• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown not interested in a striker if his quotes this morning are to go by. Cox, MAF and Robinson plus one of the youngsters should be enough with plenty of goals from the midfield hopefully.

Potential "Wow" player (or not)

Following on from numerous names being thrown around with regards to who this mystery player is, I'll chuck another name into the mix...

A work colleague informed me earlier today that we are interested in Tom Huddlestone.

Not sure of his source, but make of that what you will.

This one?

b92b5adc8c0fe452617d2aae568bc2dddadba793331743794b9225a7cb867fda.jpg

Am I the only one a bit confused as to why PB is not actively seeking a striker?

If we want to have a serious chance of promotion, then in my mind Cox, MAF and Theo and a massively unfit/unavailable Ranger, doesn't scream prolific to me?

OK it's not the end of the world if you don't have a 20-25 goal man up top (Perhaps Cox can get somewhere near that if he stays fit?) as long as the midfield is chipping in on the regular. But, it would certainly help.

Appreciate everyone wants a 25 goal striker and with that comes a price tag to match, that will be out of our reach. But, I certainly think we need another...

Am I the only one a bit confused as to why PB is not actively seeking a striker?

If we want to have a serious chance of promotion, then in my mind Cox, MAF and Theo and a massively unfit/unavailable Ranger, doesn't scream prolific to me?

OK it's not the end of the world if you don't have a 20-25 goal man up top (Perhaps Cox can get somewhere near that if he stays fit?) as long as the midfield is chipping in on the regular. But, it would certainly help.

Appreciate everyone wants a 25 goal striker and with that comes a price tag to match, that will be out of our reach. But, I certainly think we need another...

Not really no... I think MK can play that role if need be and I personally think he'd do a good job if needed. I think we're one player short and that's a CB.

Back