• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was sat with Luke Amos at the sponsors dinner last year and he was a great lad, as such I've followed him since. At the time he said that spurs had prepared him well for his 1st loan and was told not to be disappointed that he may not get much game time and to learn from being in and around 1st team football and that the second loan he should get more football. At the time he commented that he'd love to come back but it ended up that he went out to Stevenage instead. I'm guessing a division lower meant his chances of playing were higher, and he has played and he has impressed. Interesting that before his loan Pochettino gave him another years contract, they must think there is still potential there.

This article is quite good if anybody is interested: http://www.thecomet.net/sport/footb...amos-looks-set-for-promising-future-1-5505230

Interesting post. It makes you wonder at times what benefit there is for us from the loan system compared with playing a seasoned professional from our own squad out of position or even using our own youth.

Yes mate, he would score more goals than Robinson with his eyes shut!!

That's not saying much, I could probably score more goals than Theo if he had his eyes shut.......:smile:

Agree I thought Harrison did look useful. Won plenty of headers. Looked quick and powerful. Would make a good partner for Cox in my opinion.

I liked him too but we're hardly a step up from Rovers in all honesty. Would be a sideways move for him plus I'm guessing they'd want money assuming he's under contract.

Yes mate, he would score more goals than robinson with his eyes shut!!

He certainly scored more goals than Theo, 7 this season in 32 starts. Theo only managed 5. I'm not having a pop at him but I just wonder whether we could do better. I'm not a big lover of Theo as I think he needs to be far more consistent.

Agree I thought Harrison did look useful. Won plenty of headers. Looked quick and powerful.

The thought crossed my mind as well. He seems to have signed an extension there recently enough to rule that out. Shame.

Here's a few other forwards who look interesting on paper

Josh Magennis - signed for Charlton on a 2 yr deal in 2016 so presumably out of contract. Scored the most headers (8) in the division this season and second most last season (5). I'd guess he'll stay at Charlton but worth checking out.
Tom Elliott - still a year left on his deal at Millwall but he only played 4 times for them last year and at 27 presumably would want first team football. 6 foot 4 and works hard but bit of a reputation as a sicknote.
Kurtis Guthrie - had his contract cancelled by Col Ewe after an ankle injury. He's 6 ft 3 and just turned 25, so prime age for a breakout. Scored a dozen goals the season before for the sheep botherers (including 5 headers) and was part of the Forest Green side that got knocked out of the play-offs by Saturday's opponents the season before that (scoring 11).
Paul McCullum - ex W*** H** ex-Orient and was once sent off against us (when at Pompey in the match Corr was also dismissed) so inauspicious beginnings. Now at Eastleigh - where he struggled with injury last year and had a slightly underwhelming record but he would seem to be the type of player who nobody would mention this off-season but would next year if he bangs in 25 goals. Ditto Gethyn Hill at Weston-Super-Mare.
Alfie Pavey - ex Millwall but we've probably missed the boat with him after a prolific season at Dartford

We need to ensure that Norman Wabo is in our first team next season.

Agreed, but not a certain starter, (who knows who SCP will bring in) but certainly should be good enough to make the bench most weeks, and start in the inter paint trophy trade checka thing cup.

He certainly scored more goals than Theo, 7 this season in 32 starts. Theo only managed 5. I'm not having a pop at him but I just wonder whether we could do better. I'm not a big lover of Theo as I think he needs to be far more consistent.

Theo scored 7 goals this season not sure how many starts but certainly no more than 10.

That’s why they’ve introduced that stupid format for the Pointless LDV Checka Paint Johns Trophy. Give them more of an insight into what real men’s football can be like so it’s less of a shock when they do go out on loan.

Terrible competition, almost as poor as league 2 :smile:

I first recommended Akinde to the club when I was also temporarily involved with Ebbsfleet and saw him perform as a youngster, sadly not picked up on, and later he went on to fetch a fair bit of cash for his clubs in transfer fees as he set off around Bristol City, Bristol Rovers Wycombe, Daggers, Crawley, Portsmouth, Brentford, Alfreton and Barnet, scoring 117 goals in 314 games since 2008. Not a bad return and now at 28 years , quite the experienced journeyman , just capable of being this leagues top scorer?

Noticed Jordy Hiwula is out of contract with Huddersfield in July. Always scored at our level whilst on loan including 4 in 11 at Fleetwood this term. Still young at 23 and probably not cost the earth and with SCP being ex Huddersfield - who knows :smile:

Back