• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wouldnt you say WOW ! if you got a text message saying im so and so and want out from my club, especially if that so and so was the one and only BILEL! :smile:

We had a positive goal difference of 17 last season - that's good but Sheffield United had a goal difference of +45 - that's over double ours.

We have the same strike force from last season so if we can improve the defence then we (Southend United) should be getting more points over the course of the season.

Hash tag: Attackstartswithasounddefence

Our presumed first choice centre half pairing has a combined age of 65. That's not staying the course of a 49-game (minimum) season. We need cover.

The full 'wow' quote changes things considerably. The context of Brown adding 'will make the division say "these guys mean business"' is realistically someway different from a 'wow' signing. It's now just likely to be a player recognised as one who'd be of the top bracket for League One. I'd be thinking someone at a Championship club who's not been playing regularly/doesn't stand to feature next season.

Last edited:
Wouldnt you say WOW ! if you got a text message saying im so and so and want out from my club, especially if that so and so was the one and only BILEL! :smile:

No thanks. I enjoyed his time here , it was at a time we needed something to cheer us up, but with what we are trying to achieve he is not the person. Too mad , look at what he's done since he left, nothing but cause upset everywhere. Ability, tee, in abundance , mentally , a child, a badly behaved child at that!

Our presumed first choice centre half pairing has a combined age of 65. That's not staying the course of a 49-game (minimum) season. We need cover.

The full 'wow' quote changes things considerably. The context of Brown adding 'will make the division say "these guys mean business"' is realistically someway different from a 'wow' signing. It's now just likely to be a player recognised as one who'd be of the top bracket for League One. I'd be thinking someone at a Championship club who's not been playing regularly/doesn't stand to feature next season.

Phil Brown is in talks with another centre back, so he knows it won't be ideal for those two to play every week. Cover in case of injuries as well of course. Michael Kightly by the way won't be playing against Ipswich today, but will play against Braintree.

A target man up top on a 6 month loan would make sense. This would give us time to fully asses the Ranger situation.

Agree with this. An injury to MAF and we will be struggling to hold the ball up top. That and a playmaker CM and CB and we are done
:thumbsup:

Haven't read all the replies but has Jay Spearing been mentioned yet as the 'wow' signing? Ex Liverpool, part of a promotion winning Bolton team. Not a massive name, but could be him.

Back