• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 2-1 Southend United

This is the one that really hurts and should be pinned on the changing room wall for the rest of the season!

Comment from a Fylde fan:

"Get in. About time we got a win. We were the better side. Super nick Haughton. Southend were awful."
Abouts sums it up though , I though they were good value for the win , they played quick aggressive football and ran at us with pace - like someone said we had a couple of warnings a few minutes before the winning goal where Fylde broke and six of their players bust a gut to get forward and get on the end of the chance , it was a shame for them that their player who was carrying the ball made an awful decision to shoot rather than lay it off to the several options he has to his left and right .

No complaints about the result but for me apart from Muncur the recruitment has been poor this season and the slowing down to keep the ball at all costs is getting frustrating and giving lesser sides time to get their shape and drop into a low block . This in turn means we almost have to score the perfect goal to break the 2 banks of four

Well done for your efforts Jon and safe journey home.

I took the lazy option and watched on the box so you don’t always get the same sight on the positioning. I felt we were on top until the handbrakes came off with the subs though. Taking off Morton for KAF and dropping Husin back we seemed to lose our shape. And ultimately it was Noor who didn’t get the block in for the winner.
This is what I don't get. Taking Morton off on Saturday and dropping Husin back, left us open then, and Maher does exactly the same tonight - this is unacceptable management as he's clearly not learning!!

Glad you enjoy losing to back to back pub teams.

Just because you’re happy with it doesn’t mean everyone else has to be.

The go support Man City take is pathetic and the second time you’ve spun it.
Never said I was happy with it. The simple fact is that some people have to get over this big club so must be in the Football League mentality. Acceptance that we are in a rebuild phase makes life so much easier to deal with. We were an established third tier club yo-yoing between 3rd and 4th tier until two monumental back to back promotions. That first promotion seemed so far off when Anton Johnson was around and Bobby Moore was managing. Crowds of 2,000 and dire football (arguably worse than we are seeing currently).

We are now firmly a 5th tier club that survived by the skin of its teeth. We rebuilt after Anton, we can do the same after Ron but not at the expense of blowing money. Get a few weeks of this new squad playing, get some fit forwards and if we are still in the bottom six then is the time to start asking questions.

1 week ago this place was full of how fantastic we are. Reality hurts but acceptance of what’s happened over the last few years and last 3 months really helps.

Hmmmm, instant success? We have played this brand of football for three years, under Maher, and off-field issues, though impacting, are not the whole problem.
We are light on bodies but the side we have is more than capable of performing better than it is. Punished for the second successive game for removing Gubbins and Morton, a third of our defensive outfield, is a bewildering situation. Good managers play safe and great managers take risks. Good managers win respect and great managers win titles. Maher is going from a potentially good manager to a kamikaze pilot.
Pepple may be a player in the making but we don't have the two years to wait. Let Luton do their own work. The players out injured will help the cause a bit but, they are not the answer to all our problems.
Just let the team play football. So many times they look like they are constrained by the tactics. Possession is great but not when it is causing no problem to the opposition. This league needs pace, goals, a spattering of good football and a few brick sh#thouses to win it.
Carry on as we are and we will be remembered as the 'nearly team' and a great opportunity will be spurned.

Abouts sums it up though , I though they were good value for the win , they played quick aggressive football and ran at us with pace - like someone said we had a couple of warnings a few minutes before the winning goal where Fylde broke and six of their players bust a gut to get forward and get on the end of the chance , it was a shame for them that their player who was carrying the ball made an awful decision to shoot rather than lay it off to the several options he has to his left and right .

No complaints about the result but for me apart from Muncur the recruitment has been poor this season and the slowing down to keep the ball at all costs is getting frustrating and giving lesser sides time to get their shape and drop into a low block . This in turn means we almost have to score the perfect goal to break the 2 banks of four
They did counter attack with speed and numbers - such a contrast to our laboured play. There was another chance before that too, where Ralph made a fantastic last ditch tackle at pace just before the guy got his shot off

I decided last night to not post anything until today, cool head and all that stuff. That was not a memorable performance by any means, the first half especially was very cagey where we spent more time soaking up any opposition pressure (there wasn't much) and just trying to keep things tight than attacking. I sort of understood that given last Saturday's performance, but then we had a collective brain fart and just before the H/T whistle we're 0-1 down. I'd imagine that more corrective advice was offered in the away dressing room as the second half showed us picking up the tempo and getting numbers forward, rewarded by Gussy lashing home an equaliser. At 1-1 I really thought we would go on to win, but not to be as we fell foul of the sucker punch right at the death and Fylde scored the winner with a shot I wish one on the Southend forwards could have managed during the 94 minutes played.

I could bang on about all that is wrong with the side and what we need to do to make things better, but I'm not that much of an expert, neither do I have a beef with Chris Phillips and Victoria doing the commentary, as I thought they did ok, so I won't drone on (in joke there). Onward to Solihull Moors now and who knows how we will do there. We are still a work in progress, regardless of what the experts on here say, so lets hope we get to where kev and co want to be before the season ends.

Hmmmm, instant success? We have played this brand of football for three years, under Maher, and off-field issues, though impacting, are not the whole problem.
We are light on bodies but the side we have is more than capable of performing better than it is. Punished for the second successive game for removing Gubbins and Morton, a third of our defensive outfield, is a bewildering situation. Good managers play safe and great managers take risks. Good managers win respect and great managers win titles. Maher is going from a potentially good manager to a kamikaze pilot.
Pepple may be a player in the making but we don't have the two years to wait. Let Luton do their own work. The players out injured will help the cause a bit but, they are not the answer to all our problems.
Just let the team play football. So many times they look like they are constrained by the tactics. Possession is great but not when it is causing no problem to the opposition. This league needs pace, goals, a spattering of good football and a few brick sh#thouses to win it.
Carry on as we are and we will be remembered as the 'nearly team' and a great opportunity will be spurned.
Absolutely this - it’s not rocket science

Not sure what Kensdale has done and tbh I don't care. Ask him to apologise, shake hands and get him back in the team!
Nile Ranger was given so many chances so why can't we forgive and forget when it comes to Kensdale?

View attachment 33992
Kev calming everyone down
Was it that bad at the end?
Why do footballers think they have this god given right not to be criticized when 99% of people in private sector jobs would be on the end of it if they were not performing how they should.

I was luckier, in the sense I only had to endure that rubbish from the comfort of my sofa, and didn't trouser £100 odd quid, use day off work and 12 hours on a coach journey on a Tuesday night.

Those fans who travelled have EVERY right to vent their frustrations so Gus and others who were playing part time football before we came along need to wind their necks in a little bit.

That part ****ed me off as much as the performances especially after the usual pre match comments from Bridge and the like saying they need to put it right well put it right boys instead of talking a good game in the local rag.

We worked hard to get back in the game and at 1-1 you felt we’d push on but we simply didn’t and in the end it was no surprise that they won and that hurts. After the performance I would have taken a draw as don’t think either team really deserved to win but to lose in injury time is hard to take.

I was there too, but amidst the Fylde fans. I agree with much of what you say but I thought we did push on after equalising. Kev's subs were intended to do so. There were then two upfront and KAF and GSM made it four at times. This left us open at the back and Fylde should have scored two goals before that last gasp winner. They broke very swiftly in numbers and overwhelmed our reduced defence.

Peppin looks good but lacks pace. Moncur does everything right except shoot. Bonnie seems lost - hopefully due to lack of fitness. GSM is superb.

Why do footballers think they have this god given right not to be criticized when 99% of people in private sector jobs would be on the end of it if they were not performing how they should.

I was luckier, in the sense I only had to endure that rubbish from the comfort of my sofa, and didn't trouser £100 odd quid, use day off work and 12 hours on a coach journey on a Tuesday night.

Those fans who travelled have EVERY right to vent their frustrations so Gus and others who were playing part time football before we came along need to wind their necks in a little bit.

That part ****ed me off as much as the performances especially after the usual pre match comments from Bridge and the like saying they need to put it right well put it right boys instead of talking a good game in the local rag.
Especially as most of them were given new contracts with likely pay rises.

Based on that alone, I would have expected improved performances, not the other way around!!

Why are the so called 3 amigos, keep persisting with a formation when Plan A is not working and they don’t seem to have any other plan!!

Play a 442

Surely it’s this simple!!!
Plan A nearly got us promoted last year. A manager has so many things to consider so a structure and system helps them and the players.

Barely anyone plays 4 4 2 anymore, and there's a good reason for that.

Not sure what Kensdale has done and tbh I don't care. Ask him to apologise, shake hands and get him back in the team!
Nile Ranger was given so many chances so why can't we forgive and forget when it comes to Kensdale?
Would say there is absolutely no chance on this planet of this happening. Let’s just go with the reason that it would have already happened by now rather than what the rumours suggest. As it’s been mentioned a lot on here that chapter is closed and Kensdale won’t be playing for us again but he is replaceable and not the main issue in my opinion.

It has already been stated by Maher that Kensdale will not play for Southend again. So I think we just leave it at that.

Back