• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Alan McCormack Signs

Yes, I can imagine MM was knocking at Ron's door saying, can we please sign Alan McCormack, I've been keeping tabs on him, and he's just the type of player I require.

Exactly this. Smacks of another Ron power trip. "Hmm who did a load of fans like - ah yea, that average, over the hill, injury prone midfielder. I'll sign him for my club and everyone will LOVE ME!!!!!"

Stinks. I dont want McCormack back at all, yet the sad state of our club is that he's probably what we need right now, which annoys me even more!

Get him in on a 6 month deal. If he’s legs hold up and remains injure free, extended to the end of the season.

If the embargo had been lifted I'd be happy with bringing him back because it sounds like he's still good enough for this level, since we can only sign players if we sell one though then we need to be signing players that can last the full 90 every match.

Think he'd be a great signing personally. I'm usually dead against bringing back former players, but on this occasion it's exactly what we need.

My only concern would be that if we intend to be under this embargo for much longer, it is a precious place in a limited squad, and so I'd sooner bring in someone who can play every game.

If we lift the embargo though the opportunity to bring in someone with his experience, work rate and leadership qualities probably isn't going to come along too often.

About as experienced your going to find at this level , we are crying out for a tough defense minded player , im not to up on my League 2 CM's so if not AMc who else is out there that would be an ideal fit for our team ?

I bet OBL is still in contact with him and she’s gone suspiciously quiet.

Has McCormack done his coaching badges? This would be one means by which we could recruit and then register after the embargo is lifted.

Beggars cannot be choosers.

Here we have someone who knows the club, knows the fans and, more importantly, knows the risks of coming here. He'll fill that minder role in the middle of the park that we do desperately lack. I can see the logic in this move, it will not be a financial burden and frankly, we are really going to struggle to get anyone better.

K

Beggars cannot be choosers.

Here we have someone who knows the club, knows the fans and, more importantly, knows the risks of coming here. He'll fill that minder role in the middle of the park that we do desperately lack. I can see the logic in this move, it will not be a financial burden and frankly, we are really going to struggle to get anyone better.

K
If it’s true then I hope MM is onside with this

Back