• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Alan McCormack Signs

Not from me you didn’t :Winking:
Ron intended to pay the debt in full, he ended up not as he .. well .. couldn’t, but I don’t think anyone mentioned the embargo being lifted. The EFL are a law unto themselves and that worries me a tad. Never mind players being in the crosshairs I think we’re in theirs.

Ron intended to pay the debt in full, he ended up not as he .. well .. couldn’t, but I don’t think anyone mentioned the embargo being lifted. The EFL are a law unto themselves and that worries me a tad. Never mind players being in the crosshairs I think we’re in theirs.

That’s all well and good mate, but I’m not sure what that’s got to do with me? ???‍♂️

I wasn’t calling anyone out for getting it wrong.

That’s all well and good mate, but I’m not sure what that’s got to do with me? ???‍♂️

I wasn’t calling anyone out for getting it wrong.
Think I was replying to the post you replied to ?.. posts coming thick and fast!

Reactions: GBJ
That is a little harsh I thought the youngsters at the end of last season, the team in the friendlies ( for what they are worth) and against Gillingham showed some fight and effort. I am taking Harrogate as a blip as it was way different to what we had seen / read
Yep thats fair, perhaps a bit harsh, i guess im still thinking off our "first team" squad from the beginning of last season.

should have said more grit then all of our players.

I figured thats what it was, becuase I was lost otherwise ? ??
Yeah apologies. Was replying to the bloke who was talking about the ‘‘Ron’s gonna pay up and we’ll be all square” posts. Let’s face it that was never gonna happen..but it was sold that way initially by some within the club. I’ll quote more carefully in future ?

Reactions: GBJ
That is a little harsh I thought the youngsters at the end of last season, the team in the friendlies ( for what they are worth) and against Gillingham showed some fight and effort. I am taking Harrogate as a blip as it was way different to what we had seen / read

Personally,I don't think Harrogate was any sort of blip,in fact I'm expecting a continuation at Carlisle on Saturday. :Scared:

well john white should be able to cut the mustard at this level when he's back, we've got a new striker, a new midfielder and a bit of luck and we may be ok.

funny old game that we still live in hope after all these years lol.

A tough one to call.

I think in any other situation then having him not only on the pitch (albeit for a limited amount of time) but also in and around the dressing room with his experience and commitment, it would be a no brainer - get him in.

However, this is not an ordinary situation, we are limited to just 23 pros which means you need someone who is going to warrant taking up one of those valuable spaces by playing week in week out.

I'd love him back but think the later point is more of a prerequisite than the former, thanks but no thanks

A tough one to call.

I think in any other situation then having him not only on the pitch (albeit for a limited amount of time) but also in and around the dressing room with his experience and commitment, it would be a no brainer - get him in.

However, this is not an ordinary situation, we are limited to just 23 pros which means you need someone who is going to warrant taking up one of those valuable spaces by playing week in week out.

I'd love him back but think the later point is more of a prerequisite than the former, thanks but no thanks

It’s the equivalent of ORM turning out for SZ back in the day

Reactions: GNH
36 yr old who probably should be dropping out of the football league now will be an improvement on what we have.
Looked on their forum and people there pick their MotM each match and then over the season they tally up the points (3 pts for MotM, 2 for 2nd place, 1 for 3rd place) and despite McCormack's lack of games he ended up coming third overall. He's clearly still good enough for this level if he can stay fit (and obviously fitness is the big concern).

Back