• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 2-1 Southend United

On the BOT coach home. A very quiet place at the moment. A mix of anger, frustration, confusion and despair. I can take losing but it’s the manner of defeat that hurts. Fylde were nothing special but we made them look a much better team than they are. They had conceded 18’goals before tonight and we hardly laid a punch on them. If I’m right the only shot we had on target was the goal. Otherwise we were toothless. We simply don’t gamble. Fylde did and scored the winner. I left home at 11:30am this morning and will be home around 03:00am tomorrow. We deserve better. Around 200 of us there tonight and we got behind the team and gave them the support. What we got in return was poor. I can take losing but it’s the manner of defeat that hurts.

Defence looked comfortable mostly although we left ourselves open second half especially after Gubbins and Morton went off. Not sure how Morton gets taken off but Bridge stays on. Seemed the wrong sub to me. Midfield works hard but we are lacking that cutting edge. Husin and Moncur in particular play some lovely stuff but when it comes to the final third we seem to lack. One shot tonight on target against a very poor side is simply not good enough. I get that we have players missing but that staring 11 today should be good enough to win that game tonight. Our top scorer thank god is our RWB. That tells you all you need to know. Bonne and Pepple work hard but still don’t look match fit. Kev tonight said that there is no imminent incomings. Need to hope Walker at least comes back soon as feel he he will offer a spark. So I believe there were around 200 of us there tonight and there was a lot of frustration and anger directed towards Kev and the players. Gus clearly took it personally and confronted the fans before being dragged away, he of all the players doesn’t deserve the stick, least it showed he cared. Kev looked very upset and disappointed also and held his hands up and apologised but he will know that that tonight was not good enough. We worked hard to get back in the game and at 1-1 you felt we’d push on but we simply didn’t and in the end it was no surprise that they won and that hurts. After the performance I would have taken a draw as don’t think either team really deserved to win but to lose in injury time is hard to take.

So onto to Solihull and another very tough game. No doubt there will be 400-500 shrimpers there but the pressure is staring to build on Kev and this squad. Whether it should or not is debatable. It’s only 9 games in but it already feels like a season of stability and then have a real go next season. I think this team is good enough to make playoffs with the games left but something needs to change in personnel and also tactics. The handbrake needs to be taken off and allow the players to express themselves more.

Anyway we shall be there Saturday and it will be my 1000th game. I’ve had many of these journeys home during that time and sure there will be many more but I’m certain one day the good times will return
Well done for your efforts Jon and safe journey home.

I took the lazy option and watched on the box so you don’t always get the same sight on the positioning. I felt we were on top until the handbrakes came off with the subs though. Taking off Morton for KAF and dropping Husin back we seemed to lose our shape. And ultimately it was Noor who didn’t get the block in for the winner.

Serious question, do you honestly think Maher is instructing his players not to shoot if the opportunity should arise?
Did Maher not literally reveal this last season when Brooklyn (I think) sauntered forward in range, crowd shouted SHOOOT and Maher lost his **** as he wants players to recycle the ball. If you think he wants them to shoot then tot up the number of shots we hit from outside the box.

1 shot on target generally tonight wasn’t it? But no, not mahers fault.

The system we play does not work in this league. slow build up from th back lets huge slow units in the opposition defence get set. these defensive players love dealing with what we dish out. a cross after 5 minutes of tarting around.
We need to be more direct, we need to play 442 , we need to be more aggressive and we desperately need to speed attacks up

Did Maher not literally reveal this last season when Brooklyn (I think) sauntered forward in range, crowd shouted SHOOOT and Maher lost his **** as he wants players to recycle the ball. If you think he wants them to shoot then tot up the number of shots we hit from outside the box.

Bridge, Husin and moncur shot from outside of the box tonight. Bridges was on target.

Did Maher not literally reveal this last season when Brooklyn (I think) sauntered forward in range, crowd shouted SHOOOT and Maher lost his **** as he wants players to recycle the ball.

It was the young RB on loan from QPR, and the incident you’re referring to, he was 35/40 yards out.

There’s a difference with that particular scenario and someone like Noor/Moncur/Bridge being 20-25 yards out.

If you think he wants them to shoot then tot up the number of shots we hit from outside the box.

Few shots from outside the box tonight, Noor, Moncur and Bridge immediately spring to mind. We had a couple against Sutton: KAF and Moncur. A few more against Daggers, Morton had a few himself.

That’s just the last three games.

All of those shots lead to nothing of course, but that is irrelevant of your point.

No, aside from the goal itself I recall Bridge having a shot saved & GSM having a header saved brilliantly by their keeper.

I agree it’s not enough (see my post match report) but it’s more than what’s being claimed

Yeah a couple of people were shouting abuse at the players and Gus started to walk over to the away end and was held back by Ralph and Kev reminded me of Torquay away a few years ago
A few loyal fans are unhappy at the end after a poor performance by the team and Gus gets the hump with them, being our best player this season imo maybe he should have a word with some of his buddy’s about their dire performances, a big thumbs up to the 200+ who went, don’t forget people it’s your club and you’ll be about long after they have gone.UTB and the leagues best fans.🦐

While I know the match report stats in the NLP aren't 100% accurate ,they do indicate that we are usually in the lower region for shots on and off target , but I suppose on ball possession we'd be above average, not much point if it doesn't result in goal chances and seems we only have one player who takes those chances 😉

If fans want instant success why don’t they support Man City? Personally I’m enjoying the challenge of rebuilding the club on and off the field. 3 months ago we nearly never had one.
Glad you enjoy losing to back to back pub teams.

Just because you’re happy with it doesn’t mean everyone else has to be.

The go support Man City take is pathetic and the second time you’ve spun it.

Back