• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am I the only one a bit confused as to why PB is not actively seeking a striker?

If we want to have a serious chance of promotion, then in my mind Cox, MAF and Theo and a massively unfit/unavailable Ranger, doesn't scream prolific to me?

OK it's not the end of the world if you don't have a 20-25 goal man up top (Perhaps Cox can get somewhere near that if he stays fit?) as long as the midfield is chipping in on the regular. But, it would certainly help.

Appreciate everyone wants a 25 goal striker and with that comes a price tag to match, that will be out of our reach. But, I certainly think we need another...

Vaughan scored 24 goals for Bury and they avoided relegation by 1 point. We don't need 5 forwards, we scored more goals than Bolton but they had the best defence and its teams with the best defences that get promoted/play-offs in each division.

I did say we could have a forward on loan but lets not forget that Ranger was badly injured v Sheffield early last season and didn't start another game until mid October. He scored his first goal mid November and with the other 3 forwards already here and settled we are still in a better position than at the start of last season.

Not really no... I think MK can play that role if need be and I personally think he'd do a good job if needed. I think we're one player short and that's a CB.

Agree, i think McGlashan could (may have done last season?) do a temporary job up front if needed as well.

Agree, i think McGlashan could (may have done last season?) do a temporary job up front if needed as well.
Didn't he play up there for 20 mins or so when there were a lot of injuries? Think he may even have scored.

Vaughan scored 24 goals for Bury and they avoided relegation by 1 point. We don't need 5 forwards, we scored more goals than Bolton but they had the best defence and its teams with the best defences that get promoted/play-offs in each division.

I did say we could have a forward on loan but lets not forget that Ranger was badly injured v Sheffield early last season and didn't start another game until mid October. He scored his first goal mid November and with the other 3 forwards already here and settled we are still in a better position than at the start of last season.

Kightly in the hole behind Cox could cause absolute havoc.

Given Ranger is staying wasting any of the budget that needs focussing on CM and CB would be a nonsense. Ranger will be fit enough for the bench reasonably soon- in the meantime it will be MAF and Cox with Theo from the bench. If needed yes Kightly could go in the hole but actually McLaughlin could easily be pushed forward too. It is also not entirely unlikely that we may off Ansah a contract (he would be cheap and again provide cover).

Am I the only one a bit confused as to why PB is not actively seeking a striker?

I'd imagine it's because of the significant amount of money already tied up at the position.

I'd expect a cheap loanee to cover for Ranger just before the summer transfer window closes.

No thanks. He was a good striker then had a serious knee injury, after which he only scored one goal in 17 games for Rotherham.
I can't link to it on my phone, but a quick google and you will find an article by their local paper on his time there. To call it negative is an understatement, the article tears him apart as both th a footballer and a person. Well worth h a read if any one else can find it and put here

I see Dominic Iorfa is left out of the Wolves squad and is looking certain to move? Am I right in thinking we would have a sell on and ££££ for the war chest?

I see Dominic Iorfa is left out of the Wolves squad and is looking certain to move? Am I right in thinking we would have a sell on and ££££ for the war chest?

That depends. He's out of their squad because their new continental manager has signed a coachload of mercenaries and his place in the squad is under threat. He may be initiating a move himself, which could be interesting depending on who's interested.. He played for Phil and Southend didn't he?

That depends. He's out of their squad because their new continental manager has signed a coachload of mercenaries and his place in the squad is under threat. He may be initiating a move himself, which could be interesting depending on who's interested.. He played for Phil and Southend didn't he?

Not in a million years. He is worth fortunes and is on fortunes

Back