenny goes then our finances and effort will have to be on a different target than if he stays. There are a couple of names in the frame but can the manger be sure Lenny will stay if a further offer arrives from Sheff U.

So what would any of you do in PB's shoes ?

Champions elect? Dear me. There is a reason Blackburn, like us, are in League One; they're not particularly good. We're not up against Real Madrid.

If Lenny goes then our finances and effort will have to be on a different target than if he stays. There are a couple of names in the frame but can the manger be sure Lenny will stay if a further offer arrives from Sheff U.

It's impossible for PB to make any concrete plans when he doesn't know if Lenny will be here or not.

I would rather we keep him but if he is to go then we need to know and quickly to be able to get a replacement in with the cash. I think a bid of 650k with add ons will be accepted if offered.

I still think it's vital we sign another centre half a midfielder and maybe a young prem striker on loan.

If Lenny goes we have to spend money on a defensive midfielder to replace him. I'm sure PB has already identified targets but our budget for the targets is very much dependent on whether Lenny stays or not.

It's impossible for PB to make any concrete plans when he doesn't know if Lenny will be here or not.

I would rather we keep him but if he is to go then we need to know and quickly to be able to get a replacement in with the cash. I think a bid of 650k with add ons will be accepted if offered.

I still think it's vital we sign another centre half a midfielder and maybe a young prem striker on loan.

If Lenny goes we have to spend money on a defensive midfielder to replace him. I'm sure PB has already identified targets but our budget for the targets is very much dependent on whether Lenny stays or not.

I believe there is a CB lined up on loan. 2 midfield targets but with Ranger due to be released I doubt there will be any forwards on the shopping list.

I believe there is a CB lined up on loan. 2 midfield targets but with Ranger due to be released I doubt there will be any forwards on the shopping list.

We don't want kids on loan thanks. We've plenty of our own who are ready for the first team squad. The only reason to sign anyone at all in any position is if we can get some quality to improve on what we have, not help fund / train other clubs' yoofs.

According to a twitter source called Transfer Centre, Sheffield United have agreed to buy the Oxford captain and mid-field player, John Lundstrom, for 550,000. If true, that development presumably would kill Sheffield's interest in Ryan Leonard.

Care to enlighten us near mortals? Or at least give us some vague idea of time scales or any info would be appreciated.

As Pigott teed it up , I was definitely standing in my designated spot , but yes , after the goal went in I did end up half way down Wembley Way !!!

Jeez Danny, it ain't golf you know. Keep posting by the way, and I'll keep practicing.

I'd have looked to sign someone last January who we could begin bedding in and developing, like Tilly did with Mark Bentley.

I'd look to initially play them as a squad player so off the subs bench and/or in wide midfield (as Sturrock did with the man he may be replacing, and as Ricky Duncan did with Dru Yearwood) so that it's an easier transition.

Back