• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Browns quote was 'the whole place would be wow'. Don't think most of these names mentioned would do that. JET has the talent but clearly not the application.

Browns quote was 'the whole place would be wow'. Don't think most of these names mentioned would do that. JET has the talent but clearly not the application.

CP on JET just now...

I won't repeat the exact response I got when I mentioned this a few weeks back but I think it's safe to say he won't sign for us!

I'd just be happy if they're under 30 and capable of playing 40+ games a season. At this rate, Ron is going to have to adapt his FF plan again to incorporate a sheltered housing scheme for the players.

The full quote:

"I’ve been text by a player, he’s trying to get out of his club and if it happens then I think the whole place will say wow these guys mean business,”

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves as to what Wow constitutes.

If we signed a decent ex-Championship player people would still say wow these guys mean business. Not sure why people think it has to be a premiership player.

The full quote:

"I’ve been text by a player, he’s trying to get out of his club and if it happens then I think the whole place will say wow these guys mean business,”

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves as to what Wow constitutes.

If we signed a decent ex-Championship player people would still say wow these guys mean business. Not sure why people think it has to be a premiership player.

Because wow to you might mean differently for others. We've just signed an ex premier and Championship player and when the deal was being discussed, PB never mentioned WOW at any point.

The full quote:

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves as to what "wow" constitutes.

If we signed a decent ex-Championship player people would still say "wow these guys mean business". Not sure why people think it has to be a premiership player.

Good point(s) ........... I would suggest that the "wow" relates to the overall team/squad that has been amassed once this mystery player comes aboard.

........... and I wonder if this mystery player is being mentioned to Lenny. "Here son, howay, with you alongside Mr Mystery in midfield, I tell thee Lenny you'd be best sticking rite here. Now bonny lad n'er mind your agent, just sign at the bottom."

I think now the full quote is out there - less of the player is a "wow", but more "wow, these guys mean business". Thats 2 completely different things and now could be anyone decent really from anywhere.

I'd even put someone like JET into a "wow, these guys mean business" at a stretch.

I think now the full quote is out there - less of the player is a "wow", but more "wow, these guys mean business". Thats 2 completely different things and now could be anyone decent really from anywhere.

I'd even put someone like JET into a "wow, these guys mean business" at a stretch.
Including a player who was useless (apart from 2 games against us) for a team in the same league as us who nearly got relegated really is a stretch. In fact I think clubs would think the opposite of 'wow, these guys mean business' if we sign JET.

JET would be a decent temporary replacement for Ranger. He scored ten goals in his first 21 games for Gillingham last season. Then hopefully by the time he's lost interest Ranger will be back. :thumbsup:

Back