• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spearing is a very good player, but was one of Bolton's biggest earners and rejected a new contract from Bolton because it was a lot less than he was on before. He is expected to go to Blackburn or Wigan. I doubt he would want to come south, but if he did he would not be cheap.

To me a WOW signing has to be a real name player,former international,someone whose played Premier league.Maybe still with a premier league club but wants out as he just a bench warmer for them now.Rooney fitted the bill ,but he ignored my advice and went back home to Everton.He will score more goals for Everton than Lakuku will for Man u.

A target man up top on a 6 month loan would make sense. This would give us time to fully asses the Ranger situation.

That makes sense to me also, Theo & MAF can't do the full 90 minutes week in week out, Which currently only leaves Coxy doing the full length, We need a sensible short term loan option for a Ranger style player until he's done his porridge and is back up to match fitness.

As for other areas, another centre back should be 1st on Phil's shopping list, followed by an additional centre midfielder. & If i'm really being picky, I would like to see another quality left midfielder coming in to challenge McLaughlin (It would make sense to utilise Coker in his absense, but if Hendrie gets injured, we look really weak down the left side. Remember we were up **** creek with out a paddle at the back end of last season, and had to use Timlin on the left flank, he did ok overall, but perhaps it was more luck than judgement, as he constantly drifted out of position & back into more of a centre midfield role.

Maybe someone like Frazer Campbell. Played for Brown at Hull city. Due to be released by Palace. Seems to have lost his way but would be a class act at this level.

Maybe someone like Frazer Campbell. Played for Brown at Hull city. Due to be released by Palace. Seems to have lost his way but would be a class act at this level.
Think he could do better than us still, but not a bad shout. Guess it would fit the mould of a wow signing but Brown doesn't seem to be publicly interested in a ST

I don't see how he could get fit. Apparently had a career threatening knee injury, and by all accounts was pants after the injury and very slow.

Brown loves a gamble on a player like that and often it pays off, but with the squad looking the way it is (and with him admitting it will be smaller) for me he really needs to forget about more injury-prone gambles and look at getting someone in who can be relied upon to be available for most of the minimum 51-game season ahead.

Off the top of my head, of our squad, the following are no strangers to the treatment table:

Ferdinand, Turner, Kightly, Wordsworth, Timlin, Ranger, Coker, McLaughlin.

That's 8 players who you can probably expect to miss games through injury this season. At the moment, the squad is too small.

I wonder if the midfielder we are chasing is Harry Pell from Cheltenham. Their local press is talking about League One clubs sniffing around, he's an Essex boy so might want to move back our way. Could be a decent signing, but would need to pay a fee for him (I think that was mentioned in a previous article/tweet by Chris Phillips).

I wonder if the midfielder we are chasing is Harry Pell from Cheltenham. Their local press is talking about League One clubs sniffing around, he's an Essex boy so might want to move back our way. Could be a decent signing, but would need to pay a fee for him (I think that was mentioned in a previous article/tweet by Chris Phillips).

Exactly the type of player we should be looking at IMO. Physically strong and scores goals.

IF it was Lambert I don't think I would be that excited. Is he any good anymore?

Actually after doing a bit of research he is 35 now. It's easy to forget just how many years he played at our level prior to getting his big break at Southampton.

Only got 4 goals last season. That said, we already have Cox, Robinson, Fortune and eventually Ranger so as a fifth striker we could definitely do worse. But I'd imagine at this stage in his career he'd want to go somewhere where he'd start most games.

Actually after doing a bit of research he is 35 now. It's easy to forget just how many years he played at our level prior to getting his big break at Southampton.

Only got 4 goals last season. That said, we already have Cox, Robinson, Fortune and eventually Ranger so as a fifth striker we could definitely do worse. But I'd imagine at this stage in his career he'd want to go somewhere where he'd start most games.

Well we can scrap Ranger for until at least November and even then I don't think he'll be fit enough. As it stands I think we need another striker but Brown has come out and said he wants two more signings being a centre midfielder and a central defender so who knows. But if Lambert could get us 8-10 goals I think that would be pretty decent.

Back