• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Alan McCormack Signs

Looked on their forum and people there pick their MotM each match and then over the season they tally up the points (3 pts for MotM, 2 for 2nd place, 1 for 3rd place) and despite McCormack's lack of games he ended up coming third overall. He's clearly still good enough for this level if he can stay fit (and obviously fitness is the big concern).

Lets hope his Indian summer goes on for another season

Looking with horror at the children we currently have playing in the middle of the park the prospect of a CM duo of of dieng and macca looks world class in comparison.

I would imagine the logic behind bringing in a player like this goes far beyond what he does for 70/90 mins on a Saturday.

How many stories have we all heard about disjointed dressing rooms and poor training ground attitudes?

McCormack is exactly the type of character that players like Hutchinson, Kelman, Gard, Egbri, Taylor HAVENT had barking at them Monday to Friday demanding better standards. His influence won’t be what he brings to the side it’ll be what he helps those players bring to it.

Saturdays will only be a small part of what he brings.

BTW from what we’ve read on here he is also exactly what the critics have said we need and he is in far better shape than a Timlin who many would’ve died to have onboard last season and this!

I would imagine the logic behind bringing in a player like this goes far beyond what he does for 70/90 mins on a Saturday.

How many stories have we all heard about disjointed dressing rooms and poor training ground attitudes?

McCormack is exactly the type of character that players like Hutchinson, Kelman, Gard, Egbri, Taylor HAVENT had barking at them Monday to Friday demanding better standards. His influence won’t be what he brings to the side it’ll be what he helps those players bring to it.

Saturdays will only be a small part of what he brings.

BTW from what we’ve read on here he is also exactly what the critics have said we need and he is in far better shape than a Timlin who many would’ve died to have onboard last season and this!

Also remember last time he was here he took a couple of weeks off to go on holiday during our relegation season because he had the hump (pretty sure it was because he wasn't paid?). I'll be happy to have him back but lets not go overboard.

Also remember last time he was here he took a couple of weeks off to go on holiday during our relegation season because he had the hump (pretty sure it was because he wasn't paid?). I'll be happy to have him back but lets not go overboard.

I’d forgotten about that. Still, you can’t blame them too much. Who amoung us would carry on turning up for a shift at their place of work, if they hadn’t been paid for months?

Wouldn't read to much into that as all the players including AB all downed tools on the pitch when not being paid.As for taking holidays during the season I remember someone called RM taking an extended one when the club was falling apart managerial wise last season.

Frankly if MM wants to stick to playing it out from the back he is absolutely the person to be sat in from of the back- absolutely bossed it against us last time in that position, everything went thru him and he gave the ball away zero times. We also currently have zero people who can do what he now does as well.

But would need him fit and playing regularly - no-one should be question what he brings in terms of quality at L1 level let alone L2

Back